Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
hey
This poll is closed.
chie 7 29.17%
naoto 4 16.67%
kanji 5 20.83%
goku 8 33.33%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
WarWizard is a game about being a cool dude in a blue cloak who does stuff I don't care about because I remember exploring being cool and I guess if other stuff happens it'd be neat but w/e.

once upon a time a young doctor goat downloaded a sweet as hell game off the aol shareware archive and played one billion hours of it and immediately forgot its name for like fifteen years. and then today i found the name because i found someone else's vague memories and combined them with my own into a knowledge voltron and then pablo gigante found the actual name of the game that matched the memories

it looks like butt. i don't think it's my fault either, i think it just naturally has a weird resolution

this game is obscure as gently caress. the guy who made it went on to be the head designer for everquest and the game's registered copies shipped out as reliably as the ouya. someone found a copy pretty recently i think and asked the game's designer if it was cool to post the registered game and it was so now it's free

i'm mature and good at names

i don't know if gender affects anything, should i switch to a lady war wizard?

the story, as told by dosbox changing between pages because i pushed screenshot

it's like a mix between Exile and Ultima 4 in what it looks like

see the treasure icon? it means you can find a thing in the room if you push search

you actually have to find things in rooms and it's sweet as hell

this is the loot menu. the icons include Punch Lock (it animates even), Open Chest, Lock/Unlock (a big idiot moron who isn't me hit lock on the first chest testing this out and then you can't open it again), and the food/gold value in the chest. items are pretty self explanatory but we live with a hobo clone of ourselves so it ain't like there's items in here

we're taking all the food and gold how is our master dude gonna live

they use the ultima style signposts around here, the ones that are 6ftx6ft cubes.

if you go in the bar you can click tables to find people to join you and if you're drunk you can find other special people who won't talk to you if you're a straight edge square

here's a stack of lady warriors hanging out. i recruit some scrub dude from their midst, and give him a good name

the item screen is a bit weird but there's a beating heart sound and it's really cool. each member gets one of the four slots obviously. we start the game unequipped so we have to rely on our friends to take hits. its good to have a friend.

got nothing on but a blue cloak and a smile

i step out of town and lose several screenshots somehow. we went to camp and for some reason goat tse-tung threw all his equipment off and ran off into the night and now i'm wearing it in memory of him, it's good to rely on friends

from the manual:

quote:

-- It is possible to trade items between your characters via
the Trade button on the Backpack/Possessions screen (at the main
screen select Status, then the character you wish to strip of
all his possessions, um, I mean trade from, then select the
backpack icon, etc.). You may wish to use this feature quite a
bit in the beginning until your WarWizard is properly outfitted.
Just don't leave TOO many warriors naked and Abandoned! After
all, they DID join you as a friend, and besides, it isn't very
nice.

who wants to join the party i have warriors, clerics, and mages available, all at scrub tier levels. i can probably go north and get a lumberjack or two if you are into that sort of thing? lumberjacks are okay

i don't remember the combat aside from it being like fallout in targetting areas and i dont remember what i'm doing after my ritual of stripping a new member down and stealing their poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Let's Play is one forum above this one, OP.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if i want to work a lot i'll go post in lp, if i want to have fun and have good people instead of whoever the new RentCavalier is i'll post here

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

lmao a goku option, voted goku thx op :D

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Doctor Goat posted:

if i want to work a lot i'll go post in lp, if i want to have fun and have good people instead of whoever the new RentCavalier is i'll post here

hmm....

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ugh, more like word wizard. loving poo poo.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i hope your thread goes well op. i didnt read it but i hope it goes well

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I, for one, wish you luck with your warring and/or wizarding. It is also important to perform war and/or magical crimes, particularly with a band of naked, drunken , (screaming?) warriors recruited from a tavern.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Why is a guy dumping the gold out of a chest he's carrying? Why wouldn't he just carry the chest with the gold in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'm gonna close this until I play more and then I will open it again if stuff happens worth commenting on instead of hoping i run into plot or a dungeon

BERGfu posted:

Why is a guy dumping the gold out of a chest he's carrying? Why wouldn't he just carry the chest with the gold in it?

it's easier to roll around it like a dog in poo poo if it's like that

• Locked thread