Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

12 years old, several of those years sitting unused and unloved in a drawer. It still charges up, lasts over an hour and plays mp3 files like a badass after I got a new 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack adapter :downs:
It even has TomTom navigator that still works, with only slightly outdated maps!

I'm going to bring this guy with me on the train commute tomorrow, proudly playing solitaire and jawbreaker on the original iDevice (unless someone brings an iMac)

Anyone know where to get more PocketPC software nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
gently caress u op

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Olivil posted:

gently caress u op

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

error1 posted:

12 years old, several of those years sitting unused and unloved in a drawer. It still charges up, lasts over an hour and plays mp3 files like a badass after I got a new 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack adapter :downs:
It even has TomTom navigator that still works, with only slightly outdated maps!

I'm going to bring this guy with me on the train commute tomorrow, proudly playing solitaire and jawbreaker on the original iDevice (unless someone brings an iMac)

nice compy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i had a dell axim and i would compress episodes of family guy down to 20-30 MB WMVs so I could fit a couple on my 64 MB SD card that probably cost $40

and i played worms, worms was fun

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
i have ptsd from the ipaq

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

error1 posted:

hmm, I just ewasted a perfectly good pocketpc fold out keyboard because I said no one could be stupid enough to run windows ce. Otherwise you could have had it.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

My other ipaq is a rx4540 that is pretty messed up, it only works with the power cable connected and seems to think it's a vibrator more than a pda

But it has an ancient version of familiar linux and OPIE on it, maybe i could get a pcmcia ethernet card for it and run a server of some sorts

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I had an ipaq. I tried to install a weird linux thing on it, and just as it was booting it for the first time the magic smoke came out. I got a sharp zaurus shortly after

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

the magic smoke came out.

I had much better and more useful results then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz11psFS2Hc

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

I had an ipaq. I tried to install a weird linux thing on it, and just as it was booting it for the first time the magic smoke came out. I got a sharp zaurus shortly after

i still have my zaurus somewhere, and besides having to janitor custom linux roms, it was better and easier to use than any cell phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

error1 posted:

I had much better and more useful results then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz11psFS2Hc

lol

• Locked thread