Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
I came home from work and my poor Zelda has a weird, swollen lump in her left cheek. She's a six year old husky mix.

It doesn't appear to be related or attached to any teeth/gums, and I can get my fingers under it in her mouth so it's really in the cheek (though she does always have bad breath). It's firm, and spherical. I can squeeze it etc and she doesn't act like it hurts. It's not bloody or oozing inside her cheek. She's breathing, eating, drinking and acting normally. It's winter and cold as gently caress out so I don't think it's an insect sting. I don't think she's eaten anything weird but who knows. I'm nearly 100% positive it wasn't there this morning or last night.

Most of the things I've read briefly online recommend benedryl for something like this. Anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to rush to a vet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Could be a totally benign bump or it could be death cancer and I'm literally not even kidding. Go to the vet.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
Yeah that could be pretty much anything on earth.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
However, unless she's in any kind of allergic or otherwise distress, it's probably not an E-Vet emergency. Make an appointment as soon as possible, preferably next morning. Keep us updated!

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Made it to the vet this evening. She prescribed benadryl, and some antibiotics. She thinks it's an abscess. The vet poked it with a needle and only some blood came out.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Abscesses are gross but better than death cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hopefully it's not a dental issue. Good luck!

• Locked thread