Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
I may or may not be a dog thief.

From Wednesday to Friday I was in Enid Oklahoma for work. Friday morning I'm on my way back on 412, headed for I-35, when I see a dog laying in the grassy median (412 is a divided highway.) Well obviously I couldn't just leave it there surrounded by cars going 70+ mph so I went back and coaxed him onto a dirt side road when there was no traffic. I get him in the back seat and I don't know what to do. He's a 1-2 yr old un-neutered dog that looks like a cross between a German shepherd and an Australian shepherd, or possibly a catahoula. There weren't really any nearby farms. I took him with me to my home in McPherson KS for the time being. He had no collar, so I took him to our vet to have him checked for microchips. No luck.

His nails look professionally groomed so I called every single vet and groomer in Enid, Enid animal control, and the Enid SCPA. None of the vets or groomers recognized his description, the animal control couldn't help because he was found outside city limits, and the SPCA said no one has called in and asked about a such a dog. The guy at the SPCA said I had basically done everything right and to wait and see if I get any calls about him, but it was his guess that despite his trimmed nails he was dumped because apparently that area is notorious for pet dumpings and sometimes the animals aren't neglected looking. There's a lost and found pet page for Enid so I put him on there. In the meantime he's hanging out here. If he's just lost and the owner calls I will gladly drive him back down to reunite them. If not I will have to find a home for him, the Enid SPCA is not only full but they usually don't take large dogs because they are hard to adopt out and I already live with 2 dogs, who are fortunately getting along great with "Shep."

I'm still kind of freaking out about whether or not he was just wandering and would have found his way back home... did I do the right thing? One of the groomers from Enid I spoke to on the phone is helping me out fortunately by getting the word out in Enid. All the vets, groomers, and Enid SPCA have my name and number if anyone calls.

If any Enid area goons are here, he was specifically found at 412 and Fairmont rd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
He's a very handsome dog.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

You saved a dog from getting killed on the road dude. You did good.

Lord have mercy though those ears go for miles.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Yeah, he's a batdog :3:

• Locked thread