Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

what's wildtangent

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

what's wildtangent

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

stop buying hp

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how else can you get humorous mouse pointers?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Dolomite posted:

stop buying

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
lol

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
the winamp wildtangent plugin

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

As a Millennial I posted:

how else can you get humorous mouse pointers?

RIP comet cursor

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oops, that's what i was thinking of.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i had to look up what "WildTangent" was. apparently it's something that afflicts the kind of people who buy computers from supermarkets

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sweevo posted:

i had to look up what "WildTangent" was. apparently it's something that afflicts the kind of people who buy computers from supermarkets

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
yospos kid at age 4 : mother, I read the BBS today and we need to take the Gateway back to Walmart and go to Egghead instead

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
when i was a wee lad and went to go buy simcity2000 at egghead, the person who rung me up noticed i was buying the mac version and said 'heh... apple's gonna be dead in two years kid. :smug: ' jokes on him, bought in at $4 lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

graph posted:

when i was a wee lad and went to go buy simcity2000 at egghead, the person who rung me up noticed i was buying the mac version and said 'heh... apple's gonna be dead in two years kid. :smug: ' jokes on him, bought in at $4 lol

apple is dead right now

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

graph posted:

my uncle got me sim city 2000 as a birthday present

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

it was the mac version btw

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i got simcity 2000 for christmas one year but it was the pc version because my family did not own a macintosh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elder Postsman posted:

my uncle got me sim city 2000 as a birthday present

i also bought some sweet speakers along with it. a very good use of my lawnmowing/yardwork money

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Egghead Software was loving win.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

graph posted:

i also bought some sweet speakers along with it. a very good use of my lawnmowing/yardwork money

i had a macintosh lc520 at the time and it had sweet speakers BUILT IN. like, full stereo speakers. wow.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the preferred nomenclature is "ce" or "common era", not the outdated "anno domini" or as you put it "in the year of our lord"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Stymie posted:

the preferred nomenclature is "ce" or "common era", not the outdated "anno domini" or as you put it "in the year of our lord"

i don't care for this because it's just a stupid renaming of it, it's still all based on the same years and all

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Stymie posted:

i prefer a.d. because it keeps Jesus the Lord and Savior of mankind at the forefront of my mind.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Stymie posted:

neither of those is a Yospos meme. why would i use them?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm remembering some classic 90s snacks right now, as well as some classic 90s computer shovelware.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elder Postsman posted:

i don't care for this because it's just a stupid renaming of it, it's still all based on the same years and all

"common era" was used regularly prior to the popularization of "anno domini" by later scholars, particularly those who were non-christian (e.g. jewish scholars), so "ad" is the renaming

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm remembering some classic 90s snacks right now, as well as some classic 90s computer shovelware.

Chex Quest ftw.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

emoji posted:

Snood ftw.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
i remember a maxis cd rom with simcity, simfarm, and simant on it. i cant remember which i played the most. gonna go with ant

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
played on a computer with 1 gb storage

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

i had simcity 2000 on the psx, it was laggy as hell and awesome

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

nice to see stymie is still a whiny crybaby

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
amazon trail :smugmrgw:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

i miss bonzi buddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
North and south for the Amiga

micro machines 2 with 3 young boys surrounding one keyboard was a hell of. a lot of
fun

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.
Bonzi buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black pete
Mar 24, 2015

DON'T MIND ME!

I'LL MAKE JOKES ABOUT RAPE.