Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDac9gpX598

This Is loving Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

china cat sunflower is excellent and fun

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Rock Band was fun when it came out, but I'm not sure if I can handle it again.

If you bought Rock Band on release, you got some pretty terrible drums. My green drum would randomly "hit" itself which kinda blew because that's what selected songs. And calling EA was awful because their lines were flooded, and after getting through a phone tree, you'd get put on hold, then be told "due to high demand, we cannot process your call, goodbye" and it was the worst.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fargield posted:

PSY - Gangnam Style

hah. topical

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Dec 26, 2012

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Cliffs of Dover, Cult of Personality, F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. and Impulse... basically anything that had extended periods of hitting notes without strumming.

I sorta wish I had that Beatles Rock Band one, it looks cool.

Kid needs to listen to Zwan already and get over himself.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it bums me out that for Silversun Pickups they put in Lazy Eye (good song but not fun to play at all) and not Substitution

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

feel the pain was fun and I hope there's more Dino jr in 4.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nerd sex. Winning.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Love Spreads was really good on guitar

Piece of My Heart isn't a super complicated song on drums but it's really fun with lots of good fills

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cliffs of Dover was fun as hell, I had GH3 and that's like the only song I can remember playing.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

Cliffs of Dover was fun as hell, I had GH3 and that's like the only song I can remember playing.

LOOK IN MY EEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEES
WHAT DO YOU SEEEEEEEEE

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Great Joe posted:

LOOK IN MY EEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEES
WHAT DO YOU SEEEEEEEEE

cm punk is never coming back

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zen death robot posted:

I never could do Everlong on exper drums, holy,poo poo

The Boston tracks were fun too

everlong took hours of practice to get done on expert for me. i just couldnt keep my tempo perfect on those sixteenth notes for that amount of time. it was maddening

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Knights of Cydonia!

thats the song I like the play the most in rocksmith too

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

MUSE is the one metal band teen girls can like without admitting they like metal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Muse isn't metal.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Muse isn't metal.

Great Joe posted:

MUSE is the one metal band teen girls can like without admitting they like metal.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah pretty much Cliffs of Dover was the most fun song in either of those franchises.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Great Joe posted:

teen girl was my nickname in school

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heh yeah! *quickly deletes black holes and revelations from ipod*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Muse is slightly less nerdy prog than Rush you morons
Muse and Rush once teamed up to stuff Coheed and Cambria in a locker.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Muse is epic

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

woofbro posted:

I sorta wish I had that Beatles Rock Band one, it looks cool.

Hey Bulldog on expert bass was like 99% hammer ons and my vote for most fun song to play.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 17, 2015

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

VideoGames posted:

Knights of Cydonia!

thats the song I like the play the most in rocksmith too

rocksmith is also great because it shows you what happens if you actually arranged the synth parts for the guitar like GH does (skip to 0:48)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqszW7X29bM

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 18, 2015

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

guess which song you can also get in RS??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5zgOD92yOw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vlad the Retailer posted:

rocksmith is also great because it shows you what happens if you actually arranged the synth parts for the guitar like GH does (skip to 0:48)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqszW7X29bM

Surprise GH used a lot of synth parts as 'guitar' so you'd be playing the coolest part. The best one was the synth intro to Through the Fire and the flames. The guitarist put up a video showing you could play it on guitar anyways lmao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
my favourite thing about rocksmith compared to the little time I spent with guitar hero is that it really makes me appreciate the way a good guitarist makes everything appear easy and flawless.

seeing so many notes and chords all next to each other with the little wiggly bits and the slides and whatnot knowing how they sound, then there's me trying to play just two separate notes and looking like a virgin fumbling with their first bra strap

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

muse has superaids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zen death robot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ-UgPYnPiA

This new song someone bootlegged sounds like it would be fun

I can sense the hammer on notes