Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i just hope the renewed interest in the ip convinces them to remake new vegas in a more recent engine

i know its not that simple but i feel like i never really gave it a chance because i played it after playing 3 to death

It's seems like it's more for the benefit of 76.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeEG_l_hhFk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper

starfield??? more like starfailed

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Scuba Trooper posted:

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Jedi Survivor was half off and I still feel like I overpaid a bit - there's some improvements on systems that worked well enough already - the story is kinda flat for a long intro sequence and some of the early saber battles feel like i'm on baby mode. But introducing a more open structure to planets and having more interesting side quests than Fallen Over works so far. (I'm only on the second planet).

I'm still slowly going through Like A Dragon : Infinite Wealth and I really like how much they've changed and how much they've kept the same since Yakuza : Like A Dragon

DoomCroissant

Roll D3 for Delicious Flaky Crust
i decided to abandon modern gaming and downloaded all these emulators, roms, and isos

i’m now playing dragon quest vii on the ps1, and it’s pretty awesome

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

what if they spend the next six years patching it to suck less, like the video FP posted about Fallout 76 suggests they are capable of?

Scuba Trooper

we can only hope. my man complaint is that it doesnt really have a personality

kalel

DoomCroissant posted:

i decided to abandon modern gaming and downloaded all these emulators, roms, and isos

i’m now playing dragon quest vii on the ps1, and it’s pretty awesome

same, it owns.

Ass-penny

Scuba Trooper posted:

we can only hope. my man complaint is that it doesnt really have a personality

contrary to my last post: that's your only complaint??

Scuba Trooper

main, not only, but i'll confess i don't remember what else bugged me about it. been a while

Philippe

(she/her)

rear end-penny posted:

what if they spend the next six years patching it to suck less, like the video FP posted about Fallout 76 suggests they are capable of?

I don't think we're getting a cyberpunk-esque success story out of starfield

Finger Prince

Philippe posted:

Did they completely rewrite the story and all the characters and hire devs who've actually worked on a half decent driving game and have them completely redesign the driving from scratch or something?

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Philippe posted:

the thing that people don't seem to realize about cyberpunk is that it was a good game that just got released prematurely and needed more work to iron things out. it wasn't a bad game that got good after some updates, the vast majority of the poo poo that people love about that game was there from the start it was just overshadowed by the problems.

for starfield to have such a renaissance it would need several fundamental aspects to be completely rebuilt

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

sb hermit

watho posted:

the thing that people don't seem to realize about cyberpunk is that it was a good game that just got released prematurely and needed more work to iron things out. it wasn't a bad game that got good after some updates, the vast majority of the poo poo that people love about that game was there from the start it was just overshadowed by the problems.

for starfield to have such a renaissance it would need several fundamental aspects to be completely rebuilt

sb hermit

I haven’t played cyberpunk but I’m about to finish a newish pc build that might be able to run it

finally I can play modern fps games with a mouse and keyboard again

Philippe

(she/her)

Yeah, Cyberpunk was always good at the core. The characters, story, and quest design are all excellent, and improving the gameplay to match makes them shine even more.

Then the anime, fantastic DLC, consistent patching, and added romantic interactions just added to it.

I don't get that feeling from Bethesda at all.

Prof. Crocodile

Todd. Todd never changes.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

picked up El Paso, Elsewhere on sale the other day and i'm loving it from the three levels i played before making dinner. an extremely solid horror themed max payne clone. i do mean max payne clone with adoration and the inspirations are worn on the sleeve. down to the philosophical musings asking you if you want to exit to desktop or not. highly recommend checking it out

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Philippe posted:

Yeah, Cyberpunk was always good at the core. The characters, story, and quest design are all excellent, and improving the gameplay to match makes them shine even more.

Then the anime, fantastic DLC, consistent patching, and added romantic interactions just added to it.

I don't get that feeling from Bethesda at all.

I've talked about this before, but I guess my issues with cyberpunk aren't about how well the story is told or how well the characters are written, it's how it's told and how it's written.

I don't like how, at every turn, it tries to force you accept merging your brain with a gaslighting narcissist who literally tried to force himself on you when first introduced, and when you resist is all "Hey baby, don't be like that, you need me." and then at the end, when you are finally given the option to free yourself of him, the ending you get is "you die alone in space. The end."

Also, Panam's dialog isn't different whether you're a male or female, and since she's written as a romanceable character, it leads you in that direction, until you get to the point where you can make a move, and she's all "eww gross I don't like girls". But will still text you after like "hey bb I miss you, BTW can you help me move a fridge?"