Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
I have a slightly bent mini SD card. It was sticking out of my laptop and it got bumped. The Gopro won't recognize it but the laptop does but I can't get at the cool pics and movies I made so I'm bummed. Can I dissect it and put it in a flat card or am I just hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
It sounds like you just damaged the wires inside the plastic card running between the chips and connectors, not any of the actual chips, which is good. Depending on how important the card is to you, you might be able to carefully bend it back enough for the wires to make solid contact and let you copy off the data. Obviously that risks breaking it further, but if you're not considering paying a professional it is probably your only shot. I have done this successfully with USB flash drives.

• Locked thread