Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

gang sines posted:

but really why do white people like sriracha so much

Because Matt Inman made it a white thing to like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gang sines posted:

it's frickin epic

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Scotch bonnet salsa is p pro imo

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Sambal oelek is better.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

gang sines posted:

Because it's superb when it's something like this:

instead of that Huy Fong crap.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

EXAKT Science posted:

Because it's superb when it's something like this:

instead of that Huy Fong crap.

My girlfriend swears by the Trader Joes Sriracha knockoff and says it's twice as good as the Huy Fong stuff. I think that's because it's basically a reddish garlic sauce and not a big hit of chili.

Anyway I live in San Diego so the go-to food for gaming is to arrive hefting a giant burrito from any number of amazing Mexican places around here. Near the end of the evening when that powerful food tool finally wears off we generally go for homemade cookies and Ballast Point Victory at Sea porter.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

theironjef posted:

My girlfriend swears by the Trader Joes Sriracha knockoff and says it's twice as good as the Huy Fong stuff. I think that's because it's basically a reddish garlic sauce and not a big hit of chili.

Anyway I live in San Diego so the go-to food for gaming is to arrive hefting a giant burrito from any number of amazing Mexican places around here. Near the end of the evening when that powerful food tool finally wears off we generally go for homemade cookies and Ballast Point Victory at Sea porter.

God I wish it were possible to get decent Mexican food in the northeast.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

God I wish it were possible to get decent Mexican food in the northeast.

This is why I don't mind all the illegals in Wisconsin. We have some legit Mexican places. You know it's the real deal when Mexican people who work at one restaurant go to another restaurant and order food that isn't on the menu. Too bad I can barely pronounce Camarones a la Diabla.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

Sambal oelek is better.

Yeah, this. Sriracha is in supermarkets here though, and to get Sambal Oelek I have to go to the asian grocery, and if I go to the asian grocery I'm gonna buy this stuff instead:

Pun Chun chilli sauce.

I asked my favorite vietnamese takeout what I'm getting when I say "extra chilli sauce", and it was this. It's really salty.

e: also if I go to the asian grocery I'm gonna end up with a couple of bags of "hot chilli go-go nuts" which are like spicy/crunchy coated peanuts that have been a staple gaming snack for my main group since the 90s. They're really bad for you though. I can't find them online anywhere.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 5, 2015

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I like sriracha because it's not mostly vinegar.

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
At my Kerberos Club games, the couple whose house we game at do a delicious as hell pork roast with roast veg+leafy greens.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I'm from the south. When Siracha was introduced to me the guy called it, "cock sauce."

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

i went to south korea for a mate's wedding and now i pretty much use gochujang on everything

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Here's a simple recipe for those who like little to no effort and tasty results.

Get about 200 grams of red lentils, a couple of onions, a bunch of chili peppers (as many as you think you can tolerate), as many garlic cloves as you like and a can of crushed tomatoes. You also need some curry paste, salt, garam masala, black pepper and whatever other spices you like, but i go with these.

Chop up the onions and the peppers, remove seeds from onions, crush garlic. Rinse the lentils.

Sautee onions, peppers and garlic in oil. Add the garlic last because that poo poo will burn. Once they look about done, add the can of crushed tomatoes and the lentils. If it looks too solid, add some water (this will depend on the consistency of the tomato poo poo). Add two rough teaspoons of the curry paste along with the rest of the spices, boil until the lentils are done. If it looks watery, reduce at a low temp. Then allow that stuff to cool.

Get some puff pastry dough and fashion it into squares. Because you're probably using ready-to-bake dough, see on the package how long it needs to bake and at what temp. Put about a big spoonful of your curry in the center of each square, fashion into pockets. Bake.

You now got a bunch of spicy lentil pies that are both filling and tasty. After the game, eat the rest of the lentils straight out of the pot like the drunk animal that you are.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kemper Boyd posted:

After the game, eat the rest of the ________ straight out of the ______ like the drunk animal that you are.

Gamer fuel.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

poop, cat box.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
As we play on Roll20, I only need to set up snacks for myself. :smug:

When we take a break from gaming, I often visit the kitchen to cook up a burrito or cut up a cucumber. Sometimes I eat pieces while playing (we do text-only, so no worries about talking with mouth full).

But back in the day when we had face-to-face games, Chex Mix (Bold flavor) was my go-to snack.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There is a new Cajan style resterant in town. Next time we play? GODLY CATFISH PO'BOYS. Plus boudin balls of joy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

LordAba posted:

There is a new Cajan style resterant in town. Next time we play? GODLY CATFISH PO'BOYS. Plus boudin balls of joy.

So. Fleeking. Epiiiiiic!!!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Its all gummy bears, yo

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lord Frisk posted:

Its all gummy bears, yo

Truth

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I tried to make mozzarella sticks but my bread crumbs weren't sticking very well to the cheese (yes, I dipped them in egg first). I make my own bread crumbs by taking some three day old bread and blending it up with some cayenne and lemon zest.

Do I need to have staler bread for the bread crumbs to really take? Do I need to blend it into finer crumbs? Whats up with my bread crumbs?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'd try finer bread crumbs. Try to get it so there's no large chunks.

Also, who here has good cast iron? I make sweet love to my cast iron skillet at least once a week, and I'm making dinner in my Dutch oven tonight.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Lord Frisk posted:

I'd try finer bread crumbs. Try to get it so there's no large chunks.

Also, who here has good cast iron? I make sweet love to my cast iron skillet at least once a week, and I'm making dinner in my Dutch oven tonight.

My set of LeCreuset pots is why all my gaming bros love it when I cook, but are mysteriously very busy when I need to move. Great heat and the enamel means washing up is a snap.

I like to make dumplings for my group, but that's like 15 different recipes and I don't know if people actually want my version of bao or whatever.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Xiahou Dun posted:

My set of LeCreuset pots is why all my gaming bros love it when I cook, but are mysteriously very busy when I need to move. Great heat and the enamel means washing up is a snap.

I like to make dumplings for my group, but that's like 15 different recipes and I don't know if people actually want my version of bao or whatever.

I would love a recipe for bao.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LordAba posted:

Boudin balls are so good I'm surprised they are still legal.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
My hostess had guacamole with chipotle salsa and roasted cumin mixed in this week, poo poo was awesome. Also super dark chocolate brownies that looked like activated charcoal they were so black with cocoa goodness.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Stuff to eat while playing ApW.

Vx Brand Apopalyspe Corn
Make popcorn.
Melt butter.
Add a whole bunch of sriracha hot sauce.
Stir sriracha hot sauce butter through popcorn.
Eat.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Elizabeth's Prepackaged Feast
Gather together food-like products that might survive an apocalypse. Must include Twinkies, Spam, and cheap junk candy. Fish paste in a tube is good, as is Cheez Wizz. Display on something incongruously lovely, like an antique silver platter or a tiered cut-glass cookie tree. Make up increasingly bizarre combinations as the night wears on. Bonus points to whoever first tries Twinkies with Fish paste icing.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

When I lived near a big Asian supermarket I'd make a point of bringing the most interesting thing I could find that day in the snack aisle. Best result: crispy potato sticks with mint. Worst result: durian "cookies" that were like little extruded bits of builder's foam.

Now we usually just get a few loaves of bread, cold cuts and stuff like hummus and olives and occasionally a cake.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fosborb posted:

Vx Brand Apopalyspe Corn
Make popcorn.
Melt butter.
Eat.

Hell. Yes.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
When playing Savage Worlds: Pirates of the Spanish Main it is important to drink rum. drink Kraken© rum for maximum atmo

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fosborb posted:

Vx Brand Apopalyspe Corn
Make popcorn.
Melt butter.
Eat.

Doesn't this lube up the hams? How do I properly roll dice with lubed up hams?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

LordAba posted:

Doesn't this lube up the hams? How do I properly roll dice with lubed up hams?

use chopsticks like you do for cheetos

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

use chopsticks like you do for cheetos

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
The bonus is that you also get to practice your chopstick skills on cheetos / popcorn! Seriously, though, I use chopsticks to eat flaming hot cheetos when playing video games, too, so I don't get my computer all gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Error 404 posted:

I would love a recipe for bao.

• Locked thread