Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
your compatibility with me is
Awesome
super high
i [angry moo cow] am not a farmer look me up on last.fm1!!!!
gently caress off moo coetc etc etc
View Results

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

how does this making GBS threads thing make money and how is it still afloat despite this being the next dot com bubble.

loving dorks and their nerd ideas enjoy the pop bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

"OoOoOoOoo I wonder what this guy likes to listen too!!!!!1!!" - some rear end in a top hat with no real friends

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i like the last.fm recommendation engine, op

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i also like that when you hover your mouse over the number of songs someone has listened to, it gives you an average per day

my average is 23 songs per day since 2004

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

why would someone need to know that

pop it

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i use last.fm to see if stars of the lid released their album yet

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies

The Hamburglar posted:

scrobble scrobble

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i used to really like the recommendation thing too until my dickhead texan ex spent hours on my computer listening to country music and hosed it all up.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
i still use it op and i know lots of cool normal people thta use it too

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

i used it back when it was called audioscrobbler and when people 'collected' (more like :filez:) and defined themselves with music but then somewhere along the way streaming services happened and now no one cares what you listen to :shobon:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

At one point I was interested in having every aspect of my life recorded so years later I could look at a day and have all these data points to reconstruct it with.

On {date} I went to {place} at {time} and I listened to {songs} on the way so my mood was probably {lovely}.

God I was a weird kid.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I also made a weird proto twitter/foursquare hybrid when I went on my first international trip to let my family keep up with me. I had a special AIM account that I would text lat,lng,msg to and it would plot it on a map that people could check.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yes, my favorite movies were The Truman Show and The Matrix, why do you ask?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

i used it back when it was called audioscrobbler and when people 'collected' (more like :filez:) and defined themselves with music but then somewhere along the way streaming services happened and now no one cares what you listen to :shobon:
death to pandora

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

ive never been on last.fm op

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
i still use it on my ipod classic

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

it got bought by someone and thier just milking the long tail as it fades into obscuirity

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

yard salad posted:

milking the long tail

:dong:

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
last.fm is actually vry useful to me because my broken brain isn't very good at figuring out whether i actually like something or not. so i can look at my library and see what i listen to the most and conclude that if i listen to it a lot i probably do like it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

billion dollar idea

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i used it back when it was called audioscrobbler. not since 2004. thanks for asking :pram:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
anyone remember orkut ?? huh? do ya

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

not since their scrobbler failed to upgrade to 64bit or also when itunes match started and i didnt need to sync my ipoad anymore

but it's cool, i met a ton of rad people through it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

not since their scrobbler failed to upgrade to 64bit or also when itunes match started and i didnt need to sync my ipoad anymore

but it's cool, i met a ton of rad people through it

can u plks desibe the last.fm social network because im really clueless over here

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

there are groups and i started chatting with my city's and ended up hanging out with people

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

there are groups and i started chatting with my city's and ended up hanging out with people

im sorry can u please be more clear im not trying to flame u im honestly curious were there forums or something? how did the chat take place? live?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i still have an account but i changed phone and computer and didn't reinstall the software. what's a good music player for windows anyway, i don't like wmp and now i basically just listen to stuff on bandcamp and youtube

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
there's forums and messaging.

I met a v cute girl on last.fm and KISSED HER on the MOUTH

pram
Jun 10, 2001
two people brought together by their intense love of smash mouth

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:pram:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

im sorry can u please be more clear im not trying to flame u im honestly curious were there forums or something? how did the chat take place? live?

here's an example:
http://www.last.fm/group/Brooklyn

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I met a v cute girl on last.fm and KISSED HER on the MOUTH

congratulations you scored.

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i never used the first fm, let alone the last one

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hosed up

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

hosed up

except i went to school in erie pa and if you were one of the four people in the last.fm group for erie, you were guaranteed to be savagely less basic than the average erieite

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

last.fm saved my life

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

this is a forum about computers, not farming op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

good because I know lots about computers ask me anything but I don't know anything about farming don't ask me anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

• Locked thread