Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

The caged beast will also accept water.

If you go see it before you heal it(like i did) you have to give it water before you leave. It asks for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Also in the previous video

Water Elemental:

Easy.

1) drop empty water skin
2) Use bellows with air elemental on water elemental.

done.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Click here for Part 6

In the newest video we awaited time to ride the Caravan to Raiser

Make sure you talk to all the Katta as some have things to give you (Thief needs the Katta pin unless they are really strong or have the open spell)
Fight Rakeesh and win for PP and Honor points and the Fighters Guild.
Go see Aziza like told and find out information on your "Saurus"
Make sure to once again hear Omar speak

When you arrive in Raiser make sure to watch your water intake as you can only refill one more time in the game when you meet Ugarte

If you are a Thief give the sign to Ferrari and he will give you the quest to steal the blackbird. Fun fact: This does not count against the PP points for a Paladin. I didn't know it at the time, but you can do this quest and no harm comes from it. (Probably because its Khaveen)

The second day in Raiser you see Ugarte taken away, you can do nothing. You will eventually find a girl who asks for help. Give her your extra clothes and she will give you a mirror that will be needed to complete the game.

Another fact: The X-Ray glasses do not take away PP points, so if you want low quality nudity go ahead and put them on.

After you do this you will be captured. Show the Katta Pin to the katta in the jail and he will help you. Either pick the lock, force it or use open to escape. Grab your equipment and help the katta.

Before long Ad Avis will come and we become friends. Wonderful.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

The last thing before the final video.

When playing as a fighter with magic sometimes the game forgets you are a fighter, thus when you get to Khaveen, you can't fight him. You have to cast calm on him. This will affect your final score. Also you cannot get the PP for letting Khaveen pick up his sword. You MUST give the purse to Omar in this case...in mine in particular because Aziza got mad at me once, which lost me 3 PP.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Saxcat20 posted:

The last thing before the final video.

When playing as a fighter with magic sometimes the game forgets you are a fighter, thus when you get to Khaveen, you can't fight him. You have to cast calm on him. This will affect your final score. Also you cannot get the PP for letting Khaveen pick up his sword. You MUST give the purse to Omar in this case...in mine in particular because Aziza got mad at me once, which lost me 3 PP.

I thought the trouble wasn't that the game forgets you're a fighter for Khaveen but that it forgets you're a fighter for the Ad Avis confrontation.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

It does it for both in my case actually.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

The final part!

Alright we need to enter the forbidden city. To do so, use the mirror.

Once inside, use the fire elemental to light your way.

in the next part go to the top of the screen near the waterfall and type JUMP. As you get close to the bottom JUMP again at the little bit of land sticking out on the left of the screen. Once you get on that side of the screen force the rocks to seal the vacuum. (You can also use force bolt or even pick the rocks)

use water in the next part so you don't lose health too quickly. Hitting any of the fire will hurt you.

Once you pass that screen jump down and say Suleiman at the door.

The treasure in the next room is trapped so do not touch it.

after a series of events look at the shine on the floor and take the ring.

ask for whatever two things you want to increase then teleport out

Final Battle

Kill the guards and force the door (or cast dazzle and blind them...thieves...well...climb the wall and go to the Harem)

Here is where things can become an issue. Sometimes the game thinks you are a Wizard from this point forward...so if that happens cast calm to make Khaveen leave...if it doesn't happen fight Khaveen and tell him to pick up his sword for the final PP in the game.

Once you make it past him you face Ad Avis.

As Wizard cast reversal then cast fetch on a candle...then force bolt on the wall near the brazier and you win!

As a fighter escape from the beast and kick over a candle...then the brazier...then bum rush Ad Avis...then its over!

as a Thief throw dagger at candle...then duck to avoid flame darts...you will have to do it each time he uses one. Then throw a dagger at Ad Avis to knock him off balance...then one more to kill him.

Watch the ending! Stay Tuned for QFG III Shadows of darkness...wait...that didn't happen that way.

Stay tuned for QFGIII Wages of War...sigh...

Saxcat20 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 6, 2015

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Saxcat20 posted:

Stay tuned for QFGIII Wages of War...sigh...
QFGIII Wages of War, while not as good as QFGIV Shadows of Darkness, is still pretty good. Better than QFGV A Very Special Episode of QFG.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I'm okay that they delayed Shadows of Darkness because it's just really freaking amazing. Seems like the delay allowed them to put more effort into the game.

Zain fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 6, 2015

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

ulmont posted:

QFGIII Wages of War, while not as good as QFGIV Shadows of Darkness, is still pretty good. Better than QFGV A Very Special Episode of QFG.

If you ignore the janky-as-hell 3D, the core game is still a very good QFG. But it's really, really hard to ignore that. But I'm sure we'll cover all those foibles when we get to it in 2 games.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

OAquinas posted:

If you ignore the janky-as-hell 3D, the core game is still a very good QFG. But it's really, really hard to ignore that. But I'm sure we'll cover all those foibles when we get to it in 2 games.

The writing is also a step below the rest of the series.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

The writing is also a step below the rest of the series.

I think it's on par with the first one. I rank them as great (4/2), good (1/3), and then five (5).

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

I think III is the weakest. If your like playing the Thief it is awful. However the story of trying to stop a war is pretty cool...Quest for Glory IV is my favorite, I love the atmosphere.

My order is and will always be: IV, II, I, V, III

However, none of the games are bad in this series so its not like being last is a bad thing.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Best part of 3 is the buzzfeed personality test. And rock machine gunning people to death. And the aesthetic. It's pretty solid.

Also, make sure to play qfg4.5:so you thought you were a hero. That way you can finally bang the centaur.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Shbobdb posted:

Best part of 3 is the buzzfeed personality test. And rock machine gunning people to death. And the aesthetic. It's pretty solid.

Also, make sure to play qfg4.5:so you thought you were a hero. That way you can finally bang the centaur.

I have heard of that game being really really insulting lol

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

The thing I like about the personality test is that it's not trying to analyze the player, it's just testing whether you're being properly in-character.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

The thing I like about the personality test is that it's not trying to analyze the player, it's just testing whether you're being properly in-character.

Yeah because if you aren't in character you will not get points.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Saxcat20 posted:

My order is and will always be: IV, II, I, V, III

IV, II, V, I, III for me personally.

Dammit. This LP is making me want to load up the series again.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

mauman posted:

Nothing wrong with that! Go upload em!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

mauman posted:

II, IV, V, I, III here, but III in this case is the "least good" Quest For Glory, not "the worst."

II's only above IV because IV has a couple... issues related to crashing during important events, and III's only below I because playing a thief in Quest For Glory III is totally not worth it. (Thankfully IV makes up for it. V, though... ugh. I still loving hate trap disarming in QFG V.)

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to play through the entire series. At all.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Snorb posted:

II, IV, V, I, III here, but III in this case is the "least good" Quest For Glory, not "the worst."

II's only above IV because IV has a couple... issues related to crashing during important events, and III's only below I because playing a thief in Quest For Glory III is totally not worth it. (Thankfully IV makes up for it. V, though... ugh. I still loving hate trap disarming in QFG V.)

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to play through the entire series. At all.

The traps were indeed UGH in QFG V, but I loved the music during that part!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
The traps are fine if you bring a paper and pencil. Stick figures are the way to go.

Also the trap music is pretty good.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah, but I still prefer IV's "match the colors" minigame.

Catchy music on the trap disarm minigame in V, though. Hell, QFG5 had a great soundtrack.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Snorb posted:

Catchy music on the trap disarm minigame in V, though. Hell, QFG5 had a great soundtrack.

4's minigame doesn't involve any skill, though. There's no time limit or anything, it's just "pick a color and click all the squares of that color." Boom, done, you win.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

mauman posted:

The traps are fine if you bring a paper and pencil. Stick figures are the way to go.

Also the trap music is pretty good.

That is exactly how to make it easy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Snorb posted:

QFG V is one of the weakest games in the series, but I'm still so glad it actually got made. And being the weakest in a series of five fantastic games is no shame, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Thank you everyone for supporting this LP. It has been a few weeks since the end so I will close the discussion. Thanks for watching. I still have the ongoing QFG III LP.

• Locked thread