Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

like when half life 2 had the gravity gun and all of a sudden everyone was putting physics guns in their game. or when gears of war was made and now dang sure are a lot of these third person cover shooters around. or ww2 games. i think it's time for someone to make something that everyone wants to copy, because when was the last time that happened? like, dota moba? that don't count. it cant count. ubisoft copies, but only their own games. game makers: please look around you at the games today and find something to copy. it's time for you to copy. it's time. well, that's my request. take a look around you, and rip it. what's hot? do you know what's hot? now, do more of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeuhl
Dec 15, 2009

hand is free

Mr. Pumroy posted:

like when half life 2 had the gravity gun and all of a sudden everyone was putting physics guns in their game. or when gears of war was made and now dang sure are a lot of these third person cover shooters around. or ww2 games. i think it's time for someone to make something that everyone wants to copy, because when was the last time that happened? like, dota moba? that don't count. it cant count. ubisoft copies, but only their own games. game makers: please look around you at the games today and find something to copy. it's time for you to copy. it's time. well, that's my request. take a look around you, and rip it. what's hot? do you know what's hot? now, do more of that.

Geocaching VR Survival

Find the the items in the real world, or you die in the game

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It's league of legends, dayz, and minecraft.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if we could make a moba with zombies where you built everything, we could become rich

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

how about a space game where you are both the ship and the captain

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
Please someone copy monhun and then put it on PC. tia

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

what

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

program666 posted:

Please someone copy monhun and then put it on PC. tia

this and

someone shamelessly copy zelda but dont be lovely like dark siders

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i dont think ive ever had less fun than playing dark siders 2

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

siders? don't you mean souls?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

for all the poo poo it gets i remember some really great moments from the souls series. it's fun to me here and there. when i try to remember dark siders part 1/2 it's all the same. pain. griding. nothingness. it was death

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

for all the poo poo it gets i remember some really great moments from the souls series. it's fun to me here and there. when i try to remember dark siders part 1/2 it's all the same. pain. griding. nothingness. it was death

i actually really dig both dark souls, forget the lovely thing, i was just saying it's the closest to a good zelda-like on the PC

Dec 26, 2012

yeah defintely op

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
someone could make a good copy of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag but without the assassin bits and more gay pirates

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

this and

Okami

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
mgs 5 is coming ou t in september

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Grim posted:

someone could make a good copy of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag but without the assassin bits and more gay pirates

Its called ravens cry

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
ravens cry is a revolutionary advance in the field of random generator engines for insults and expletives

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Mr. Pumroy posted:

ubisoft copies, but only their own games.

Yves really likes open world games with lots of storytelling. drat near flipped his poo poo when Red Dead Redemption came out.

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Let's make Halo 2.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gte to it, OP.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Five Nights at Freddy's is the new hotness among bottom-of-the-barrell indie devs.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

thanks man, gimme gimme gimme

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Schnedwob posted:

The real good posting starts here.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
A game where there are zombies and people shooting them but in this game you are the zombies.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fredrik1 posted:

A game where there are zombies and people shooting them but in this game you are the zombies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmBEdY35mA

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

real life is already kinda like a low tech copy of star citizen.........

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
I think there should be more games with dragons. Dragons and materia...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i said dont be lovely

• Locked thread