Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korthal
May 26, 2011

Actually, I kind of want to own a console version of TF2 now just so I can play it in full 1.0.0 glory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
you'd actually ahve to buy a copy of the orange box. they never sold individaul copies of tf2. great thread, btw.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
ironically the 360 version of tf2 is probably better than the pc one now

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
That's real interesting. I never thought of it that way, OP.

*slowly reaches hand towards giant GAS button underneath desk*

Dec 26, 2012

keep the faith op

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I honestly had no idea there was a console version of TF2.

I don't think Valve knows either.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
ive had actual dreams about them updating the console version

for whatever reason the servers were p2p, so you could shut down the entire playerbase just by being better than the 3 guys with good enough internet to host games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Korthal posted:

Actually, I kind of want to own a console version of TF2 now just so I can play it in full 1.0.0 glory

TF2 on console is arguably better then what the PC version is now.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Pyro doesn't have airblast though

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
considering microsoft made u pay $50k every patch... lol the days of the 360

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

memy posted:

Pyro doesn't have airblast though

thats good

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
its very easy to gently caress with people online and use noclip if you do some save file editing

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
hell, some dudes hacked in a working payload map

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I said come in! posted:

why? whats wrong with the pc version?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Robot Randy posted:

hell, some dudes hacked in a working payload map

Cool

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Xaris posted:

why? whats wrong with the pc version?

Hats.

Mush Man
Jun 25, 2010

Nintendo announces Frolf means Frog Golf.
Oven Wrangler

They've never interfered with my gameplay experience though? :confused:

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
the problem with modern day tf2 is that my favorite server is no longer up and all the other ones are poo poo

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

It's TF2's arsenal that keeps me coming back. I mean, the Rocket Launcher, the Flame Thrower, the katana, the boxing gloves, the Sandvich, the Whiffle Ball bat, the Musket, the Fish Food gun, the Super Soaker, the revolver that shoots a flag that says BANG on it, the Laser Tag SMG, the Super Cap Gun, the Home Alone Talkboy, the Fart Bag, the Cello

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

the problem with modern day tf2 is that my favorite server is no longer up and all the other ones are poo poo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

TF2 used to be a beautifully simple game with a lot of nuance in how you could play it. Now it's a convoluted directionless mess.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Payload is loving trash. I stopped playing TF2 when the only CP server I could find that didn't have instant-spawn, tonnes of spies/snipers or a massive player limit also happened to be a furry server where people spray pictures of Fox McCloud sticking his dick in Sonic the Hedgehog.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

I said come in! posted:

id rather be hat hosed than play an fps using a controller

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014

Buck Turgidson posted:

Payload is loving trash. I stopped playing TF2 when the only CP server I could find that didn't have instant-spawn, tonnes of spies/snipers or a massive player limit also happened to be a furry server where people spray pictures of Fox McCloud sticking his dick in Sonic the Hedgehog.

You are gay.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Meat Recital posted:

id rather be hat hosed than play an fps using a controller

I'd rather stab my eyes out than read another post written by you

Herr Shitlord
May 2, 2008

I feel so much butter!
are there even servers still online for the orange box on xbox live

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Buck Turgidson posted:

Erm, what's the name of the server, haha. Not because I want to play on it, but only for uh, trolling purposes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
I own the Orange Box on PS3 and console TF2 is bad. It does not even have spray pictures of Fox McCloud sticking his dick in Sonic the Hedgehog, there is no reason to play it.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Always 2fort all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Its filled with hackers nowadays, OP

• Locked thread