Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coathat
May 21, 2007

You go girl! Way to win the Manga Taisho award.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-03-24/akiko-higashimura-kakukaku-shikajika-wins-8th-manga-taisho-award/.86315

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:toot:

Some good stuff in the finalist list as well.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

congrats to the princess jellyfish lady

Everything Burrito posted:

yea ballroom e youkoso has been in the finals for like 3 years now and only like 8 chapters have been translated. im salty.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also congratulations on being the prettiest mangaka

coathat
May 21, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

Somehow the best one ended up with the least votes

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

on that finalist list i have only read what's translated of ballroom (its amazing), the deaf story (its meh), nozaki (good), the wizard bride one (it s bad but im sure people like it because it has a 13 year old girl in a leash and collar get bought by the mysterious wizard at a slave auction and then he brings her back to his magic house where he is going to train her to be a wizard/his child wife also she's powerful or something???)

----------------

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

the wizard bride one (it s bad but im sure people like it because it has a 13 year old girl in a leash and collar get bought by the mysterious wizard at a slave auction and then he brings her back to his magic house where he is going to train her to be a wizard/his child wife also she's powerful or something???)

The art's really nice and the wizard is a horrible skull monster.

I've read Kasane, or rather, what's available online. The premise is interesting and the art's pretty good, but no one seems to consistently translate it.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

on that finalist list i have only read what's translated of ballroom (its amazing), the deaf story (its meh), nozaki (good), the wizard bride one (it s bad but im sure people like it because it has a 13 year old girl in a leash and collar get bought by the mysterious wizard at a slave auction and then he brings her back to his magic house where he is going to train her to be a wizard/his child wife also she's powerful or something???)

is that the ancient magus bride

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

aers posted:

is that the ancient magus bride

yea

----------------

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I'm glad she won the prize, because I like her and maybe she sees this post some day and draws a picture of me in my black speedos.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Congrats

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I hope the ballroom mangaka wins the next one

coathat
May 21, 2007

If Sunny by Matsumoto Taiyou dosent win next year I'll be pissed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

coathat posted:

If Sunny by Matsumoto Taiyou dosent win next year I'll be pissed.

Does the fact that it wasn't even nominated for this year's prize mean there's a low chance of it winning next year, or was there some reason it couldn't be nominated?

• Locked thread