Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I are redoing our bathroom on a budget. We decided on a color:

... with white vanity, medicine cabinet, and trim. The floor is sand colored lino.

Now we're fighting over shower curtains. I found a set that I like, but my girlfriend is "meh" about them and isn't sure if they'll match the paint:

Opinions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

No

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
no

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
If that combo came up in a video game I would assume there was a glitch or that it indicated I had entered a culture of people who like jarring clashes.

I'm sorry this is the only way I know how to evaluate decor.

Edit: Also more of an e/n post really.

SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009
That color gold is not going to go with the sand colored floor at all.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
that will look like poo poo just trust your girlfriend in these matters

horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
you are better off with a light green or red. i would not choose white, black, grey, yellow, or blue.

martyrdumb
Nov 24, 2009

pants are overrated
No. Are you color blind perchance? You could walk into Walmart and find 5-10 curtains in 30 seconds that would look better than the one you picked.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not really. The stripes are too similar to the wall color.

More importantly however those curtains are loving ugly. Why would you buy curtains made from Darren McGavin's wardrobe from that old Kolchak series?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The color is way too saturated. Lighter colors need less saturation, darker colors can stand more saturation, but still do better with less. Tan and blue don't go either, but if your set on blue, this isn't the shade.

What your planning is this:

But you should be going for something more neutral like this:

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The color is way too saturated. Lighter colors need less saturation, darker colors can stand more saturation, but still do better with less. Tan and blue don't go either, but if your set on blue, this isn't the shade.

What the everloving gently caress...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Can somebody please make an entire thread for decorating stuff like this? I've always fancied myself as a decent decorator but I found myself almost agreeing with the OP here. Now I feel like a catchall Decorating Questions Megathread would have a whole drat lot to teach me.

EDIT:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That is a really drat funny place for a bathtub to go. Right next to two big ground-level windows, with no blinds or curtains on them.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 6, 2015

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

My girlfriend and I are redoing our bathroom on a budget. We decided on a color:

... with white vanity, medicine cabinet, and trim. The floor is sand colored lino.

Now we're fighting over shower curtains. I found a set that I like, but my girlfriend is "meh" about them and isn't sure if they'll match the paint:

Opinions?

The navy in the curtains clashes with the blue of the paint, and they probably won't look good with the floor. Also the pattern looks like a pair of cheap men's pajama pants. Consider matching the shower curtains with the floor, though "sand-colored" can mean a lot of things. Can you find something in a light peach color, maybe? Or silver possibly.

Also seconding someone making a Decorating Questions Megathread.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is this just good photoshop skills or is there some kind of program/site for this?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Sigma-X posted:

that will look like poo poo just trust your girlfriend in these matters

this is the best advice you will get in this thread

even if you win the argument and put up your hideous shower curtain she will resent you for it literally every time she walks in that room and sees it, just let this one go

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dramatika posted:

this is the best advice you will get in this thread

even if you win the argument and put up your hideous shower curtain she will resent you for it literally every time she walks in that room and sees it, just let this one go

The same could be said for me and I'm a dude, just for the record.

(Seriously though, somebody please make a decorating megathread.)

Amber Atkins Again
Sep 10, 2014

If they ask you to take your top off, get the money first.

Darth Freddy posted:

Is this just good photoshop skills or is there some kind of program/site for this?

I am also curious about this.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

you forgot the mirror thanks for nothing you useless loving hack

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Amber Atkins Again posted:

I am also curious about this.

he basically just upped/reduced the contrast of the blues and gave a yellow tint to the floor

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
you should projectile vomit all over the walls and then set the vomit on fire

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

(Seriously though, somebody please make a decorating megathread.)

I wouldn't object, I'm worse than useless at figuring this poo poo out. Luckily I'm a bachelor; unluckily it means my apartment looks like a hellhole :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Darth Freddy posted:

It has to be a program/site for picking paint colors and such. Nobody is dumb enough to put a bathtub THERE of all places, unless they're an exhibitionist or something. Even Grover couldn't be that dumb.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Can somebody please make an entire thread for decorating stuff like this? I've always fancied myself as a decent decorator but I found myself almost agreeing with the OP here. Now I feel like a catchall Decorating Questions Megathread would have a whole drat lot to teach me.

EDIT:

That is a really drat funny place for a bathtub to go. Right next to two big ground-level windows, with no blinds or curtains on them.

This really looks like it's on the second story to me, given how low in the window the other houses/trees are. Should still put some blinds up, though.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

It has to be a program/site for picking paint colors and such. Nobody is dumb enough to put a bathtub THERE of all places, unless they're an exhibitionist or something. Even Grover couldn't be that dumb.

Friend of mine had an upstairs bathroom where the toilet was next to the 3/4 length window which, bizarrely, had non-opaque glass.

Even more bizarrely, they didn't put any blinds/curtains up.

Apparently, they found it very therapeutic to sit there and survey the landscape of the surrounding village.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

It was just an image I grabbed off the net and then tweaked in Photoshop.

Maybe the person who actually lives there has curtains, but they took them down for the photoshoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It was just an image I grabbed off the net and then tweaked in Photoshop.

Maybe the person who actually lives there has curtains, but they took them down for the photoshoot.

I guess that would make sense if the tub is only being used for baths. There's a detachable shower-head next to the faucet, but it doesn't look like there's any place to put it for an actual standing-up shower.

• Locked thread