Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doseku
Nov 9, 2009

So what am I getting into this time?
Glad you asked. Simply put this is a fighting game that has been created by the same guys that brought you Mortal Kombat bone breaker edition. It even has a companion comic series that serves as the game’s prequel.

Is this going to be anything like the other DC fighting game with Superman and Batman?
Oh. You mean Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. No, this game is better than that. Nether Realm studios is pretty good at making fighting games.

So what’s your plan then?
Easy enough. I plan to at least play through story mode. This is probably one of the few fighting games that I have played where I can make it all the way through. The story mode is one of the game’s strongest points. I don’t plan to 100% this because that isn’t possible for me but I do plan to show off what DLC this game has. Which just happens to be extra characters. The idea with them is to show off their various moves and then their super moves if possible. The DLC characters are not in the main game.

From there I plan to have at least a little fun with Online Multiplayer. If there is interest, I plan to schedule a time where a bunch of goons can get together and fight it out in game. Usually this will fall on a Saturday but I’ll post when beforehand the times. Mostly because I have to be able to make sure that Work won’t get in the way.

What’s going to happen if you have to go away for a while like last time?
Good Question. This time out I have a plan. Instead of just shutting the thread down like before I’m going to setup an AutoPilot LP. Basically I’ll already have another game ready to go that will release updates automatically and I’m going to have one of my friends post the video link in the thread in my stead. It won’t be of the main game but a different game which I hope will be short enough to be finished by the time I get back. I just don’t know what it is yet.

Spoiler Policy
Story wise if it hasn’t happened yet don’t talk about it.

Like the last game I would like to encourage Comic chat and show chat.

With that said. Let’s Start this thing.

VIDEOS:
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 01 - Arkham Break
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 02 - Ring Charge
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 03 - Atlantean Subterfuge
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 04 - A Night In Gotham
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 05 - Manor Brawl
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 06 - Misunderstandings
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 07 - On the Offensive
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 08 - Prison Escape
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 09 - Betrayal
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 10 - Escape
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 11 - Despot
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 12 - End Game
Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 13 - Story Finale

Doseku fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Reserved for character bios and such. Will be put in Later.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
okay cool sure

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It's time to see what horrible new place we ended up in.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
As someone who is the worst at fighting games, I really enjoyed this campaign for not being too mean to me. Also I like the super moves that take 10+ seconds.

In honor of this thread, have a tangentially related image because it's the best thing I've seen all day.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Small nerd derail, Green Lanterns are powered by will. I'm a big Lantern nerd, and Red Lanterns are my favorite aside from Orange.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Today we learn about the high counselor.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Have you considered post-commentary? You seem to be having some issue balancing paying attention to the game and actually saying what you want to say about it.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Going to second the need for post-commentary. Also this might seem petty, but if you're going to look at the move list mid-fight could you edit that part out?

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
I get what you mean and I will re-adjust it accordingly. Meanwhile let's spend a night in Gotham.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
It's Jennifer Hale!

I mean, Hawkgirl!

I just discovered that this was on PS Plus a while ago so I actually have this game. And, uh, I couldn't clear the tutorial.

Because the tutorial keeps on asking you to pull off moves and I have no clue what the hell the timing is and it sure doesn't feel like sharing.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Didn't know the PS version had forced tutorials. Wow. Don't worry though. I most likely wouldn't be able to clear the tutorial either.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Xenoveritas posted:

It's Jennifer Hale!

I mean, Hawkgirl!

I just discovered that this was on PS Plus a while ago so I actually have this game. And, uh, I couldn't clear the tutorial.

Because the tutorial keeps on asking you to pull off moves and I have no clue what the hell the timing is and it sure doesn't feel like sharing.

Wasn't that also Yahtzee's argument too? They added in a segment on "Bounce Canceling" that he couldn't figure out so he just button mashed until it got off and never used it again.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, the tutorial for this game was massively useless and frustrating.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
You can skip the tutorial. And, yes, bounce canceling is exactly where I gave up. I never could get it to trigger. I still don't know what the hell it is.

The tutorial basically shows you a sequence of buttons and tells you to do it. It doesn't show you the timing or explain anything about the requirements for doing it, so it took me a bit to realize that in order for "perform a high attack with Triangle" to count for the tutorial it actually had to hit. (I was expecting it would just want us to do the moves and not demand they all land successfully. I mean, it's a basic controls tutorial. We can move on to "being effective" after the basics.)

Queue "press Square, Square, Triangle to perform a String Attack." I still don't know the timing for that or what that means or how it's different from a combo. But I did manage to get all the way to Bounce Cancels before giving up.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Some folks just can't take jokes.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
...Okay, you asked why there are guards in the Wayne Manor even though Superman didn't know they were going there, but... The answer was in the cinematic that played at the start of the Green Arrow chapter: Superman's paranoid that Batman's still got something planned, so he's keeping guards in there to alert him when someone actually comes in.

Practically speaking, they weren't intended to be an actual opponent, but rather to buy time until his more trusted allies could investigate... You know, the turrets suddenly getting disabled, which probably set off an alert.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

...Okay, you asked why there are guards in the Wayne Manor even though Superman didn't know they were going there, but... The answer was in the cinematic that played at the start of the Green Arrow chapter: Superman's paranoid that Batman's still got something planned, so he's keeping guards in there to alert him when someone actually comes in.

Practically speaking, they weren't intended to be an actual opponent, but rather to buy time until his more trusted allies could investigate... You know, the turrets suddenly getting disabled, which probably set off an alert.

Yeah, Killer Frost and Solomon Grundy are the kind of C-list nobodies who might get stuck with guard duty.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
I see. I guess I never really though of it like that. I just thought that the sentries were the only things he put there other than the fence.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Today we learn that Cyborg has a wireless connection to all his vital parts.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I've watched the first episode.

I notice the 'evil' Superman in the one with red underpants of power.

Also thanks for standing around in the background while that whole fight was going on in the Watchtower, Martian Manhunter.

Also, god the VA for Joker's just plain bad.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Troy Baker is in this game and they didn't have him do the Joker? He knocked it out of the park in Arkham Origins. :psyduck:

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
I really didn't mind the jokers va in this game. But I can get where you are coming from. At least he isn't the joker from the red hood movie. That one always seemed a little off to me. But that may because I'm so used to Mark Hamill that anything that isn't him just sounds weird.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
It's time we rescued regular batman from evil superman.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Today we learn just how far Superman will go to stop dissent.

Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 09 - Betrayal

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alternate dimension Lex Luthor is a pretty cool guy.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Hell yeah he is. One of the few things I found interesting about this alternate dimension is that outside of Luthor noone is really different than their prime counterparts. He's the only one that seems to follow what alternate dimension characters are usually like by being the good version of Lex. The other superheroes only became evil because they are forced to toe the line, otherwise they would have been the same as their "duplicates".

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I would have liked a Red Son-esque characterization that he wants to work for the betterment of all mankind... but he also loving hates Superman.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011
So for those keeping score: Yes, Superman did just up and murdered a sixteen year old kid by eye-lasering his brain, just for saying that maybe leveling two major inhabited cities is going a bit far after subjugating the entire planet.

... And Barry is the only one who has any kind of problem with it.

I also like how Lex managed a victory out of defeat, in a quintessential Lex Luthor way:

"I'll destroy you even if it costs me my life. I'll expose you as the threat to all of humanity you are."

Mission accomplished, Lex.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Just to give a heads up. Real life commitments have finally caught back up with me and I'm going to have to step out for who knows how long. So from here on I'll be switching the LP over to auto pilot. Basically what that will mean is that one of my buddies will be posting the video links in my stead until I get back. The plan is to finish out story mode then when I get back I'll show off various game characters along with the dlc characters.

The new update schedule will now be once a week or once every couple weeks depending on how much of the story remains.
However that all depends on if my work schedule holds to what I'm told it was. It has already changed at least twice in the past couple days and the first change was for the worse.

I thank you guys for your patience and hope you are enjoying what's been put out so far.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

kaosdrachen posted:

So for those keeping score: Yes, Superman did just up and murdered a sixteen year old kid by eye-lasering his brain, just for saying that maybe leveling two major inhabited cities is going a bit far after subjugating the entire planet.

I also like how Lex managed a victory out of defeat, in a quintessential Lex Luthor way:

"I'll destroy you even if it costs me my life. I'll expose you as the threat to all of humanity you are."

Also, going by the tie-in comics: He critically wounded Superboy (who felt he was overstepping things, back when he'd only recently killed Joker and went to try and find the Phantom Zone Projector, so that there'd be no way for him to get help in time and then essentially blackmailed the other Titans who went with him-not Cyborg, Raven or Nightwing, who were elsewhere-into going into exile with Superboy into the Phantom Zone, as that was the only way to save him. And nobody else knew about it.
Superman is a dick.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
In today's Episode we see what happens when someone tries to leave the one earth government.

Injustice Gods Among Us: Episode 10 - Escape

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Are all the characters you fight in single-player going to have their own chapter, or are there some who don't? I'm kind of sad Shazam died before he could be a protag.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

kaosdrachen posted:

I feel the need to point out that not-quite-evil Lex like that also turned up in the DCU Online game where he came back in time to prevent Braniac from taking control, and "Marshalled the forces of man" by leveling a few cities to imbue people with superpowers.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Well it seems like my plan has failed me. haha. Oh well, it happens.
So without further ado I present the rest of the main game. When I do actually come back from my business trip I'll be moving into the extra bits of the game. Thanks for your patience.
Episode 11: Despot
Episode 12: End Game
Episode 13: Story Finale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
Just to give a heads up I plan on getting an update out this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

• Locked thread