Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
In this update I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Also I lose 3 magic weapons and have to reload and then replay a from when the slaves were being healed. I dont show you the replay, but losing two +2 and a +1 weapon really ticked me off. Nothing in the book says the Babau can do what they do, but they do it.

His lair where nefarious things are done.

We got some caves up top that seem to be only accessible via little green-ringed portal stones. I am guessing those statues are badass. Did I ever tell you I hate mazes like this?

In the first room accessible to me are 2 babau's and a Magera. And the wizard.

The only creature in the entire rooms to the right is this dude hanging out in the kitchen.

I love the goooooooooold. Also Vrocks.

The evil wizard himself chilling in his bedroom.

His study, complete with books littered on the floor. I am sure they are unimportant :downs:

I move forward, get a warning.

A guardian appears. A level 2 guardian. If I was really low level, I would think "Level 2? I can handle that!" and charge in. I'd get creamed if I did that since everything else is very strong in here.

He had a magic ninja star. A bow is still better.

Another guardian blocks the only entrance.

He doesn't last long.

Oh no! They are going to transform him and he'll die! I must save him, he'll become my new BFF when I do because I'm a lifesaver.

ATTACK!

Dude's really brainwashed with this whole transformation thing... Apparently he's not friendly to me and I have to fight him.

They all die easily.

I go to the kitchens to chat with this guy who is greyed out because my cursor is on him.

I try explaining that the transformation is a myth. He does not believe me and refuses to talk. This is why I wanted Blindy to come with me but noooooo

A babau comes to take him away for his transformation and tells me if I behave I might be transformed too.

I saw a sword up here that I want. I bet I have to fight these giant statues and can't just zip in and out for the sword.

Level 10. This is going to hurt.

Okay, the single guy didn't hurt, but there are 4 more in the big area.

Now I bounce around these drat islands and finally appear in the main area.

A good old fashioned 4v4 melee.

My two weaker hand-to-handers gang up on one.

Kug and Man'tis make short work of one, then move to the other two.

Kug finishes first.

And then she has to help weakling Aishlinn and Kornec.

Aishlinn got punched. Hard. A lot. She was knocked unconscious, hence the 1 hit point. If the thing had put her to -10(?) she would be DEAD instead.

Two minutes of randomly entering portals brings me to the sword.

1d8+2 with an unknown add-on.

Dagolor? Hah, I killed that pussy.

I'll never join you, DIE SCUM DIE

I begin with killing his Vrock companion.

He mages the poo poo out of me with wide area spell after spell. 30+ damage to multiple characters time and again.

I summoned an elemental to distract him. The elemental doesn't have +1 weapons so they won't be able to hurt the wizard.

The wizard doesn't like being touched, so he summons a Babau to help. Then he casts an area spell which takes hurts a lot.

His magic arrow or flame arrow or something just did 54 damage. Aishlinn has 51 hit points.

Slaying Man'tis has two +1 weapons, so he moves to engage. And misses. The wizard summons another Babau when I swung at him.

He moves away and lightning bolts our squad.

And summons more poo poo when Kug swings at him with her +2 swords.

Things are not going as well as I had hoped. I can't lay a hand on the fucker.

That'll do donkey. RELOAD

Right about now I remember hearing something about 'focus point' or some poo poo from Blindy or the shadowman in the temple. I guess I'll start punching his bed and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
SAVE RELOADED. OPERATION "DON'T BE DUMB" IS ENGAGED

I start by visiting the library. There are 4 books to read, I will try to just show the interesting bits because it was like 10 screenshots per book.

This one tells of a magical device that can dispel demons from another plane. Interesting.

Power focus book? HEY DUMMY, IT'S THE MIRROR. THE MIRROR. SHINY. AND YOU ALREADY TRIED TO INTERACT WITH IT IN THE TEMPLE YOU BIG DUMMY

A book made out of human flesh I assume? A demon summoning book? Very interesting.

Last book. :shrug: No idea.

Okay, so it's the mirror. Got it. Time for a rematch!

This time I tell him I'll join him because I already know I can fight him here in his room, so I tell him I'm on his side instead. He tells me he'll summon the Unnamed One and teleports us both to the temple.

I don't know much about demon summoning, but I think 'loving up the incantation' ranks up there with 'forgot to bring a sacrifice'

The demon is not amused, sends 4 fire elementals (level 12, not the LESSER kind, the actual fire elementals) to deal with us.

We punch them to death like we've done to everything else. I never take a hit.

Now do you remember how this is OPERATION DON'T BE DUMB? Right about now I see shitloads of experience. Unlimited experience if you will.

Hey, try again! Worst case scenario I have to kill a hugeass demon. Best case: Free experience.

The demon says: "You will never be able to summon me" but all I hear is "WOOOOO UNLIMITED EXPERIENCE!"

Again? Uno mas.

4th time's the charm!

5th time's the charm?

Nope!

May as well try again! I've taken some damage on everyone except Kug. Kug is apparently invincible.

Well, you were close! Try again!

Swing and a miss, dumdum.

Maybe one more?

And then I tell him he can go ahead and die.

He summons a Vrock, but I have eyes only for that mirror.

Man'Tis keeps the Vrock occupied while the other three go punch the mirror. It breaks after dealing something like 90 damage to the three.

Did the Unnamed One just cry because I broke his mirror? If so, he should have come to defend it himself. That's his own drat fault.

Wooo experience! It is about 1/50th of what I took from the 7 or 8 waves of fire elementals.

Go get him, Kug!

More experience.

A quick heal and we'll go explore the rest of his lair.

He has a diary. The super power dark wizard was apparently a 10 year old girl. At least girls know to keep the diary between their mattress and box spring.

So he knows how to make a super-powerful dagger. With poison.

And I think I know where to make it...

I am unable to break this mirror.

Vrocks protect the piles of gold.

But they don't do a good job. There is roughly 1500 gold here on the floor (including the other room).

This is better than all that gold. +5 strength? Maybe +6? It's awesome.

Remember that book I read about the dispel artifact that can send demons back to their own world? Found the artifact.

I wanted to carry the human-skin book elsewhere to attempt destroy it, but I was unable to.

Wooooo free armor!

And it's all badass! Like really badass.

I split it between Kug and Kornec. -4 and -5 armor class. I could make one character have -8, but I think having two in the negatives is better.

I go talk to the leaders. You could repay me by helping in the upcoming war.

Too weak to fight. The strongest monster in the game is too weak to fight. :argh:

And the slaves will not help me either.

But they will let me back in here anytime I want. Like, say if I was to find some giant poison thing and wanted to make a certain knife.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This game is much longer than I thought. Holy cow.

I leave after killing the evil wizard. They tell me to go back inside. No thanks.

A couple strangers over here.

He cray.

They make their living selling pretty rocks.

Never heard of the great spire.

And now they are both crazy.

I head back to Tz-city to do something special.

I'M A BLACKSMITH

I made a metal rod. Awesome.

Every hero in every book I have ever read is a blacksmith. Or they know a blacksmith. Or there is a magic weapon made by a blacksmith. I'm all 3 tropes.

+1? God damnit. Useless.

Also, I stole the bellows. No idea why, but it wasn't nailed down so I took it.

Got some more extract to give to the chick in Gedron.

I go to the mayor area and they love me. I get special poo poo in my house for allying one city with them. A scroll of 'Pebble to Boulder' which I'll never use. A +2 bow, and some +2 arrows. And some fruit.

Lets go to Gedron!

I got money for doing this go-fetch quest.

And now we go to the red sand area...

And get the reward from this dude for the go-fetch quest.

That sounds... very familiar. I accept!

Leave me alone I just want to talk to the sage about my new magic poo poo

New sword.

No idea what the bow does for special poo poo. Thats the entire reason I came here. I assume acid means acid damage or something. We'll find out soon.

The armor we just got.

The artifact that banishes demons.

El had clubfoot? His parents should have stretched that out when he was a baby.

FINALLY the lizardwoman is here for me to talk to. It's been forever since I told her about the tribe.

She gave me a ring that increases constitution. Kornec gets it, but his hit points don't go up for some reason.

A god drat town is under attack by bandits and wyverns!

And apparently there are evil castle guards with them. I murder everything easily.

Sounds like this castle needs a savage beating. I know just the crew of plucky heroes to administer said beating.

Oh, well you should have told me that earlier. Now I look like an idiot to everyone reading the LP.

Looking around the village:

We go see the village leader. Someone took her bitch pill this morning.

omg shut up i hate you

Fiiiiine, I'll kill the bandits. Would that help, you cranky bitch?

Wooo, free stuff!

I stole some grain from the evil wizard, do you want it?

If you had led with "I need to eat something, I'm not myself when I'm hungry" I could have given the grain earlier and you could have been less of a bitch.

Again: No way into the castle. None. Don't even try. None.

I got a leather sling which is trash.

And a pretty stone.

I just want to say that my curiosity helps sometimes.

This tree is definitely out of place, right? Serpent tree?

The tree doesn't do anything, but a monster attacks right after I touch the tree. I don't get any screenshots because he dies in 2 hits. Whoops. Anyway, this is what we need to create that evil wizards potion.

Useless townsman #1

North side of the village? Not the giant gaping hole in the ground directly SOUTH of your house?

Evil stuff in the castle or cave leading to it. Don't care, gonna destroy it all.

Thanks for nothing, jackwad.

The bug is the cleric of Air. He's useless too.

Time to go make that evil dagger....

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I think I can have this thing wrapped up by Friday.

I return the poison flower to the merchant in hopes he can give me the extract. That does not happen. Argh. No magic poison dagger for me. :( Also, I'm curious how a dead mage is growing anxious.

New go-fetch quest. "Go north, find birds, find lump in sand, kill lump in sand"

Wand I got for the Terror Bloom flower.

I see birds and a lump in the sand!

How the loving poo poo would a 9 year old find this? Took me 5 minutes to figure out how to get down there.

That was easy.

Yeah yeah I got it simmer down. I got some shield and a banana. Shield isn't anything special, the fire resistant drake shield I have is better.

Oh, this is a well, not the cave entrance. The well goes down to the place with the shadows that need hearts.

I go capture her essence into the gem like some kind of pokemon.

But noooo, I don't have this guys heart-gem. Bet its in the caves!

But first I take a look at the diary of the shadow we just chatted to. There was a forbidden love, found out by her father, A'poss did some poo poo for no discernable reason.

You guys see the cave? Don't scroll down, really look for it.

Took me 23 minutes. I have a 23 minute gap between screenshots while I looked EVERYWHERE for that loving cave entrance. 23 minutes. Do you know how long that is when you are moving an inch at a time and clicking on everything that is possibly a slightly different shade than everything else? :negative:

In here we have spiders up top on the light-colored paths, and some kind of underground human-thing on the more reddish part.

This dude looks interesting.

He's an outcast, he thinks the spiders are harmless and will be peaceful traders.

Ending curses is kind of what I do. I don't want to brag, but I'm really good at it. Consider it done.

I haven't talked to anyone else, not a single other one of the underworld people, but gently caress it, lead on. I've got a headache and dont want to read their bullshit whining.

Okay, I'll go on alone. Thanks for leading me these 12 steps. poo poo, I can still see your bed from here.

I pinky promise.

This looks important and it's on the way....

You all get it? He has magic protection necklaces and the fungas is enchanted with bad stuff. He also made a more badass necklace that can stop the curse too. Luckily the necklace is in the chest here.

The guy is kind of a dick and I fully expect to be meeting a Lich-Tara in about 20 minutes.

Those guys should have put on these necklaces.

What up queeny?

I do enjoy treasure. And since I already promised someone else to take care of the curse... well, I'll just double-dip on my rewards.

This is the queens bedroom. I have a feeling I'm not the first she sent to their deaths.

The prince stops us in the halls.

Well, this makes a lot of sense. Consider it done, I will help you overthrow the queen.

So if the entity was destroyed she wouldn't have power over the other spiders?

I know where I'm going....

And then cue another 10 minutes of trying to figure out how to get down into that hole to kill the entity.

Seriously. This game went from "very normal controls" to "haha good luck with this part, idiot"

I can't cast this spell. Wearing it doesn't do poo poo.

What? I have to chuck a magic pendant down into the pit? Who is going to activate the pendant down there? What the gently caress.

Alright, lets go kill a queen.

I have a headache and don't have time for this poo poo.

You are welcome prince. Follow closely, we'll go murder the queen and try to protect your stupid rear end.

Hint: Her treasure room is full of corpses.

No problem. It was kind of fun, except for the part where I almost rage quit because I couldn't figure out what to do with the pendant.

I got a staff. I now have enough staffs and magic rings/necklaces for every character to cast 4 spells each in combat. I usually cast just north of 0.

Silk armor for our resident thief/preserver.

Okay, these guys don't want to talk.

And these are the wrong people to talk to. What the gently caress is wrong with the caves? Nothing makes sense. There simply aren't any other people in the entire level.

*spend 5 minutes trying to talk to everyone including the dumbass spiders*

Are you kidding me? The spider was too far away? The spider has to be TOUCHING YOU in order to trigger the part where you talk to me? :negative:

I create peace. Now lets go to the castle and hope that's less buggy.

Yes, very much I do. Very much.

Castle time.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

How the loving poo poo would a 9 year old find this? Took me 5 minutes to figure out how to get down there.

You think that's bad? I was stuck for weeks trying to find the cave.

:argh:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Gabriel Pope posted:

You think that's bad? I was stuck for weeks trying to find the cave.
:argh:

Apparently that little dwarf dude that I called useless will physically lead us to the cave entrance. I declined because it's a giant loving cave and "I'm sure the entrance won't be hidden."

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
On another note I have 475MB of images in the 'old screenshot' folder. Not all got used, but pretty close! 1578 images taken.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
When I first played I always assumed that the "cave entrance behind a rock" was referring to the much more prominent round purple stone, so all my attempts to get in revolved around that and I assumed there was something else I needed to do before I could get in.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Gabriel Pope posted:

When I first played I always assumed that the "cave entrance behind a rock" was referring to the much more prominent round purple stone, so all my attempts to get in revolved around that and I assumed there was something else I needed to do before I could get in.

There are 3 of those stones too. Plus another big one dead center north of the village.

I also went and talked to nearly everyone when I couldnt find the cave entrance.

I am done the castle, writeup will happen in 14hrs. And then I think I am done everything except the final battle and the shadows in the wells. Right?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

On the right of the castle is a 100% enclosed room surrounded by two Vrocks. I assume there is a hidden entrance behind them somewhere.

Some wyvern riders hanging out in the open area.

Some zombies on the left-ish side with glowing runes in the floor. I won't be visiting them right off...

Guards that need killing.

Is that a dude sleeping? I've never seen that before.

As if there was any way in hell I'm NOT going to hit that gong.

Stairs north are blocked by guards and wyvern pens.

Haha I can interact with the sleeping guy

I tell him to be quiet or I'll kill him. He tells me everything he knows about the wyvern master and his magic hook that allows him to control them, and Tara the evil woman who is trapped in the northeast tower on the second floor.

I leave him in peace, then go across the hall to kill his guard buddies. He comes to their aid. Kornec deals with him.

I gong. Tara appears, I tell her she will die. She calls me food. Judging from the text she is using people's life forces to stay young and/or alive.

I punch her twice, she disappears with laughter. I gong her a few more times and the same thing happens. Guess I'll need to find a new way to kill her.

I murder the guards in the open area. There is also a single guy that cares for the wyverns. He sounds very different, very polite and as if he is only there to help the wyverns. Sadly the guy in the bed called him "one of ours" so I just slaughter him rather than let him live.

The other guy said you were bad, so you get to die. The guards are all dead so screaming won't help.

Lets go to the second floor. poo poo, don't let him loose a mini-dragon! (he does, it doesn't matter because I Kug'd it)

Second floor.

I assume the wyvern master is in his own bedroom directly south.

Guards to the east.

And Tara to the far east.

I have a single guy way top left who looks like a prisoner. Prisoners always help me, so lets go see what he wants first. That's an earth elemental protecting him.

Find a nice bow on a corpse.

Oh yeah, someone said there was a druid in the last update didn't they?

Ability to destroy Tara? Go on.... My punching doesn't seem to work.

Making nearby villages safe? That's basically the only reason I'm here. I'll do it. I don't care what it is. I'll do it! (also treasure).

So the wyvern master's door is locked. For some reason he gave the key to the door to the prisoner. I dont know.

So that's how doors work!

Dude is so rich he has a sitting room.

I do enjoy profit...

But I don't enjoy killing helpless people. Also I kind of already promised the villagers to kill you.

He denies knowledge of the giant loving weapon he's currently holding.

And then he offers me treasure. I can't say that I don't want treasure, so of course I accept.

You sound like an upstanding character, I'll follow you!

That rear end in a top hat walked right by the huge treasure room and led me to the guards.

And he hid in an empty room. I find him and murder his face. See that? First attacker killed him. No one else even got to move.

I find a green key to the treasure room hidden behind his bed.

And now that I know how keys work, I open the door.

Chests of treasure ($1500) and a few gems. I really don't care, so I don't bother looting all the gems that are worth $50 each. I just leave them for the next adventurer.

I did pretty well, thanks for asking.

You better not double cross me like everyone else in this loving game.

Awesome. I'll go kill Tara using this potion fo' shizzle.

What up, Tara? Just here to murder you.

Spoiler alert: We already met downstairs. I'm the same giant bug from 8 minutes ago.

You ugly.

Apparently she's vain.

3 punches from Man'tis and she dies. I clean up the zombie guards who have 8-11 hit points each.

I snag some loot that appeared (Tayans Heart, the shadow in the well, or maybe I got the heart later. I dont remember).

Tell me about the treasure.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. I'll go get that, thanks.

And there is a way to free the zombies.

I use a second wind potion that appeared in my inventory to break out the zombies.

A few zombies want me to kill them so I oblige. 3 others leave the castle. I get serpent boots.

Aishlinn gets them.

The vrock talks some poo poo immediately before dying.

I find the hidden wall thingy. Aishlinn walks on through.

That's a nice sword. Also might be Tayans heart here, I don't know.

I go back to Mrs. Bitch in the village and tell her I solved everything.

And they still don't want to help fight.

You don't have time to build walls, you'll fricken die if we don't ally!

Oh, you want protection?

Can't argue with that!

I knew you'd see it my way.

And that was incredibly fast. Well done.

She gave us a bracelet that no one can use.

New sword.

Forgot to show me getting this, but Kornec has it.

Serpent boots.

Too bad only one character uses a shield.

I go to the elven caravan to sell poo poo and meet these two.

I already completed this quest so I stop talking to him.

And here are my finished warriors. I cannot level up past 9. I haven't leveled with Kug or Slaying Man'tis in a long long time.

So that's that. Now I'm going to go back to the main city, T-something and see if I can finish the 'shadow in the well' quest before the final animations and final battle start.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren::siren::siren:Update incoming, but I need some help with a pretty big decision!:siren::siren::siren:

3 wishes. What to do what to do.

Do we give the genie to the super-evil race that wants to take over the world? Money money money money (even though we already have 500,000)? Power? Fame? Glory?

Or we could always help the towns....

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 27, 2015

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Make him undo what he's done to the city.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I go to T-town and they are thrilled.

Oh snap they are marching lets go kill kill kill.

Sally forth, great idea!

Well we have 19 fighters on our side, plus me. This should go well.

Time for war! Also, what about that lieutenant who is likely going to double cross everyone?

I never would have guessed.

They give me some stuff, this is the only thing useful. Kug gets stronger.

I go to leave and am assaulted by a vision!

Good. Sandstorm kicked up, visionquest engaged.

Lets teleport somewhere. Oh, the rod no longer works. Well, guess we're walking!

I have no idea how I got here. Just appeared magically.

I have a feeling there is more to the story that you aren't telling me.

But basically: Go get the genie and free the psurlons is what this dude is saying.

I ask about the past. Twice. Then he attacks me.

Here's the map.

Guards don't let me through, so I murder them.

Seems to be a corpse top-left.

A single shadow chilling by a fountain.

Psurlons by a teleporty tile.

More of them.

And the same corpse in the top right for some reason.

I go to the corpse because it looks like there is loot on it. A glowing chest piece that you can't really see in the graphics. Monsters spring up, I must murder my way through.

And that was a waste.

My auto-walk thing stepped me on the dias. The king will talk, but I can't step up there again.

So the king knows he is dead, and he summoned the psurlons.

Llod did the summoning I would guess, the king just ordered it.

Stupid Llod.

Go check out his quarters, it's fine if you loot it. Nothing useful is mentioned about Cragg.

Oh, a prince. I simply don't care to talk to you.

I want to go see the wizards room, leave me alone.

I tell him I'm going to get the genie and he is all friendly. The psurlons really want that genie for some reason. I hope I can piece together why...

Orb of knowledge? I use it.

Llod holds his king in contempt.

The king orders the containment lowered, Llod suffers from pride.

And that's how it all went down.

I found a magic scroll that I read.

Llod seriously underestimated the psurlons. They wreaked his poo poo.

Fricken traps are hitting for 10-30 damage every other step. I make Kug the primary because she has hitpoints to spare.

And we meet this guy finally.

That's what I get for being polite. I ask him if he is Cragg, he is. His story unfolds.

Cragg had the best interest of the world in mind. His story lines up with what I know of Llod, and I don't trust the beings from another dimension.

Cragg stages a one-man prison break.

And expresses some regret for burying the entire city.

That's a noble cause, at least.

Could I borrow the genie? I want it to stop an evil army.

Find your body? Cando!

It's right there!

And still boobytrapped.

An illusion! It was an illusion! drat those Psurlons!

My auto-movement thing stepped me on the dias, so I murder the king for a second time. Whoops.

I accuse this psurlon of collusion. He denies it, so I murder him.

I take the teleporter and arrive way on the east side of the buried city.

They warn me off. I say goodbye, but my character auto-moves forward a step to where I told him to go before the conversation happened.

So we kill them both.

There are 4 psurlons north, I try to talk to them.

And they summoned 4 of the big scorpions that do huge poison damage. I focus on killing them first. I take quite a bit of damage, but there are only two more.

They let me walk up to them and punch them a few times.

This screenshot is me picking up the corpse.

And I bring it back to Cragg.

I wait for him to pick a coffin since he told me to put it in the open one... none of them look open to me.

He hands me an axe, and a genie!

What do?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Old Grey Guy posted:

Make him undo what he's done to the city.

Sorry. I can't :(

That line of text went away when I said goodbye so I could see how much money I have.

Those are my choices.

Wealth
Healing
Duplicate a weapon
Defeat the army

I definitely need to be healed now.
I would probably duplicate the Metal El's Drinker sword since it is Vampiric and I'd get hit points back.
And then defeating the army would be kind of a bonus right?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Wish for wealth 3 times, be a baller.

The final battle is multiple waves that get progressively harder. I'd ask for help (which I think outright eliminates one of the first waves and gives you some other stuff), duplicate El's Drinker, and save the 3rd wish for healing after you fight off the first wave.

(If it's not clear, the reason you "teleport" to the ruins is that they're buried right outside of Teaquetzel. Remember how the desert map to the south had a 2nd north exit with a couple half-buried stone ruins that didn't actually go anywhere? That's where you are now.)

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Spermy Smurf posted:

I definitely need to be healed now.
I would probably duplicate the Metal El's Drinker sword since it is Vampiric and I'd get hit points back.
And then defeating the army would be kind of a bonus right?

Do those three then, in that order.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am getting my rear end handed to me bigtime. No wonder i couldn't beat this when I was 9. I'm not doing any better at 32.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Died 8 times so far. Absolutely no idea how to win this. I mean, I'm not even close. The genie says to destroy the main dude, so I kill him and then the 20 elite guards (who hit harder than Kug) still destroy me.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I wish for help with the army. He gives me metal gloves and sends shadows to fight for us. I never see them. Tells me to kill the commander.

I guess I have to now.

Winking huh? I think we're practically married now.

We got buddies!

The first wave shows up.

It's easy, any one of the characters could kill them all on their own.

Kornec finishes them off.

We stand ready above the corpses of our enemies.

Ahhh, jesus christ these guys hit hard.

Area spells out the rear end are cast on our crew; Aishlinn and Kornec never even get a turn before they are killed outright.

:siren:

Reload

Heal up.

Our buddies kind of suck.

It's on again!

That bald headed dude with the axe is the prime target.

They shoot the mages, again, no spells.

Kug charges

And we die horribly again.

Reload 4 more times before my mages get a chance to do something

Fog wall, bitches. Good luck shooting me now!

That didn't go so well. Aishlinn died immediately anyway.

The fire elemental Kornec summoned was very helpful. He drew attacks for like 5 rounds because none of the elite guards have +1 weapons to hit him with.

Even Kug is taking insane damage. What the gently caress.

Kug and Kornec are stuck. A lightbulb finally goes off in my tiny pea brain.

RELOAD AGAIN

Finish the first group. Cast WEB everywhere, ENTANGLE too.

Eat all the fruit we own. Right about now I notice something annoying. You know how we have armor and necklaces and poo poo that are supposed to do something? They only do it if you take it off and put it back on again. I give Kug the armor of "Free Movement" which lets her pass through web and entangle with ease. Everyone else will stand back.

Everyone except our idiot helpers.

I don't think those two helpers stand much of a chance.

Oh, you're stuck? Poor thing.

I summon a monster, it's a wyvern. Awesome!

Hehe, you can't reach me!

Everyone still at full or almost-full life.

My cursor is pointing at the main army commander. He's black because they blink when highlighted. Go get him, Kug!

He can't move. Yay!

A few of them can still shoot the other 3, so we continue to shoot back. I had like 300 magic arrows, but we run out of those before the fight is done.

Shooting one of these scorpions with arrows takes FOREVER to kill.

Kug continues moving and swatting anything in her way.

Aishlinn's bow shoots an acid arrow once in a while. The weird looking explosion on her is actually the acid arrow beginning to shoot.

Thank you, Kug.

No one is visible to our characters for some reason, so it puts us all back into one group like I am normally exploring the map. The remaining enemies walk right through the web. I am OK with it because now they are easily punchable and there aren't 40 of them.

Aishlinn gets the final kill with a Flame Arrow spell.

I can't gif the animation, it doesn't let me skip out and hit START RECORDING on the gif program. It pans left on this for a bit basically.

1d8+4 sword which is badass.

Nice of you to show back up.

And that's that. I can go talk to people now if I want.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Did you ever use that enlarge person scroll?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RedTonic posted:

Did you ever use that enlarge person scroll?

Yes, the scroll allowed Aishlinn to learn the spell.

The spell doesn't really do anything, so I didn't bother showing it. The character sprite looks the same, just gives more strength and maybe +1 to hit or something. Nothing really changes. I was bummed; I wanted a giant ant.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yes, the scroll allowed Aishlinn to learn the spell.

The spell doesn't really do anything, so I didn't bother showing it. The character sprite looks the same, just gives more strength and maybe +1 to hit or something. Nothing really changes. I was bummed; I wanted a giant ant.

It didn't change the sprites at all? That's a bummer. At higher levels the spell can be really helpful, but screw it if it doesn't look cool.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
The strategy you used that finally worked against the army is similar to what I did. I had everyone stay at the starting position with entangle, Gave all my party members buffs (including Free Action since I had druids), Put up some walls of fire so the enemies took damage on the way, then finally covered my party and useless allies in a dust cloud, which has a similar effect to the fog wall. The trick to those battles is not spreading out, but funneling the enemies so your party can beat them down a few at a time. I used my wishes on duplicating El's Drinker 3 times, and never needed restoration. The AI allies weren't given free action and contributed nothing, but they all survived because of it.

Alpha3KV fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 28, 2015

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
If you have the poison dagger from Balkazar, you can dupe it and give everyone an offhand instakill weapon. That's the best way I've found to tackle the final battle.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. You actually created favorable terrain. Good on the programmers for letting that happen.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Did you ever end up finding the ring of ice storms, or the dagger of terror? They are both very interesting..and gamebreaking items. El's drinker comes in at a close second, that vampiric healing is quite overpowered. (I mean really, would any GM ever allow such an item to be introduced into their game?)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, weapons that cast spells on hit are crazy powerful in AD&D terms. A +3 sword that cast Vampiric Touch or Poison something like once per day would qualify as a very powerful weapon for a 9th level party. Shattered Lands gives you ones that cast them constantly.

The throwing star that procs Produce Flame is also a lot more powerful than it was given credit in the LP, for the same reason.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Aishlinn posted:

Did you ever end up finding the ring of ice storms, or the dagger of terror? They are both very interesting..and gamebreaking items. El's drinker comes in at a close second, that vampiric healing is quite overpowered. (I mean really, would any GM ever allow such an item to be introduced into their game?)

No, I don't even know where those could possibly be. I screwed up with A'Poss and could have given him his heart. The king should have lived at the end (maybe it was there?) but I didnt want to replay the whole drat level.

I will show off my final gear setup soon.

Edit: Yes, apparently I have the ice storm ring. I also have the spell.

Edit2: The magic ninja star kind of sucks. 1d6 +1d3 fire damage? That's a max of 9 damage. I'd rather use a bow that gets two shots at 1d8. Add in +2 or +3 arrows, and I'm looking at a max of 22 damage with a bow.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 30, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Finishing this thing up.

We go back to T-city and are welcomed with open arms.

The thanks goes to the warriors.

Anyone die?

What did you do during the fight, generic fighter #1?

Good for you, I just killed a bunch of aliens, used a genie, and saved the world.

How's the crazy guy doing?

Blinded because there are no more visions, apparently.

Oh, you're gonna make me blush.

Where's the idiot savant, Chahl?

That's too bad. He was a good man.

Yes, I'd love to lead the town. It's me or the skeevy dude with an eyepatch.

You are drat right you'll prosper. I'm going to start a space-race with Draj. Any news of Draj?

Chuhl's daughter okay?

Did you see the shadow army I wished for?

What about you, eyepatch? How'd our city fare?

And our allies?

You got any plans, sketchy dude?

Good idea.

:siren:Back to Gedrom.:siren:

I don't even know this girls name.

Sorry I got your sister killed. In my defense, she was dumb as poo poo and went hand-to-hand as a mage. How has the town been?

Anything I can do to help?

You're right. I'm more of a face-puncher. Anything else going on?

So that's a no.

Gedron gov'na says hi.

I forgot to get this ally, I'm sure the huge scorpion would have been helpful in the final battle.

We are immediately ambushed and make short work of the Dune Reapers or whatever they are.

3 damage? You're the worst pet ever. Then he refuses to leave the red sands which makes him the double-worst pet ever.

How're the lizards doing?

Awesome, you gonna make babies now?

If you visit them after leaving the screen 2 or 3 more times they have babies but you never see them. They bury the eggs under the totem to hatch.

The druid doesn't do poo poo, same thing from like 10 side quests ago.

Huh, apparently I didn't trigger this specific thing when I was wandering back before the main battle.

Just a traveler. Did you hear how all the cities smashed the Draj army?

I'll be safe, thanks!

jk, time to die asholes.

Insect swarms are fightable. Those purple things.

Cerudlite city spams HAIL CHAMPION messages nonstop whenever I get close to a guard.

I try to kill the dude sleeping. I can't.

I move north to the place I rescued the mage girl, and immediately the drum circle breaks up and tries to kill me. I explain that I didn't technically kill the sacrifice, so it's not my fault.

They don't listen to logic.

And that about wraps it up.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 30, 2015

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Final loadout:

1d8+4 sword does great damage

Drake shield takes 1/2 fire damage and good AC.

Bow is pretty nice.

Constitution ring.

Ring that can dismiss creatures from other dimensions. Also he's wearing the +4 strength belt.

Kug has the vampire sword.

And another 1d8+2 sword in the off-hand.

Storm ring that Aishlinn mentioned that I never used.

Increases dexterity for better AC.

Free movement leather armor with good AC. This is what let Kug walk through web in the final battle.

Aishlinns bow. Great bow, plus acid arrow once in a while.

Badass sword that she never got to use. Slaying Man'Tiss used this up until we cloned the vampire sword for him to use. It's pretty badass. 1-3 fire damage, plus 2 per level of caster (which is 9). So 18 fire damage by default. If the ninja star is the same, then I completely overlooked it.

Increases Aishlinns Charisma.

Makes user impervious to arrows, which is invaluable to a caster.

Adds wisdom.

Cloned vampire sword. Used to be the flame damage sword from above.

Offhand gets a +1 sword.

Unused:

1d8+2, plus 4 to strength

1d6+ 1-10 detonate damage

Different axe, same stats as the other one.

Plus a shitload of stuff I sold. Bunch of 1d6+3 maces, 1d8+1 swords, basically every staff, maybe 10 rings, a half dozen necklaces...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The wrap-up post could use another readthrough for missing, duped and misplaced pics.

Are you going to LP the sequel?

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
:woop: Good job! Are you planning to do the others someone mentioned upthread?

e:f,b

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Xander77 posted:

The wrap-up post could use another readthrough for missing, duped and misplaced pics.

Are you going to LP the sequel?

Thanks, fixed 2 images, added some text.

I was trying to get the drat loadout post up, so I didn't proofread worth poo poo.

I might do the sequel, to be honest I didn't think too many people were reading this. The thread might have 4000 views, but pretty sure half of them are me posting, refreshing, fixing images, editing, posting more to get new pages.

If people want me to I'll do it. I know absolutely 0 about that game though, so it'll be even more amateurish than this one.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I never got very far in the sequel, but from what I did play I remember it not being as good as this one. DOSBox doesn't seem to run it very well. If you do decide to play it there are a couple things to be aware of. Earlier in the thread somebody mentioned that it has a glitch that makes the game unwinnable. It also apparently has a section where you need to turn the cycles down.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, there is a timed section and on modern CPUs it blows up before you can make it through a fraction of the section you're running through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am going to LP Earthsiege 2 next, I'll revisit these other 5 games in the future. Feel free to LP them yourselves and post here about (or PM me) it so I can find the thread!

Gotta take a break from the roleplaying games for a bit.

• Locked thread