Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I have a border collie which is supposed to be the smartest dog. I want to get the stupidest animal for him to have as a buddy so he can have companionship but not feel threatened intellectually.

I was thinking it might be a cat but am not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Are human slaves considered pets? Not any specific race, but they're pretty dumb in general because they're uneducated.

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Are human slaves considered pets? Not any specific race, but they're pretty dumb in general because they're uneducated.

I would absolutely consider them to be a kind of pet, personally

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Demonachizer posted:

I was thinking it might be a cat but am not sure.

my cat is real dumb but he's also a stupid jerk and id hate to lump a whole species in w/ him

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 19, 2015

notsowelp
Oct 12, 2012

Though she is small, she is fierce.
the op of this thread

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

notsowelp posted:

the op of this thread

whoa

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

my cat is real dumb but he's also a stupid jerk and id hate to lump a whole species in w/ him

um excuse me that's not what I said

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
dalmations are the most retarded breed op please purchase one and cut its dick off

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

:ninja:

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I thought you called your cat a human being.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't want to probate any more people but that word is not okay in this, the hallowed ground of the pet people

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't want to probate any more people but that word is not okay in this, the hallowed ground of the pet people

Didn't see it in the ridiculously long rules thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Demonachizer posted:

Didn't see it in the ridiculously long rules thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

3. Hate speech and NWS images are not fine.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

i'm allowed to say it cause I got a gay cat

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay and have a gay cat

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Maybe your cats can date :3:

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I have the answer to the op

open container
Sep 16, 2008
probably some type of reptile or fish. Border collies are much larger than 4 inches long so be that rules out most of the species reptiles and fish because a good companion should be similar in size so they can wrestle together, maybe an iguana or komodo dragon?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bird person of indescriminate race and gender may I use the naughty f word since I am a filthy gay like mostly anyway (that's how bi works right)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'd rather you didn't! You're a creative girl, come up with a better name to call people.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Hamsters are pretty loving stupid, and take an absurd amount of work to keep relative to the little enjoyment owning one gives.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Grraarrgghh posted:

Hamsters are pretty loving stupid, and take an absurd amount of work to keep relative to the little enjoyment owning one gives.

I had hamsters as a kid and one of them ate the face off of the other. Apparently this is common.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

as a small child i had two gerbils and they hosed and made baby gerbils but then the male gerbil killed the babies and attacked the female gerbil, so we had to keep them in separate cages until they died in a couple years. then i got another gerbil named rascal who was actually pretty cool and a solo gerbil but after a year he got a tumor and died

thats how i learned about how the world works

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

TEAYCHES posted:

as a small child i had two gerbils and they hosed and made baby gerbils but then the male gerbil killed the babies and attacked the female gerbil, so we had to keep them in separate cages until they died in a couple years. then i got another gerbil named rascal who was actually pretty cool and a solo gerbil but after a year he got a tumor and died

thats how i learned about how the world works

This except with mice

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

I put some kibble in my open palm and held it directly over my cat's bowl, she spent five minutes trying to headbutt my hand out of the way. she's so dumb she can't even see the kibble in my hand.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Wheats posted:

I put some kibble in my open palm and held it directly over my cat's bowl, she spent five minutes trying to headbutt my hand out of the way. she's so dumb she can't even see the kibble in my hand.

haha that cements it. I am getting a cat. How much does it cost to declaw them? I don't want it loving up my dog's eyes.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Demonachizer posted:

haha that cements it. I am getting a cat. How much does it cost to declaw them? I don't want it loving up my dog's eyes.

A million rescue lady tears.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Demonachizer posted:

$16 if you go the 'grey market route'....

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

$10 if you don't

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Is your border collie really smart what smart things does it do

I really like the idea of a dog that could like drive a car if it had appropriate dog-ergonomic controls or smth would a border collie be a good fit for me

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Border collies are a good fit for everyone tbqh, they do such smart things as: file not found

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I've heard some breeds are superior to others.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

Demonachizer posted:

You should only declaw it if it's an outside cat.

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

I didn't bother declawing, my dog is way rude and deserves to be smacked imo.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i feel like any cold blooded animal is extremely retarded

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

male ferrets

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

goats

it will always be goats

Adbot