Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

this was true not even two years ago, but the imp zone has filled the 'casual games discussion' niche extremely well. also, games itself is a lot more chill. i call people aids-ridden retards all the time and i dont think ive even been probed for it

the tfr, gip, and yospos games threads could be rolled into imp zone or games regular and nobody would really care
    /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The Bowser Says friend of the family Meme

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

emoji posted:

Yea, for real Smythe. Get your tepid-rear end poo poo out of here before I alpha on your feeble rear end. Think you can hang with the big boys? Lol. My top-of-the-line MacBook has more value than your life you little twerp. If you try to step to my megathreads one more time I'll strip and chain your rear end up in a dog kennel, put you in a headlock, and flick your shrimpy little human being cock straight off like a ciggy ash. I'll crush your tiny, useless balls into oblivion with my premium RJ-45 crimper, all the while recording in 240 fps on my gold iPhone. You'll be begging for your pathetic so-called life and the chance to atone by getting a CS degree, while I laugh and say talk to the Siri cuz the face don't wanna hear it. Bitch.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

you're directly responsible for anything smythe does as an IK, btw

Garbd
Dec 29, 2008

why don't u guys post in imp zone? it's all about games

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i agree with both of these posts

and i agree with my Good Friend, A Wheezy Steampunk.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i enjoy the current game thread but i wouldn't mind a computers only rule and/or even focusing more on game development as a technical exercise and career (lol if it's you!)

but really i kinda like the current 'video game thread where your can't use slurs' i don't care for racism myself so maybe that's just me.

if anything, kill the cat thread. at least video games are computers. cats aren't computers. i checked. they just aren't.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If anything my avatar proves my point. The friend of the family word would not be allowed in a Games subforum whatsoever before, let alone some dude's avatar.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
no you see it's no longer a toxic posting environment, now everyone says friend of the family and furthermore,

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
idk tho, one one hand i like being able to post about videojames in the people named james forum (every 1000 pages or so lol), but on the other hand there is a hell of a lot of unironic wow/dota/cardgame/anime/etc chat which is p. indefensible

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the worst posters in the thread also like the worst games. maybe just ban them?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

maniacdevnull posted:

if anything, kill the cat thread. at least video games are computers. cats aren't computers. i checked. they just aren't.

games to PI,
cats to imp zone,
this thread to QCS

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

QCS would bring out deeper input from retards who want new IKs and to overthrow the forums leadership to bring back LF or some other crap thing

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jony ive aces posted:

no you see it's no longer a toxic posting environment, now everyone says friend of the family and furthermore,

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

jony ive aces posted:

yeah that's what i meant by the weird internet racism

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jony ive aces posted:

Oh, you're one of those people. They've got several subforums on the website for people afraid of words they do not like and those who might find them funny. You should check out Ask/Tell, it's good poo poo.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Shaggar posted:

Make it for real (computer) games only. no consoles allowed

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Larry Parrish posted:

those people.
the gently caress did you just call me

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

did they take that sound out of mk8 before release? i swear i've never heard it

but i also don't play as bowser

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i would like imp zone, if not for the sincere casual racism in every single imp zone post.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As a Millennial I posted:

i would like imp zone, if not for the sincere casual racism in every single imp zone post.

Yes. Everyone in Imp Zone is racist and means it. You've solved the puzzle.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i would post there, but my posts would contain no racism, thus upsetting the perfect equilibrium of racism.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

Yes. Everyone in Imp Zone is racist and means it. You've solved the puzzle.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

zen death robot posted:

lmao has this really turned into another "bitch about IZ" thread?

i dont think people saying "the people posting about games should post in the funy game forum" is bitching about it

it should be moved to blimp zone or maybe it should be pc games only (kinda like pics thread is now just computer pics). its probably the most circle jerky thread in an already very circke jerky forum though so idk

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
ok i guess the guy after that post was actually bitching about it but whatever

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AAB posted:

move it to the imp zone

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Widdiful posted:

there are lots of posters who only post in the games thread, find a way to force them to become real yosposters or get the heck out!

yeah seriously, for example:

Raged posted:

it should stay for the simple reason that it's not full of shitlords that can be found in the games forums threads.

it's a good place for people who actually know their head from their rear end when it comes to consoles/pc. Also being able to ridicule bad opinions without being banned is a major bonus.

who the hell r u??

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

smythe plz get in here and fire up the probe machine, ugh

close the games thread and if someone wants a games thread its gotta be tech oriented, make it about game dev or weird console hardware stuff (where's that dude who's entire life is dedicated to making RGB NES's or whatever)

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
e: nvm bring back the probe machine i guess :rolldice:

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Raged posted:

it should stay for the simple reason that it's not full of shitlords that can be found in the games forums threads.

it's a good place for people who actually know their head from their rear end when it comes to consoles/pc. Also being able to ridicule bad opinions without being banned is a major bonus.

its true, you can still get a 24 hour probe for saying "dark souls is bad" in the games forum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yard salad posted:

its true, you can still get a 24 hour probe for saying "dark souls is bad" in the games forum

are truisms against the rules then?

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
How bout a "gaming hardware" megathread so we can laugh at idiots who buy KILLER™ NICs and razer hardware so we can sperg out on benchmarks and performance statistics, then a "gaming software" megathread that we can use to laugh at people who think openGL will actually take off and argue that linux 2015 desktop gaming is superior because the money saved on the OS can go towards game purchases

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
games thread is good, it separates the wheat from the chaff

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
people love overmoderation. it's worked really well in the past

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

friend of the family

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im going to go inside of the dog kennel

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

sorry just trying to get into my imp zone posting stance

Adbot