Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
ive been typing all my life but never learned to toch type and i feel this is holding me back professionally. do you think i should learn to and so how should i go about it???? how did you learn to touch type????? thakns :megadeath:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
this is not a joke btw

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
this is a joke

:gas: immediately

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

it's p good, try mavis bacon or something, get you squared away

pram
Jun 10, 2001

KARMA! posted:

ive been typing all my life but never learned to toch type and i feel this is holding me back professionally. do you think i should learn to and so how should i go about it???? how did you learn to touch type????? thakns :megadeath:

are you like 15 yo

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I'm hunting and pecking... for the :gas: button :lol:

j/k but (this is the part of the post where I get serious) You really should learn to touch-type, OP. It'll make a vast difference to your everyday productivity, and make you more respected by your peers & employers. Start today...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfQ_B6_xy8

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

carry on then posted:

it's p good, try mavis bacon or something, get you squared away

i know im being a bit glib here but i really appreciate the suggestion :)

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
home row motherfucker do you use it lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i like http://www.keybr.com/ op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
if you touch type you will be faster at doing computer things

if you are faster at doing computer things people will think you like doing computer things

then the questions start

stay slow. stay sane.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just keep your index fingers on the bumps!

like most things related to computers, the same advice holds to lovemaking

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

ppl who cant touch type but in yospos

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I know I type all wrong like I rarely use my pinky fingers BUT I don't ever look at the keyboard when I'm typing

does that mean I'm not touch typing? or I'm just crappy touch typing?

this is probably the reason I never got used to hjkl on vim, it's super awkward the way I have to position my fingers while vimming just to move places

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's just crappy touch typing

I did it for years but TTotD taught me to use my pinkies and I started typing way faster and more comfortably

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

this is cool

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

I recommend dvorak op

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

ive shared this lil piece of info with the pos before but i touch type with my left hand and index finger with my right.
recently realised that i press space with my index finger too lol. i try learning how to touch type but i cant stop beign hosed up

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

by 'touch typing' do you mean the official way with set keys for each finger, or just typing without looking at the keyboard?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

because if the former nah, if the latter yeah

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
just play typing of the dead op and include your highscore in your cv for that professional boost

man gently caress this thing, it homed in on words that are uncomfortable to type and just stuck on those forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

let me introduce you to a friend of mine, mavis beacon

• Locked thread