Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I don't know why, but dreams whether they are good or bad make me think allot about death. How do you deal with the thoughts of mortality? Do you tell yourself that death is still always off, so no worries. Do you convince yourself you won't die? That you don't actually exist? That there's an afterlife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Gross Dude posted:

I don't know why, but dreams whether they are good or bad make me think allot about death. How do you deal with the thoughts of mortality? Do you tell yourself that death is still always off, so no worries. Do you convince yourself you won't die? That you don't actually exist? That there's an afterlife?

you need to calm down about your upcoming date

dogcrash truther

pig slut lisa posted:

you need to calm down about your upcoming date

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I have a date on Tuesday and Wednesday now.

alnilam

Gross Dude posted:

I have a date on Tuesday and Wednesday now.

my god... the dates are multiplying...

ty manifisto

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

my father is dying every time i see him he is reduced from the vital man that raised me he needs oxygen to breathe his super bowl numbers aren't coming up

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Bo-Pepper posted:

my father is dying every time i see him he is reduced from the vital man that raised me he needs oxygen to breathe his super bowl numbers aren't coming up

#nationwide bitch

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

he can't walk without gasping he enjoyed my chili

Gross Dude

Gross Dude
I watched my great grandma die slowly over years from a stroke. It made it painfully obvious what awaited me in the end and I found the thought terrifying.

Here's my thought pattern for coping. You know on star trek they have those teleporters that take all your atoms, tear them apart and reassemble them done else? Well if you go through that, I'd say you die and a new consciousness is created with the new you. Then, I apply the same logic to sleeping. If at Any point you lose consciousness, you die and any future you isn't you. But why isn't that true moment to moment. My life is an infinite series of mes dying and being replaced. I find this comforting :)

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

we talked about dying with dignity today also that katy perry has a good body

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Gross Dude posted:

I watched my great grandma die slowly over years from a stroke. It made it painfully obvious what awaited me in the end and I found the thought terrifying.

Here's my thought pattern for coping. You know on star trek they have those teleporters that take all your atoms, tear them apart and reassemble them done else? Well if you go through that, I'd say you die and a new consciousness is created with the new you. Then, I apply the same logic to sleeping. If at Any point you lose consciousness, you die and any future you isn't you. But why isn't that true moment to moment. My life is an infinite series of mes dying and being replaced. I find this comforting :)

did anybody say gross, dude yet?

Cosmic Charlie

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Gross Dude posted:

Your essence flows through me and I create you at the streamhead of eternity. Welcome back, again, for the first time. Again.

joke_explainer

I remember feeling my mom's heart stop feeling for her pulse. They got there too late to do anything. Life is just a bunch of random poo poo and then you die, and everything you did is completely obliterated in short order.

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
heavy poo poo man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gross Dude

Gross Dude

Brillo_Pad posted:

heavy poo poo man

Makes you think

• Locked thread