Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I have been gaming for years. Before or during a couple hours of gaming I do some of these and shake my hands:

A friend with RSI (repetitive stress injury) from typing recommended one like this and others I can't easily describe:

It's worked out pretty well for me. Never any pain. I've noticed over the years that certain controllers give me a little stiffness, but nothing bad or lasting. I'd be curious what controllers or keyboards are the worst.

There are a shitload of pictures and videos about stretches you can do, but I've never heard from anyone who really knows what they're talking about. What do you recommend, Games subforum? I don't want to have to use the Avenger some day, even if it lets you easily use the right analog stick and press the face buttons at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I'm not really into sports.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I think you play too many videogames.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I should really start doing this. I don't think my wrist braces are making much difference.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I kind of expected more responses, especially out of the 100+ hour/week MOBA players. You guys gotta know the secrets to eSports mouse and keyboard technique.

Back To 99 posted:

I'm not really into sports.
No no, you see I'm talking about physical effects of pressing a lot of buttons, here in the video games subforum. It turns out pressing a lot of buttons with some regularity isn't what hands were made for. The thread tag is disingenuous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i get enough wrist exercise from excessive masturbation so holding a controller isn't a big deal

• Locked thread