Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What the fuuuuuck. I've had these birds over 10 years and no eggs and suddenly today I look down in the cage and there are 2 eggs staring back at me :psyduck:

I don't want to raise any new cockatiels so what do I do? Do I just take the eggs away and destroy them or is there a certain way I should go about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Zzulu posted:

What the fuuuuuck. I've had these birds over 10 years and no eggs and suddenly today I look down in the cage and there are 2 eggs staring back at me :psyduck:

I don't want to raise any new cockatiels so what do I do? Do I just take the eggs away and destroy them or is there a certain way I should go about this

World's smallest omelette.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Tiny omelette.

Dammit, Fluffy Bunnies--!

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
I want to see the eggs.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Velvet Sparrow posted:

Dammit, Fluffy Bunnies--!

Things goons say all the time for $500, alex.

dogcrash truther posted:

I want to see the eggs.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/cockatiel-incubating-eggs-7792367.jpg this one also has a pretty cockatiel sitting on them and being very good.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Don't worry about it if they're just sitting alone in the cage and then hen isn't actually roosting on them. My 'tiel used to lay and then the eggs would just lie all forlorn in a corner of the bottom of the cage until I eventually removed them. A+ mothering instinct.

Don't remove them if she is interested in them, though, or she'll just lay more to replace the ones you've taken. Give them a few shakes to addle them and let her sit on them until she eventually realizes they're infertile and loses interest/eats them.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

or smashes them with her mouth

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

:3 cockatiels are so cute when angrily defending their nests :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bslxkQ4YlU8

much fury very anger rawr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDvM4Vy5g6U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well, news development, the mother is completely disinterested in the eggs so the father is roosting them now instead :shepface:

I made sure the eggs were infertile and i'm just gonna let the birds do whatever they want with the eggs now until they get bored and then I'll get rid of them

• Locked thread