Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he likes to talk to me about it on the phone sometimes. his favorite distro is mint. he does not care for ubuntu.

does your dad use a computer? tell me about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
my dad is in jail

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

kill your dad op

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

nah he ain't deaf

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
My parents use linux too. About 8 years ago they got a virus a day after I fixed the last one. I was all like "Have you ever heard of linux".

I also convinced them to convert their life savings and retirement accounts to bitcoin, and to get windows phones.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
your dad is loving cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
My dad uses red hat linux

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
my dad uses os x, op, but my stepmom still uses an ibook g3 running mac os 9

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

youre mom uses linux

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I feel like we are not that far away from "being super into linux" being a real dad age group thing. Like how talking about lord of the rings was getting to be a real old man nerd thing instead of a hot new nerd thing until the movies came out.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my dad is stoked with his all in one pc he got but its a turd of a pc, its so fuckin slow dat drat is it bad

he doesnt care he doesnt know better. if plays the episodes of castle i down load for him and youtube.

he rings me up to tell me that something has changed, like chrome now has a different home screen

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my dad uses microsoft windows, op

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

carry on then posted:

my dad uses microsoft windows, op

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
a long time ago like 3 or so years my dad called me with my stepmom all bent because their pirated windows computer she used was saying it wasnt genuine and asking how to fix it and i told them to buy mac minis to replace their windows shitboxes. well, they did and were very happy overall, and to this day ive had no nagging about poo poo being broken ever since. hope you liked my story, op it is 100% a true story no joke

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

my dad uses windows xp on a computer he bought from gateway in 2002

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
don't wanna meet that dad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my dad prefers to use the terminal

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my dad uses irc. and sometimes im worried that he posts here

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
who knows you could have been flamed by you own dad and never have knwon it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

he uses it on an all in one dell they got from costco, it's actually a p dece machine

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my dad uses OS X snow leopard the more advanced operating system than windows and all Linuxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Smythe posted:

my dad uses irc. and sometimes im worried that he posts here

its me

• Locked thread