Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
Trying to stay out of the archives. Hopefully I will have to post toyota frame fixins, panel bashing, and other stuff (rear bearings on my gmt400 9.5" corporate, and ghetto fuel pump replacement) before break is over. Until then, heres some sliders I made, me inside the bay of a 6.5 turbo c3500 I pulled the engine from for $300 and the aforementioned frame hole (I really need limiting straps):

Negromancer posted:

You would be amazed how much interior room aw11 mr2's have. I am 6'2" and didn't even need to put the drivers seat all the way back on the ones I used to have.

Hope is not lost, now I just need to completely relocate my life to where they still exist ie not the midwest.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Just JB weld the case, problem solved. Nice bike, i have been in the market to get one myself lately.

This very well could be an option, I havent investigated super closely but when I was re-welding the shift lever to the selector it appeared that it had already been jb-welded and the leak was coming from the "snout" of the selector hole being jb welded out of round and the seal no longer fitting, I definitely could be wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
before I get gassed:

I have been working on a(n?) Baja SAE car for Iowa State University.

We won endurance in the first international event (of 3), and would have gotten second in overall competition if we knew how to weigh CVT weights and had our poo poo together. We still beat out Michigan U (sponsored by: Ford, Toyota, and GM), our highest donor makes wood chippers. I just was elected production director for 16/17, so all the gently caress you's (we can't make that) and clean up your shits will fall under me (3 directors: biz, tech, and production. with sub systems beneath). I can detail more if theres interest.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

I can detail more if theres interest.

:justpost: Of course there's interest, this is AI.

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
Dont die little thread, ive been too busy making spark plugs

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
Walp, turns out I am really bad at maintaining a thread.

Ive done all sorts of car-ey stuff this fall/summer like try to keep my poo poo not broken and do offroady stuff, did intake gaskets on my 2500, broke the compressor/winch/HG on my toyota. Motorcycle maintenance sprinkled in there and some work on my buddies FJ60. Moved shops around since flood stuff, and now trying to piece together what all I can get done over winter break so that spring doesnt suck. I need to get a motorcycle running decent enough for campus commute work and get my toyota to not be such a sad pile so I can do more offroadey things in it. I think either one of the carriers or tcase is shot too because it makes a gnarly gear mesh/smoked bearing rotational sound. Enough words, have some (old) pictures, sorry for the SC quality on alot of them:

civic seats

\
gs750 in front of an old gas station

chinesium motorbike I slapped together and aforementioned fj60

lashed the valves on that ol gal and got rid of a miss issue, put away for winter

put this thing to sleep too, needs full exhaust

saw this funky jungle

cattle chasin

bonus flood stuff

• Locked thread