Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/friends-and-doctors-raise-doubts-over-healing-belle-cancer-claims-20150310-1401rr.html

quote:

Doubt has been cast over Melbourne social media entrepreneur Belle Gibson's "inspirational" story of cancer survival, as close friends and doctors question her illness and her publisher admits never checking the story.

"I asked her when she got her diagnosis, she said she didn't know. I asked her who gave her the diagnosis, she said Dr Phil. I asked if Dr Phil had a last name she didn't know, he disappeared. I asked her where she saw Dr Phil, she said he came and picked [her] up from [her] house."
yeah okay that's interesting but it's not about compu-

quote:

She launched The Whole Pantry app after gaining a social media following for posting about using nutrition to fight cancer. It has been downloaded 300,000 times and has been heavily promoted by Apple as a centrepiece app on the new Apple Watch.

Ms Gibson released a cook book based on the app last year. She wrote that she had been "stable for two years now with no growth of the cancer". But Ms Gibson told media outlets last year the cancer had reached her liver and kidneys. Three months earlier she posted on The Whole Pantry's Facebook page that her cancer had spread to her blood, spleen, brain and uterus.

Ms Gibson, who calls herself 'Healing Belle', has recently partnered with Apple to develop her recipe app for the Apple Watch. Apple had been promoting the app and last week said an "exciting" announcement about Ms Gibson would be made on Monday.

Apple has declined to say whether it stands by Ms Gibson in light of the latest revelations of her company's questionable fundraising activities and doubt over the veracity of her health claims.
:vince:

good to see tim following in stebe's dead cancerous footsteps (:rip:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
anything that kills more apple users is fine by me

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
sleepy? there's an app for that

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Shaggar posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

i think your crossing a line here buddy

pram
Jun 10, 2001
who is Belle Gibson

pram
Jun 10, 2001
not notable enough for a wikipedia entry. gas

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

quote:

Her stories of suffering seizures, hospital admissions and multiple cancers are disappearing from her Facebook and Instagram pages.

quote:

Former friends of Ms Gibson have told the Australian they doubted her claims as far back as 2009 when, aged 17, she first claimed to have had multiple heart operations, and chemotherapy and radiotherapy for a brain tumour.

lol

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
first that single USB-C port on the new macbook, and now this? apple is getting weird

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fruit

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

pram posted:

not notable enough for a wikipedia entry. gas
tim seems to think she's notable v:shobon:v

https://www.apple.com/watch/app-store-apps/

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Editor's Choise: Munchausens.app - put the social capital of having all the cool diseases right in your fingertips!

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

it's not lying, it's HealthKit hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Shaggar posted:

• Locked thread