Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

BERGfu posted:

what the gently caress is this?

If that's a mount then it's probably the best mount for a video game I've seen yet. It's like a hovercar from the 90s batman animated series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It is a mount. There are not-rhinos and not-chocobos to go alongside the hover tractor and hovercycles.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://sf.mail.ru/collection_page

The chocobo comes with the collectors edition too.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

All Hail Space Tractor.

Nice lawnmower you got there Drink.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stanley Pain posted:

Nice lawnmower you got there Drink.

SPACE lawnmower thankyouverymuch

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
How many hectares to the gallon of kerosene does she get?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

How many hectares to the gallon of kerosene does she get?

About an hour of fuel when you get the thing in the open world map. I think if you get 10 hours of fuel they said you get it permanently.

Here is all the mounts in the CB4

Also which picture of the LightBringer's Kamahameha do you like?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Where is my space elephant?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

About an hour of fuel when you get the thing in the open world map. I think if you get 10 hours of fuel they said you get it permanently.

Yes, if you get 10 copies of a temporary mount, you can combine them into a permanent version.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drinkfist posted:

Here is all the mounts in the CB4

I'll take, Things That Trim The Bush for a $1000 Alex.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

I'll take, Things That Trim The Bush for a $1000 Alex.

:pervert:

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Any other codes floating around that you dicks feel like passing out? Going to waste my time on this piece of trash.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

CBT4 ended, so nope, nobody has a code to share.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I have a code to share

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
I was happy to see (during the maybe 1 hour I played during CBT4), that the horrible issue I had where my actions would stall while still playing the animation is gone.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Schubalts posted:

CBT4 ended, so nope, nobody has a code to share.

Huh. Looks like I'm the dick. Guess I'll wait for OBT to give it a shot. Can/Should you buy a pack after OBT starts if the game is decent?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

This game looks really really fun! Are the Gunners as fun to play as they look? I sort of want to get my hopes up for an mmo to play but nothing has been able to grab my attention very much. I haven't played a sci-fi mmo since Cabal, or maybe Firefall and this one actually looks fun to play rather than just filling a gap.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

This game looks really really fun! Are the Gunners as fun to play as they look? I sort of want to get my hopes up for an mmo to play but nothing has been able to grab my attention very much. I haven't played a sci-fi mmo since Cabal, or maybe Firefall and this one actually looks fun to play rather than just filling a gap.

It's not really a traditional MMO. Most of the action is instanced mission type stuff, like say Vindictus. The character/gear progression stuff is there, but it's not like you're running into random people while crossing the Karanas or anything.

I thought it was pretty fun and am looking forward to open beta.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The only real problem I had with this game was the amount of time it took to unlock other classes because I didn't actually want to play a single one of the classes they let you choose from. It sounds like they may have at least sort of fixed that, but I dunno if they really did or not.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

They launched the SF Portal today so they are teetering on OBT prep zone. The portal is some attempt at making a super resource heavy social gaming platform or some poo poo. They do have a functioning talent calculator for the classes though but other than that I think the whole thing is worthless until the game goes back online.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/calculator

Jesus christ this website is loving heavy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The only real problem I had with this game was the amount of time it took to unlock other classes because I didn't actually want to play a single one of the classes they let you choose from. It sounds like they may have at least sort of fixed that, but I dunno if they really did or not.

Get the collectors pack if they announce it. It should give you Knight and Alch as additional starters.

Edit: This new Portal page is all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELYVpikRNEE

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 2, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Have they confirmed there won't be a character wipe between OBT and release? Is OBT basically a glorified headstart week or something?

Did you figure out the guild system enough that we can have a goon framework going quickly?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

WarLocke posted:

Have they confirmed there won't be a character wipe between OBT and release? Is OBT basically a glorified headstart week or something?

Did you figure out the guild system enough that we can have a goon framework going quickly?

The first 12 people into the guild need to be poopsockers or at least required to have a diagnosed anti social disorder.

The reason for this is that you need to get 2000 Prestige to unlock your order for you individual character. This becomes guild related as you have to dispatch your followers to assist in guild building construction. Each building upgraded has a cumulative upkeep in cost. So to get the guild player cap going I need some spergs to hit 2000 quickly and dispatch their followers to get the ball rolling. A good deal of content of the game is dependent on being in a guild so you really can't ignore this one if you are down with playing. As soon as I get a shipment of adderal in and they announce the OBT date Ill have a new Thread up with good information and plenty of swear words in my writing.

Literally the system is bum rushing progression with our most unclean.

OBT from what we know is the soft launch of the game and will not wipe upon the "official" launch. Founders pack holders will get early access to the OBT.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

Literally the system is bum rushing progression with our most unclean.

Okay, so I'll be playing but I probably shouldn't be one of the 12 disciples (:haw:) since I'm not that hardcore of a poopsocker.

But I am down with joining a goon guild down the line however that ends up.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
So I grabbed the Russian client and gave it a quick run and it actually seems pretty fun despite not being able to understand any Russian. Is there any way to get the left click to just auto-attack though so I can just hold that damned button or is this a true spam-festival?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Early Access to open beta starts on July 9, and then it's open to everyone who didn't buy a founder's pack on the 16th.

https://na.portal.sf.my.com/comments/5595383c3798761151b956e5/FirstUnvisited?page=1

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

They launched the SF Portal today so they are teetering on OBT prep zone. The portal is some attempt at making a super resource heavy social gaming platform or some poo poo. They do have a functioning talent calculator for the classes though but other than that I think the whole thing is worthless until the game goes back online.

This is how the Russian version works, as well. The homepage is connected to the in-game systems. This page is what the Russian (and now NA/EU) version opens when you open the "Aelinet" in-game.

You can see in-game chat using it, you can send your disciples out using it, you can join guilds using it, you can view character inventories/stats, check what the current instance rewards are, etc.

blueberrysmith posted:

So I grabbed the Russian client and gave it a quick run and it actually seems pretty fun despite not being able to understand any Russian. Is there any way to get the left click to just auto-attack though so I can just hold that damned button or is this a true spam-festival?

You have to manually click for each attack, because each class treats their normal attacks differently. Classes can have right-click attacks that change depending on which attack in your left-click attack chain you right-click at, and other classes have chargeable left-click attacks that change how they function.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Schubalts posted:

You have to manually click for each attack, because each class treats their normal attacks differently. Classes can have right-click attacks that change depending on which attack in your left-click attack chain you right-click at, and other classes have chargeable left-click attacks that change how they function.

With this combat system and the instancing, Skyforge is sounding like a Russian version of Phantasy Star Online 2.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Alchemist mouse button attacks fire continually as you hold down the button. Their whole gimmick is adding stacks with attacks and then detonating it with the other button. Left button adds single target stacks, detonated by hiring the right button. Right adds aoe stacks, detonated by hitting the left.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
Is there any reason to buy a founders pack at this point? I see the list of benefits but since all the closed betas are complete it seems like it might not be worth it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Grittykitty posted:

Is there any reason to buy a founders pack at this point? I see the list of benefits but since all the closed betas are complete it seems like it might not be worth it.

You'll start with access to more classes (Alchemist and Knight?) and I think there were some mounts or something involved? Also probably get some premium time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

WarLocke posted:

You'll start with access to more classes (Alchemist and Knight?) and I think there were some mounts or something involved? Also probably get some premium time.

The founders packs unlock Berzerker (second, and most expensive packs) and Gunner (most expensive pack). You only get the mount if you buy the most expensive pack. It is not worth it at all. The Russian version has a pack that unlocks Knight and Alchemist, and both classes were unlocked for our CBT4.

The extra classes let you start the game as something other than Paladin, Cryomancer, or Lightbinder. You can not, however start the Upper Atlas from a class you unlocked with real money, unless that changes for the NA/EU version. You can unlock the Upper Atlas from bought classes, but you can not start putting points into nodes around those bought classes, you have to start by putting points into the nodes by the three starter classes. Buying classes simply lets you skip the grinding that unlocking them would normally take.

Cheap Trick posted:

With this combat system and the instancing, Skyforge is sounding like a Russian version of Phantasy Star Online 2.

It's kinda sorta similar. It's got the hub city's districts that everyone runs around in, and large un-instanced questing regions, in addition to the instances.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jul 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

New Thread is up with mostly everything I learned playing my rear end off.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729277

• Locked thread