Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
petacular fighting gameplay? I remember liking it way more than the first or third one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

boo bienis

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Victoly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
The 1st one was actually quite revolutionary when it came out; it simply had its thunder stolen by Mortal Kombat.

Plus the sequel came out a year later and was better in every way, so it was forgotten quite quickly.

SS3 was garbage because in typical SNK fashion, every time they do a major graphical overhaul for one of their series they don't have time to make sure the gameplay isn't a steaming pile of poo poo.

Which is why Metal Slug has always remained great since they never tried to change the graphics.....
except when they made Metal Slug 3-D which was horse dookie.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I remember ss2 having more damage for the stronger moves so the risk-reward was more pronounced, but I might be completely off here since it was a long time ago and I didn't really played that much. I just recall really liking ss2's gameplay over the others. I played all of them years later on emulators.

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
iits so loving good

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Samurai Showdown 3 has less dudes to play as than 2, that is CRAZY

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
I personally like Last Blade 2 better but hey SS2 is good fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe