Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adster107
Feb 9, 2015
Hi there!

Me and a friend of mine have recently made a few videos parodying the let's play genre.

We were inspired by another let's play channel ran by someone we know (which for the sake of sparing the innocent I shall not name, plus it's terrible, I'll spare you the horrors).

Here is the inital trailer I created:
-Redacted because I feel I've made a terrible decision :P -

If you enjoyed that, then we've also created a couple of longer episodes.

Black Castle:

7 Deadly Challenges:

We're planning on moving in other types of games soon, cause we figure it'd get pretty dull quickly to stick to the same game.

I'm throwing this out on here because I want to see if I can get any constructive feedback (in regards to humor, content and general editing) and to see if we can find an audience who would be willing to more of this decently edited poo poo.

I hope you enjoy and let me know what you guys think!

(Also, whilst I feel like this is the best place for this at the moment, if any mods/admins feel it doesn't belong here, I can get rid of this post it's cool)

#Edit#

Well, I can see this was definitely the wrong place to try and post this. As much as I've enjoyed reading some of your constructive feedback (Duly noted regarded renpy or whatever it was), I feel it's better if I just remove the links and move on.

Shame this didn't work out on here, but tis what it is I guess.

adster107 fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I have a better idea. Download Renpy, do whatever you did to create that intro (likely looking at your Microsoft XP desktop while under the influence) and then commit it to text. Give it some choices and general gameplay direction then release it.

I will play and enjoy it, and unlike this video it will (probably) not make me wanna rip out my eyes out.

Ground floor.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I enjoyed your vidos, adster107. Please make more of them.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
I don't think this is parody at all. I think this is a legitimate attempt.

adster107
Feb 9, 2015

judge reinhold posted:

I don't think this is parody at all. I think this is a legitimate attempt.

I can't tell if we're doing something right or something hideously wrong.

Oh well, poo poo happens I guess. :p

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

adster107 posted:

Oh well, poo poo happens I guess. :p
Case in point, this thread and your videos.....which is poo poo and has happened.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

What are you parodying exactly?

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

:frogon:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
This is raw stuff, slick stuff. Neat stuff. You're wiping out the walls between you and me, and I really like that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wow, haha, that parrot is sure phucked!

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
What's...the parody?

I've noticed a trend lately, where a lot of people try to say that their thing is bad because it's parody, but they don't seem to know what parody means.

Parody involves referencing the source material, and makes fun of it in a way that's funny. It doesn't involve being just like the source material. You can't make fun of something by being just like the thing you're trying to make fun of.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
If this is a serious attempt at comedy it's either some Andy Kaufman-level poo poo, or you're complete morons. The smart money is not on the former possibility.

heytallman
Aug 30, 2013

Is not actually tall.
Phuck you and your videos, man.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

adster107 posted:

I'm throwing this out on here because I want to see if I can get any constructive feedback (in regards to humor, content and general editing) and to see if we can find an audience who would be willing to more of this decently edited poo poo.

Maybe next time save your :10bux: and buy a "Parodies for Dummies" book instead. Also some editing lessons, because keyframing a bunch of images and explosion animations are not cool in TYOOL 2015.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 10, 2015

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
I got maybe twenty seconds in. This is like anti-comedy, man. This has drained funny from the fabric of existence just by existing itself. I hope to God you didn't erase Ghostbusters.

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .   . .  ¸ .   °  
¸. * ● ¸ . ...sometime...   ° ☾ °  ¸. ● ¸ .  ★ °
:.  . • °   .  * :. ...in the near future... ● ¸  ★   
° ☾ °☆  . * ¸.   ★ ★ ° . .    . ☾ °☆   . *
¸. * ● ¸ .  ° ☾ ° you phuck off ★  ¸. ● ¸ .   ★°
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  .   . .  ¸ .   °  

seriously though you should leave

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
10/10 would gamingo again

But seriously, this is remarkably bad.

SharpWingedSpear
Oct 10, 2012

Pressing buttons well makes me feel better about my drinking problem and/or lack of friends.
Op, your links are broken. These go to some poo poo Minecraft LP.

Please fix soon, thread tag promises humor.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

OP I'm serious about the Renpy thing. This has potential to be the next Dog of Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jihsay0aTAY

moar liek dis OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010
Ground floor on this disaster.

Has anyone ever made internet millions on this site? Why do people flock to it like it's the launching pad for their career?

• Locked thread