Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Good call, that guy has an annoying lispy voice anyway, wouldn't wanna sully your experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

why have people jerked there dicks over ocarina of time for 17 years when majora's mask is clearly the superior game. anyways this owns and i'm gonna buy i t

true

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

im actually extremely excited for this game, because when i was a kid i could never get through this game.

excited that the bomber's journal is going to be more robust, will try to stay away from the faqs and poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How did they change the bombers notebook, it was fine in the original. It would say "This person is at location from time to time and if you help them with x you get a mask".

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

How did they change the bombers notebook, it was fine in the original. It would say "This person is at location from time to time and if you help them with x you get a mask".

It's more detailed and helpful basically.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

also can't you make it display on the bottom screen? that's pretty useful.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

i'm convinced you could also miss getting it, since you have to go back to the kids hideout apparently or w/e and i have no recollection of it what so oever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah it was missable. Regardless, I'm going to buy this and play it on the new 3DS on Valentine's Day. Cheers

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Oh yeah it was missable. Regardless, I'm going to buy this and play it on the new 3DS on Valentine's Day. Cheers

yeah me too. I hvae plans for the future as well. the year has just started.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

The Taint Reaper posted:

Still have my original Gold Cart Collector's Edition with box and everything. The game and booklet are currently residing in a plastic UGC to keep it safe from the elements.

All of the MM carts were gold. The collectors addition has the holographic label.

I own three copies of OoT because I wanted a cart of every version (gold cart, grey cart pre-update, grey cart post-update).

edit: I guess technically 5 copies since I also have the MQ disc that came with WW and the 3DS version.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

All of the MM carts were gold. The collectors addition has the holographic label.

I own three copies of OoT because I wanted a cart of every version (gold cart, grey cart pre-update, grey cart post-update).

edit: I guess technically 5 copies since I also have the MQ disc that came with WW and the 3DS version.

Yeah I've got the Gold OoT and Pre-Update grey one too, as well as the two gamecube Zelda discs(MQ and Anthology) and the 3Ds version.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

tl;dr there are 3 revisions of the game on n64, not 2

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SeXReX posted:

http://www.zeldaspeedruns.com/oot/generalknowledge/version-differences

tl;dr there are 3 revisions of the game on n64, not 2

Interesting. I seem to have 1.0 gold and grey carts and a 1.2 grey cart. I guess I have a couple more carts to hunt down.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why would Goht have eyes to shoot you fight him as a goron

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why would Goht have eyes to shoot you fight him as a goron

you can shoot him with fire arrows from an alcove if you hate fun

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

you can shoot him with fire arrows from an alcove if you hate fun

what the gently caress????? thatd be like playing metal gear rising by stockpiling rocket launchers and using them exclusively, imo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
yeah the speedrun strat where you abuse his AI and just stand out in the path spamming arrows and sidejump dodging the lightning is cool and all but its about infinity times more fun to roll after him.

they should have made hits to his body while standing do more damage because nothing feels as good as catching some air and spiking him in the rear end.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whereas_majoras_mask_thread.jpg

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

you've suffered a terrible fate, haven't you

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

i am gonna buy the sh*it out of this game

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
i am extremely excited about tomorrow, its gonna be a epic day

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Foxhound posted:

i am extremely excited about tomorrow, its gonna be a epic day

Same.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Kazvall posted:

Besides a very minor dislike of the child link model nintendo has been doing these past years.

It was released 15 years ago.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

circ dick soleil posted:

It was released 15 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3-5-RCViA heres game xplain guy fighting majoras mask

he is a loving retard and has no idea how to fight it. who the gently caress uses zora form against the mask? loving shoot it with arrows and then use the mirror shield when it's shooting beams who does not know this :psyduck:

e: he loving dies against the chicken form my god

nevermind dont watch this how bad can you be at zelda lmao

ee: locking this thread

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 13, 2015

• Locked thread