Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

Fun fact: If you complain about that mod at all on Nexus, you will be swiftly banned because it is highly illegal to criticize any mod whatsoever.

its true, i got banned for complaining they werent realistic enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I got banned for saying I liked the idea of a mod but wouldn't download in it's current state

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
B2P? That's cool, I guess. Still not going to play it though.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i would play to this game if there was a gun to my head and i literally head no choice 7/10

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I guess I would too, but that depends on how long I'd have to play it for. 2-5 hours? Sure, no problem. 40+? You're killing me either way, the bullet will at least be faster.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The current subscriptions are for 1, 3, and 6 months.

Then they removed 6 months.

Any subscription you had when it goes B2P turns into their premium subscription thing.

Premium subscriptions are for 1, 3, and 6 months.

I can't find a reason they removed the 6 month billing except these guys are retardo.

Dec 26, 2012

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641396&userid=106004

quote:

al-taneen 61hrs
blanchette 164 hrs
gethyn 23hrs
ennas 26hrs
bjarne 23hrs
eis 43hrs
sings 8hrs

that's a grand total of 348hrs
i got the game on 25th april, 113 days ago, so that means an average of 3.08 hours per day playing, or roughly 19% of all my waking hours since i got the game

he made another alt on top of those too

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
As if the horse anus + vulva (merged) wasn't hosed up enough, they've burnt up a whole frickin' 4096x4096 texture page to display it :argh:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
larger tex sheets doesnt mean your poo poo is going to look better... in fact it might look worse... gently caress........ i'm going to murder fakefactory

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
Lyra Sinclaire Marcus Criswell • an hour ago
I'm sorry they want to reasonably recuperate the cost of their development and continue feeding themselves and their families. It must be so horrible to have to help out with that in return for a few hours of fun a day.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
for an mmo it's not that bad

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

for an mmo it's not that bad

it's pretty bad even for an mmo.

i don't have numbers toback it up but i feel like the number of elder scrolls fans is probably comparable to final fantasy fans these days. ff14 did what it's target audience wanted and is apparently pretty okay for people who are into that sort of thing but i'm not really sure what kind of person actually likes eso. what's the target demographic? was there even one beyond 'man that wow game sure rakes in money let's attach a popular ip and get the greenbacks'? probably not.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

it's just such a weird game due to mixed expectations i think. you tack on the elder scrolls name and players will expect to get to explore, ignore quests, and kill dudes when they please (whether or not the guards murder them after is up to u)

Zenimax kinda started on the exploration thing but they just didn't go far enough. like some quests you can't find until you get close, there are secret crystals hidden around that you have to find, I think treasure maps too. but it was still lackluster and i think gw2 trumped it in this regard.

you don't have the option to attack whoever you want even if it's a terrible choice, so that's out of the window

and it's still theme parky which goes agains TES. like I guess you could dick around but leveling up will loving suck unless you follow the hubs. But how do you fix that? having the mobs match the level of each player would separate people, which kills the mmo aspect

i had fun leveling up even so but its a really awkward game that doesn't know what it's supposed to do

Anyways that's a bunch of gay words for u hope u enjoy

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
cant wait for fall out online

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Spider Covets posted:

it's just such a weird game due to mixed expectations i think. you tack on the elder scrolls name and players will expect to get to explore, ignore quests, and kill dudes when they please (whether or not the guards murder them after is up to u)

Zenimax kinda started on the exploration thing but they just didn't go far enough. like some quests you can't find until you get close, there are secret crystals hidden around that you have to find, I think treasure maps too. but it was still lackluster and i think gw2 trumped it in this regard.

you don't have the option to attack whoever you want even if it's a terrible choice, so that's out of the window

and it's still theme parky which goes agains TES. like I guess you could dick around but leveling up will loving suck unless you follow the hubs. But how do you fix that? having the mobs match the level of each player would separate people, which kills the mmo aspect

i had fun leveling up even so but its a really awkward game that doesn't know what it's supposed to do

Anyways that's a bunch of gay words for u hope u enjoy

player level scaling too, like in city of heroes how you could join up and downgrade or upgrade your level stats to match your party and then have the mobs match the party leader's level
I'm still sad no mmos have been able to copy the good ideas from that 10 year old game yet like "How about players can party in any sized group with any class combination, and difficulty can be scaled up or down to compensate?"

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
yeah it seems every mmo just tried to base it of world of warcrafts design. no one really does anything original

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

this guy was cool.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
don't ffxi and ffxiv have the thing where you can scale yourself down?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Doctor Goat posted:

don't ffxi and ffxiv have the thing where you can scale yourself down?

i dunno how it is in ff11 but in ff14 it kinda sucks because it only works with certain things

i wish it had a mentor sort of system

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i like scaling as a concept because then you can help your friends in their boring rear end grind

ragnarok online had the best version in which you could share exp with anyone within 10 levels of you, bu5t if you married anyone you could share no matter what

a strat on one server i played on was to marry someone max level as a level 1 novice, use play dead in the fastest levelling area, and let them powerlevel the gently caress out of you

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

woa

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

al-taneen 61hrs
blanchette 164 hrs
gethyn 23hrs
ennas 26hrs
bjarne 23hrs
eis 43hrs
sings 8hrs

that's a grand total of 348hrs
i got the game on 25th april, 113 days ago, so that means an average of 3.08 hours per day playing, or roughly 19% of all my waking hours since i got the game

:eyepop:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

bae to play

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

player level scaling too, like in city of heroes how you could join up and downgrade or upgrade your level stats to match your party and then have the mobs match the party leader's level
I'm still sad no mmos have been able to copy the good ideas from that 10 year old game yet like "How about players can party in any sized group with any class combination, and difficulty can be scaled up or down to compensate?"

Guild wars 2 does most of this.

You can complete anything with any class combination. Higher level players are scaled down, and there are plenty of reasons for them do to that lower end stuff. You get just as much money finishing a level 30 dungeon as you would completing a high end dungeon, and your max level self can go work on open world completion/events in newbie zones with a buddy who just started playing.

It doesn't scale lower level people upwards though, so a level 30 character would just get owned in an 80 area. And dungeons don't scale based on the number of players (it always assumes 5), though open world stuff does.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Vargs posted:

You can complete anything with any class combination. Higher level players are scaled down, and there are plenty of reasons for them do to that lower end stuff. You get just as much money finishing a level 30 dungeon as you would completing a high end dungeon, and your max level self can go work on open world completion/events in newbie zones with a buddy who just started playing.

It doesn't scale lower level people upwards though, so a level 30 character would just get owned in an 80 area. And dungeons don't scale based on the number of players (it always assumes 5), though open world stuff does.

Yeah guild wars came really close to being what I wanted in a chill mmo to play with friends but arenanet was doggedly pursuing esports crap and balancing around that while ignoring how unfun and empty pve was for some classes after the first 3 months and the whole dodge mechanic/enemy signalling not quite working.
But hey it was a one time purchase so if it ever gets cool I can go back

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Everquest 2 also had a system where you could mentor a lower level person and you were just over powered while they gained more exp.

City of heroes / villians had a great mentor / sidekick version that did near the same.

I wish more games did that.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Vargs posted:

Shame about the rest of that lovely boring game.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the only b2p that matters is beer 2 pee

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

butt 2 penis

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

bepis to plape

uHhhh

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

here is where a lot of their money has gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLdYM70QNdo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzhyLuXzNZY

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't think anyone will ever make a game as cool as the cinematic for it

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I remember at launch some heroic goon made a fat orc man and had crazy runspeed abilities and racials that made him faster than mounted players which he would use to run down anyone on the battlefield.

He then changed equipment which put him at negative runspeed and was forever slow.

And that was the game for the first month. I hope you enjoyed my story.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

they should have just taken daggerfall and made it multiplayer I would have played that for, like, poo poo, 40 minutes EASY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I guess they're adding Clockwork City so you can go bro out with Sotha Sil

I think they'll find that Trainwiz beat them to the punch with some Morrowind mods :smugdog:

• Locked thread