Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Surprisingly Dope posted:

I think they could have made the fight pacing better.

That I agree with. Pacing was a real weak spot for this adaption.

But we got Suwabe and his smooth dulcet tones, I say this is still a plus.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh yeah! Yeah!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Classics of Meme.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Someone said to watch Carnival Phantasm after this and well,

it is amazing.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Doesent Carnival Phantasm have some heavens feel and hollow ataraxia spoilers?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sydnesider posted:

Someone said to watch Carnival Phantasm after this and well,

it is amazing.
Most of the rest of it is good but that is easily the best episode.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Like, the very first eyecatch of the series is major Heavens Feel spoilers. They assume you're coming in at 100%.

The Holy Grail Grand Prix episode is spoiler-free though, and one of the best in the series. Go ahead and watch it now.

e: unless you consider it spoilers that Rider is cute

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 20, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It was kind of strange that for the Tsukihime portion, they focused on the Melty Blood setting instead of...well...Tsukihime.

All the best parts were Fate references. The Holy Grail Grand Prix really was the best episode of the series with Safari Saber, Red Saber, and Goth Loli Maid Waitress Saber Alter as runner ups. (And I don't even like Saber. :gonk: )

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

It was kind of strange that for the Tsukihime portion, they focused on the Melty Blood setting instead of...well...Tsukihime.

Pretty much all Type-Moon's attempts to get comedy out of the Tsukihime characters don't really work. Kohaku is too :smith: to be funny, so they essentially turn her into a completely different (and annoying) character. Ciel's obsession with curry gets run into the ground. Hisui ends up being a straight man to Kohaku when they aren't running with a joke based on a typo. Shiki barely has a personality, so he gets used for obvious jokes about harem leads.

The fundamental problem is the same reason the serious post-Tsukihime plotlines tend not to work: the Tsukihime characters are too closely tied to the story they're in. and just seem shallow when taken out of it.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

So apparently the first cour of UBW is available on Netflix now, both subbed and dubbed. I don't currently have access to a Netflix account, but can someone who does check out whether its as bad as the AX preview made it sound like it is? Heard it isn't. but I'd rather have more opinions on that.

• Locked thread