Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?
Problem description: The AC adapter for my Revo 1600 went up in smoke. I purchased a replacement unit at the same voltage and all that. The plug that goes into the computer seems slightly too small and it will only power up when held at just the right angle. I'm not sure if there's something I can do to make it fit more "snug," or if I just need to get a new plug altogether. If I tape it in at the perfect angle, it works, but the slightest bump powers down.

Attempted fixes: Tried opening the computer to see if I could adjust the pins inside the power plug, but it is sealed. Tried bending the pin slightly for better contact.

Recent changes: Nothing past the new AC adapter.

--

Operating system: Windows 7 32

System specs: Acer Revo R1600 set top, nothing changed from factory (Using as HTPC)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

cheezit fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread