Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
also can I hide the emptyquote button I just like to hit quote then post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
are you on drugs

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

its this thing

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sa-needful/bipfbhacdgoojjfblifgjadhabepbekm/related?hl=en-US

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
if you activate turbo mode it updates the thread you are looking at every...few seconds, i got ran out of the cjs thread before i finished it

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Valeyard posted:

if you activate turbo mode it updates the thread you are looking at every...few seconds, i got ran out of the cjs thread before i finished it

oh okay cool, is it active when its color is separate from my theme? I'm sort of baffled by it because i'm a baby

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Segmentation Fault posted:

oh okay cool, is it active when its color is separate from my theme? I'm sort of baffled by it because i'm a baby

yeah thats the idea, and i wouldnt say you are baffled - its my fault for not really making it obvious at all

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Valeyard posted:

yeah thats the idea, and i wouldnt say you are baffled - its my fault for not really making it obvious at all

Actually, it's my fault.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Valeyard posted:

Ah alright. I use amberpos so when I click it once it doesn't change. Maybe make it glow or something? Idk

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Valeyard posted:

Maybe two years ago I wanted to make "Yospos Instant". It would have its own server refreshing the Yospos thread list. Clients would websocket in via a greasemonkey/addon and the thread list would update the unseen posts 5 seconds after the post was made. Viewing an actual thread would load in the missing posts as they appear (until they hit the 40ppp limit, at which time it would just give a button to view the next page). Would be beastly for gameday threads. Project idea??

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Maybe two years ago I wanted to make "Yospos Instant". It would have its own server refreshing the Yospos thread list. Clients would websocket in via a greasemonkey/addon and the thread list would update the unseen posts 5 seconds after the post was made. Viewing an actual thread would load in the missing posts as they appear (until they hit the 40ppp limit, at which time it would just give a button to view the next page). Would be beastly for gameday threads. Project idea??

i shall start the wiki

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

sa needful for a good browser that doesnt send your history and passwords to google and sold to chinese hackers when??

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

yessss

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

something something gamergate

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
whenever i hit the TURBO button in my car everything starts going all color streaks and i'm fuckin dodging tie fighters and poo poo and then suddenly i wake up in jail somehow

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

v cool bob :)

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

whenever i hit the TURBO button in my car everything starts going all color streaks and i'm fuckin dodging tie fighters and poo poo and then suddenly i wake up in jail somehow

this is you posting irl

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol at willfully making your computer part of valeyards wrestling botnet

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Widdiful posted:

sa needful for a good browser that doesnt send your history and passwords to google and sold to chinese hackers when??

I thought chrome extensions worked as greasemonkey scripts?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Widdiful posted:

it actually works on safari now, but thats not a good browser.!!!

Segmentation Fault posted:

I thought chrome extensions worked as greasemonkey scripts?

it uses chrome specific api to get/store/display the user settings so it wont work as a greasemonkey script

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pram posted:

lol at willfully making your computer part of valeyards wrestling botnet

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
its not a botnet (yet), but one day i will fix it. it improves my browsing of the forums which was the goal

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

why didnt u say it conceals ur posts??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
can u make an extension that makes all of yospos just 1 thread with all the posts appearing in the order they were posted timewise but with no context as to what thread they're posted in?

tia

also implement that in 219.css

• Locked thread