Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
When they put Dreamcasts into those enclosed booths in game stores, they would have to replace them every few months (sometimes weeks). They literally got cooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

When they put Dreamcasts into those enclosed booths in game stores, they would have to replace them every few months (sometimes weeks). They literally got cooked.

I remember feeling the plastic case enclosing a display PS3 at EB Games once. It was pretty hot

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I got a 360 3 years after it came out and it still red ringed after a couple months and would scratch disks if you tilted it while running.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pookum posted:

would scratch disks if you tilted it while running.

what a mystery! clearly your console is faulty!

I got my 360 for Christmas '07. Always kept it laid flat in a dust-free, well ventilated area because I'm not an idiot. Thing still runs quiet as a mouse.

I got my wii the year before that. I was once playing metroid prime with a wired controller while it was standing upright and my roommate tripped over the cord. the entire system tumbled off the three-foot table onto a hard floor and busted the gamecube port panels.

It wasn't phased. i just picked it up and put it back and continued playing lol

Reminds me of an only tangentially related story about indestructible Nintendo products: my friend had a controller that would short his gamecube and shut it off whenever you plug it in. The system wouldn't start with it plugged in either. it was really bizarre, especially considering it was an official gc controller and not some mad catz poo poo.

so we decided to beat the poo poo out of it by throwing it at the solid brick walls of our dorm hall and swing it around by the cord to knock it around the hard floors. we were at it for at least 15 or 20 minutes or so before we finally broke it and even then we only got a small triangular chip out of it. we eventually gave up :mario:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

well it did say not to move the drat thing while it was running durrrr

My dog jumped on my xbox while it was going and ruined my Fable 2 disc. Good dog.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
was it the dog from fable ii lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mung Dynasty posted:

was it the dog from fable ii lol

Why is that funny.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Someone tripped on the AV cable connecting my 360 to my TV and pulled it like 5 feet off a shelf onto a hard tile floor. The hard drive didn't work after that but the console is still running to this day. Even the game inside was okay miraculously. This was my 3rd Xbox 360 though so I can't really give the console too much credit. Same thing happened to my Wii, which also still works but it's the only Wii I've owned so that makes it the better console.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Why is that funny.

I'll step in here and help out with this one, I have been similarly confused.
Your post was regarding a dog who was presumably a real dog in the real world who physically collided with your xbox. In Fable II, you can have a virtual dog which follows your character around in the game.

The humor comes from the absurdity of the idea that a virtual dog can interact with the physical world.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

surc posted:

I'll step in here and help out with this one, I have been similarly confused.
Your post was regarding a dog who was presumably a real dog in the real world who physically collided with your xbox. In Fable II, you can have a virtual dog which follows your character around in the game.

The humor comes from the absurdity of the idea that a virtual dog can interact with the physical world.

Thanks for the clarification. I was also confused at first but now I understand the joke perfectly.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Who actually ever set it to channel 4?

I used 4 instead of 3.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Only 90's Kids Will Remember This.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

friend of the family!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
sometimes i like to turn on my PS3 and imagine im at an airport

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

it makes a very loud whirring noise like a jet engine. i sometimes imagine im one of those baggage handlers and throw my rucksack around the room and complain about obamacare

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Cheap RF adapters that degraded the picture quality of the TV signal you had going through them did damage to my sister that resulted in her pulling out AV cables years after RCA cables made it a non-issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SeXReX posted:

Cheap RF adapters that degraded the picture quality of the TV signal you had going through them did damage to my sister that resulted in her pulling out AV cables years after RCA cables made it a non-issue

God drat the lovely third party rf adaptor I had for my n64 was a piece of dog poo poo. bright blue, green or red on screen? bleed that poo poo like 3 inches to the right! sound loud enough to hear? time for some crackling!

playing turok was incredibly unpleasant. I was blinded by lava and made deaf from explosions and moving pillars producing noise like a damaged ham radio

• Locked thread