Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

sector_corrector posted:

i was going to get guilds recently, but now i'm going to wait for this. thanks for reading my post.

Get both. Guilds has some baller-rear end coin tokens.

I'm excited for the new expansion. I'm one of those assholes who owns every expansion and put them all in a big Hobby Lobby case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
link the carrier you use. i'm nearly out of space in my two card boxes and i want something more portable and less bulky

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Bicyclops posted:

Magic: the Gathering.

Piss off, troll.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

link the carrier you use. i'm nearly out of space in my two card boxes and i want something more portable and less bulky
i keep everything in their original boxes...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

homeless snail posted:

i keep everything in their original boxes...

i travel with mine too much to do that ;_;

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anime avatar retard honeypot

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Dominion is actually loving awesome and legitimately the best card game around. It is nothing like Magic. It's a shame they hosed up the online version making you have to pay for any more than the base set. My friends and I used to have a blast playing it.

It'd probably be a pain in the rear end to play in real life though I bet.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Mar 5, 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

To be clear, i am aware that the game is nothing like magic and was merely calling back to the beginning of the thread.

dominion involves more players and is very easy to learn.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

sector_corrector posted:

Here's the case. There might still be a 40% off one item coupon lying around if you get it in-store.

I split mine up with four dividers for five columns, with all the regular kingdom cards fitting in three of them (though I'll probably need four once I get Adventures) with the other two holding three sets of base cards (from Base, Intrigue, and the standalone set), randomizer cards, and the various tokens. I also lined it with felt to make it look fancy. Then just find whatever dividers you want to use from BGG and print them on cardstock, sleeve the dividers so they stay intact better, and you're set.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

sector_corrector posted:

it's 30 cards, so i'm excited.

actually, more than that. each event card counts as a separate purchaseable card that can show up in a kingdom. adventures is effectively 50 new cards.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Broken Loose posted:

actually, more than that. each event card counts as a separate purchaseable card that can show up in a kingdom. adventures is effectively 50 new cards.

god bless you donald, you've done it again

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
are they doing a pre-release yet? they did that for the lead-up to dark ages and it was fun to follow along.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, according to the DS forums the previews start on the 30th.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wait like the map game?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

sector_corrector posted:

god bless you donald, you've done it again

it's crazier than you think. the way events work is that you can purchase an event during your buy phase and it has an immediate effect but does not go into your deck. poo poo is insane.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Broken Loose posted:

it's crazier than you think. the way events work is that you can purchase an event during your buy phase and it has an immediate effect but does not go into your deck. poo poo is insane.

that's an awesome idea. are they global effects, or local?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

sector_corrector posted:

that's an awesome idea. are they global effects, or local?

last i heard, they were local but in balance talks because you do could wacko poo poo, some of them let you place tokens onto piles that modified the effects of the cards (example: +1 action when you play this card. just imagine that effect on something like witch, wharf, torturer, monument, or goons). i haven't really dug for information in a while so this might be massively out of date.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Broken Loose posted:

last i heard, they were local but in balance talks because you do could wacko poo poo, some of them let you place tokens onto piles that modified the effects of the cards (example: +1 action when you play this card. just imagine that effect on something like witch, wharf, torturer, monument, or goons). i haven't really dug for information in a while so this might be massively out of date.

that's awesome. i hope there's some cool treasure...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

will this expansion finally introduce plansewalkers to dominion?

• Locked thread