Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Patriot Way is going to local restaurants and holding the door open for strangers even though you aren't going to eat there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I'm a Patriots fan and this article made me retch.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Patriot Way is being the one kid in class on a Friday reminding the teacher to assign homework right before school lets out.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The patriot way means asking to see the manager to praise your grocery bagger

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The patriot way means calling people "son" even when they're older than you

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

sean10mm posted:

Go on, hire a head coach fired by the Browns and see what it gets you.

I hate when people say this. Belichick was a good coach on the Browns and had the team literally ripped from under him halfway through a season with the knowledge of the move. He wasn't your average joe Pat Shurmur who goes a few years with terrible results then dumped, he was in a unique position where he was actually kind of building something when the owner hosed over everyone.

But yeah, being lucky as poo poo and thinking it's all skill is totally the Patriot Way

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The patriot way is a good shibboleth to tell if the person you're taking to knows fuckall about anything.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Febreeze posted:

I hate when people say this. Belichick was a good coach on the Browns and had the team literally ripped from under him halfway through a season with the knowledge of the move. He wasn't your average joe Pat Shurmur who goes a few years with terrible results then dumped, he was in a unique position where he was actually kind of building something when the owner hosed over everyone.

But yeah, being lucky as poo poo and thinking it's all skill is totally the Patriot Way

Nah, I agree that Belichick was actually a good coach in Cleveland. But it's just funny that a guy that was widely hated and (unfairly) tagged as a loser coach by the sports media and millions of Browns fans went to the Patriots and became God-Emperor of Football.

Even people who could see past Belichick's public image problems wouldn't have seen that coming in a million years.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GNU Order posted:

The patriot way means calling people "son" even when they're older than you

i love how much fun you are having with this

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Sash! posted:

The Patriot Way is apparently relying on your opponent to make the worst decision in the history of playcalling?

The Patriot Way is never interrupting your enemy when he is making a mistake.

The Patriot Way is also invading Russia in winter, sadly.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The patriot way is politely turning down an introductory rate on your cable bill

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The patriot way is always being able to pay in exact change

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Serisothikos posted:

The Patriot Way is never interrupting your enemy when he is making a mistake.

The Patriot Way is also invading Russia in winter, sadly.

Was Tsar Alexander really derpy-looking?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The patriot way is intently browsing the neckties and wallets while your wife is underwear shopping to avoid looking in that direction at all costs

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Patriot Way is taking a hard line with your 4 year old nephew during Monopoly when he asks for a loan from the bank to stay in a game. (While pocketing a hundred dollars every turn.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Patriot Way is showing respect to GNU Order's posts by nodding at them and maybe offering a handshake.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The patriot way means making your son's date sit in the front seat as you drive them to and from the prom

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The Patriot Way means tithing more than 10% and not claiming it on your taxes.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Patriot Way means putting this thread out of its misery.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Patriot Way means eating only the vanilla from the carton of Neapolitan ice cream, leaving the chocolate and strawberry for others.

Trenchcoat
Oct 15, 2012
The Patriot Way means putting the lid down before you flush.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
It's me, guys. I've been the Patriots Way the entire time.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Patriot Way means never having to say you're sorry because you're incapable of feeling empathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Patriot Way means always leave them wanting you

• Locked thread