Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Trying to connect a television to use as a monitor. I've plugged devices into the television and tested the HDMI ports (brand new television & older television) and I have isolated the problem to the graphics card.

There is a DVI output that works fine with the monitor to a regular Dell monitor. When I try to use the micro-HDMI out port on the video card, neither of the televisions detects any input being sent to the television.

I can remote-connect into the computer and it does not detect displays when connected to the televisions either.

At a loss. I've tried with two separate televisions (Samsung/Insignia) and neither seems to work.

Bad HDMI output? Any thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garbagewater
Oct 18, 2010
I'd update the graphics card drivers and test the cable on a different device. Alternatively you could use DVI and a separate audio cable if it comes to that.

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash
What's your native resolution/refresh rate?

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Ibanez Murderface posted:

What's your native resolution/refresh rate?

4:3 generally 1080p, 60htz or whatever.

• Locked thread