Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty sure the chargers had until next off-season to decide for sure whether they were going to LA lol. With the Raiders ending up going to Vegas there was no reason for them to rush this and end up in this dumb situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Volkerball posted:

Pretty sure the chargers had until next off-season to decide for sure whether they were going to LA lol. With the Raiders ending up going to Vegas there was no reason for them to rush this and end up in this dumb situation.

here's the main reason

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/SteveSisolak/status/867097334315761665

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is there a stadium in the NFL closer to the airport than this one will be?

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

kiimo posted:

Oakland..

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tank44 posted:

Oakland..

I said in the NFL

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

kiimo posted:

Levi's is pretty close. Around 5 miles from SJC.

Edit: Around 3, as the crow flies.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 23, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Coldforge posted:

Levi's is pretty close. Around 5 miles from SJC.

Edit: Around 3, as the crow flies.

That's loving hilarious considering how far it is from San Francisco.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice

kiimo posted:

Qualcomm was just over 5 miles (straight line). The Tampa Bay Bucs stadium is less than a mile.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

That's loving hilarious considering how far it is from San Francisco.

To be clear, it's nowhere near the San Francisco airport. It is so far from San Francisco that it's next to the airport for a completely different city.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

To be fair, the San Francisco airport is not in San Francisco either. It's like 4 towns down the peninsula.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Bay Area is just a monolithic expanse of business parks, tech campuses and identical strip malls anchored by Targets.

Levis could be 5 or 50 miles outside SF and it makes no difference because nothing matters its all the same endless hellscape of $3000 2Br/2Ba apartments

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

The Bay Area is just a monolithic expanse of business parks, tech campuses and identical strip malls anchored by Targets.

Levis could be 5 or 50 miles outside SF and it makes no difference because nothing matters its all the same endless hellscape of $3000 2Br/2Ba apartments

You really are becoming LA.

A more expensive LA

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

The only thing preventing SF from being LA is geography. Other than that... everything I liked about SF when I first moved here has been gentrified away. The only thing keeping me here is the wife's family.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife and I are moving out of the bay in July to actually be able to buy a house and I'm very excited :snoop:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

The only thing preventing SF from being LA is geography. Other than that... everything I liked about SF when I first moved here has been gentrified away. The only thing keeping me here is the wife's family.

Ehh. The BA has much better weather (by which I mean, it's not as oppressively hot during the summer, and we get more mild/cool days with some rain in the winter). But then, that's due to geography as well.

But yeah, it simply cannot sprawl the way LA sprawls.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
LA sprawl pretty much includes orange county all the way down to san clemente....the sprawl only stops because of camp pendleton.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
God bless Camp Pendleton

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Except it's still squirting it's way out here in the Inland Empire.

At least there's nothing to gentrify out here.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/870810047428919296/photo/1

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

They do that 8 Sundays a year.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts are 13 miles from the airport but because we have 20 lane highways and no people the travel time is 15 minutes. On the downside you can't actually find an airline that flys here.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Also how is Oakland going to come up with the money to emanate domain an NFL team? They couldn't even find half a billion for a stadium.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Also how is Oakland going to come up with the money to emanate domain an NFL team? They couldn't even find half a billion for a stadium.

what are you talking about?

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
You can't just use eminent domain to take random things you like that happen to be in your city. Even under Kelo, there are limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

rjmccall posted:

You can't just use eminent domain to take random things you like that happen to be in your city. Even under Kelo, there are limits.

that's precisely why the colts moved to indiana overnight without telling anyone at all, because the state was going to eminent domain them

• Locked thread