Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piso Mojado

sympathy or cures only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

I have a fever of 101.9. this is bad. if I don't make it.....it's been a lot of fun byob. I love you all. :sadwave:

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

if you start to have difficulty breathing, give up on home cures and go to the hospital

also don't do like me and OD on mucinex

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
:rip:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stormyish

you've got 3 hours to live
post some sweet posts before you die

Piso Mojado

[quote="meteloides" post="442242009"]
if you start to have difficulty breathing, give up on home cures and go to the hospital

also don't do like me and OD on mucinex

Oh meteloides, I'll especially miss snap chats of your cat when I pass. those were such treats...

Stik3

From President of the colonies to this.

Stormyish posted:

you've got 3 hours to live
post some sweet posts before you die

by sweet posts i hope you mean sweet potato posts

Piso Mojado

the fever has taken hold. I can no longer tell what I'm typing

Stormyish

wow atcg is really dying

panascope

too good for this gay earth

----------------

Looke

influenza

Looke

I had it last month and thought I was going to die

Piso Mojado

xylo? xylo is that you? *hack* I'm so happy I could see you one last time. *cough* *cough*

Al Borland

by XyloJW
water ATCG drink all you can then wrap yourself up in like 30 covers and go to bed.

----------------

Piso Mojado

Al Borland posted:

water ATCG drink all you can then wrap yourself up in like 30 covers and go to bed.

im doing precisely this, but can't stop coughing and fall asleep!

now up to 102.0 gently caress, this is it.

i am he

ATCG posted:

please dont die

Stik3

From President of the colonies to this.

ATCG posted:

only one more to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c1m2BAg2Sc

Piso Mojado

i am he posted:

please dont die

your kind words are giving me strength I think. holding strong at 102. :pray:

City of Glompton

watch some bad reality tv, that is my being sick comfort and perhaps it will comfort you as well

Flat Daddy

by Nyc_Tattoo
you have to pee

----------------

FluffieDuckie

i brought you some flowers

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Al Borland

by XyloJW

ATCG posted:

eat some raw garlic to help your throat and clear your nasal passages.

----------------

Looke

I have a homebrew enema if you want to feel better

Piso Mojado

death flu update: made it through the night and down to a 99.9 right now. girlf brought over jug of gatorade (yellow of course), sour patch kids, nyquil, and other remedies. gonna try eating garlic bc I got to get this cough under control. any other ideas?

E3 Keynote

eyyyyyyyyyy
soup

Negi Springfield

ATCG posted:

sympathy or cures only.

Good luck!

alnilam

ATCG posted:

death flu update: made it through the night and down to a 99.9 right now. girlf brought over jug of gatorade (yellow of course), sour patch kids, nyquil, and other remedies. gonna try eating garlic bc I got to get this cough under control. any other ideas?

raw garlic will be good for your sinuses and it's also antimicrobial/antiviral with a very modest amount clinical research supporting it (though it's certainly not going to cure the flu, it's more of a preventative (for when you feel it coming on) than a cure, but it might accelerate healing idk)
chase the raw garlic with some citrus juice to help neutralize the burning feeling you might get in your tumtum afterwards

for coughs:
i'm a fan of herbal teas like licorice (go easy on it, it can raise your blood pressure!), marshmallow root, cherry bark, peppermint... for a good combo of several throat/cough teas, i recommend the commercial tea called "throat coat" they probably sell it at a local food coöp or whole fod or w/e... add some honey into your teas, also
-suck on highly mentholated cough drops
-avoid exposure to the cold air outside or any smoky things
-gargle hot saltwater
-boil some water and then put a towel over your head over the pot and breathe in the steam, it will soothe your bronchial tubes and also loosen up the mucus in there which might make it cough up easierly

drink a lot of water, this is good for multiple reasons but one of them is it loosens your mucus which helps it come out of places it may be stuck, incl your bronchial tubes

maybe try to bend over when you cough it can help expel the mucus

ty manifisto

alnilam

most of all please tell us if they hvae byob in heaven :sadwave:

ty manifisto

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
if its early hussle down to the walk in or family doctor and get some tamiflu. don't die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland

by XyloJW
If the cough is mucus filled be sure to spit every bit out into tissues and a handy bucket.

----------------

• Locked thread