Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gimbal lock posted:

Kirby games are good poo poo

I don't know, I played the Anthology collection, Epic Yarn and this and he seems strictly a B-tier game series.

Mario galaxy 1 and 2 made me give a gently caress about the game and guys in it. Kirby has yet to enchant me in such a fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hmmmm I could respond to a taint reaper post or I could play kirby hmmmmmmm

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Why not do both. They all lead to cute.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Kirby is shaped like a friend! Do we need there to be a reason more to like him?

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kirby!

kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby kirby

KIRBY!

Kirby's cute, his games are fun and I hope as many as possible can have fun playing Kirby games.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i finally went back and did it

gently caress a drat drawing minigame http://www.hitbox.tv/video/431269

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Good poo poo, son.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Good poo poo, son.

Paint Roller was the boss I had the most trouble with in Kirby's Adventure (not counting the star ball)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

I don't know, I played the Anthology collection, Epic Yarn and this and he seems strictly a B-tier game series.

Mario galaxy 1 and 2 made me give a gently caress about the game and guys in it. Kirby has yet to enchant me in such a fashion.

not everybody gets the postmodern genius of an amorphous blob becoming WHATEVER HE WANTS. kirby is a rennaissance man but I don't expect plebs to "get" it. i suppose the jar jar binks antics of lubba are more the speed of children, heh

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
hey everyone my first piece for nintendojo is about rainbow curse music

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I did it http://www.nintendojo.com/features/columns/nintendojo-jukebox/nintendojo-jukebox-kirby-and-the-rainbow-curse

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I enjoyed that. Also, I've never played Mother 3 beyond the very beginning because of technical reasons, but listening to that Hot Springs track makes me wanna go back and try it again.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Mother 3 is one of those games you have to give time to. It's admittedly very very slow starting off, but it gets you sucked in as it progresses, but yes, the music is the best I've heard.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

The pacing wasn't really the problem. My laptop literally stopped working right as I was getting into it and I just haven't had the time to sit down and start again, really.

Edit: on a Kirby-related note I played through the original Dream Land for the first time the other day. Super short, but I liked it. It took me a while to get used to using no power-ups, too.

All Frogs fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 1, 2015

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

All Frogs posted:

I enjoyed that. Also, I've never played Mother 3 beyond the very beginning because of technical reasons, but listening to that Hot Springs track makes me wanna go back and try it again.

Mother 3 isn't bad. Its rhythm attack thing is pretty cool and you can still do well in the game even if you suck at said mechanic (like I did). However, you really need to overcome quite a bit to start to enjoy it such as waiting for over an hour for the main game to start as well as how painfully linear it is, even compared to 2.
Neat game, but I can definitely see why the Eastern Hemisphere hates it.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 1, 2015

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

SilverSupernova posted:

Mother 3 isn't bad. Its rhythm attack thing is pretty cool and you can still do well in the game even if you suck at said mechanic (like I did). However, you really need to overcome quite a bit to start to enjoy it such as waiting for over an hour for the main game to start as well as how painfully linear it is, even compared to 2.
Neat game, but I can definitely see why the Eastern Hemisphere hates it.

Ah, cool. Thanks for the heads up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Just finished the story and as fun as it was it feels like such a great aesthetic was wasted on a game where you're stuck looking at the tablet screen the whole time. I spent the first couple of worlds trying to look exclusively at the TV but had to stop at a point and then I was a little bummed out the rest of the time

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I got the Kioby paper theme on my XL. Real good.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

noirstronaut posted:

I got the Kioby paper theme on my XL. Real good.

Yeah, I like that one, too. The extra life chime when you open it is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

I got the Gourmet Race theme. Brings back memories of playing through Super Star as a kid. Good times.

• Locked thread