Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

if I like good VNs will I like Steins:Gate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Cure, IMO.

The Cure is a pretty good band.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Butt Ghost posted:

Yes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I mean't the map.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
whats the game play like?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Fellis posted:

It's quite literally a novel, with a few independent choices in between which will change the ending. I wouldn't call it so much a "game" as much as it is "reading a very good book with interactive choices."

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Slur posted:

I wouldn't call it so much a "game" as much as it is "reading a very good book with interactive choices."

:wth:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Butt Ghost posted:

It's really good if you like VNs, yeah.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Fellis posted:

lol

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hm why would i play Steins;Gate when i could just read the new stephen king novel i got for christmas?? christ...

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hm why would i play Steins;Gate when i could just read the new stephen king novel i got for christmas?? christ...

I would suggest reading an old one

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"a very good book"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fine works of literature such as Catch-22, To Kill a Mockingbird, Steins;Gate, Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2, and Ulysses.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I would suggest reading an old one

Thanks for reminding me that I need to read Christine.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fine works of literature such as Catch-22, To Kill a Mockingbird, Steins;Gate, Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2, and Ulysses.

ulysses is poo poo gtfo scrub

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

Laughing emoticon .gif

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Agean90 posted:

ulysses is poo poo gtfo scrub

Ulysses is a great vn, every playthrough of that fateful day felt unique- not to mention the babes and ero scenes.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That;s not how loving semicolons work.

Yeah; what the gently caress is with the semicolons in these VNs

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

Yeah; what the gently caress is with the semicolons in these VNs

Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes are all a part of the same series. It's kind of one of those weird things which ties the series together.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
The best VNs are the phoenix wright games

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I don't like how it's pretty much impossible to get the true ending without a walkthrough

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Well to be fair on Steins;Gate, the shower thing happens because the protagonist thought she was going to be murdered. That's kind of the premise of the game, to prevent her death, failing and then use the new information you've obtained to push on a bit further in preventing it.

I mean it's still fanservice but at least it's not "oh protagonist-kun I'm all soapy and wet right now teehee" like most VNs are.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Slur posted:

Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate and Robotics;Notes are all a part of the same series. It's kind of one of those weird things which ties the series together.

So I;m guess not knowing how semicolons work is a consistent problem with this rear end in a top hat who made them.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So I;m guess not knowing how semicolons work is a consistent problem with this rear end in a top hat who made them.

Or it's a stylistic choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
nig;nog tryin to get a hand;beezy

• Locked thread