Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

maybe sedanchair's privy to something we aren't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

shrike82 posted:

The experience of not taking one's psych meds?

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

shrike82 posted:

Amassing thousands of posts without ever having typed more than a single sentence in any of them? Freezing one's face in a perpetual sneer? Auto-fellatio? The most awesome wiggery in the history of wiggertude?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TheImmigrant posted:

The most awesome wiggery in the history of wiggertude?

Uhhhh... That'd be pretty impressive considering he isn't white.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Uhhhh... That'd be pretty impressive considering he isn't white.

Cool! Instant Internet Gravitas!

I'm 6'9".

Amos Moses
Oct 13, 2012

by Ralp
As a proud black woman who gender identifies as a Nintendo 64 I'm an expert on race relations furthermore

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

TheImmigrant posted:

Amassing thousands of posts without ever having typed more than a single sentence in any of them? Freezing one's face in a perpetual sneer? Auto-fellatio? The most awesome wiggery in the history of wiggertude?

Are you mad that someone might be stealing your gig of changing races and sexuality whenever it's convenient for your argument?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Basically the lesson I am getting from all of this is that messing with organ allocation on a case-by-case basis is a terrible idea, and that it's better for a person to lose out to the system (which is at least designed to be as fair as they can make it) than to lose out because of individual case level interference.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Basically the lesson I am getting from all of this is that messing with organ allocation on a case-by-case basis is a terrible idea, and that it's better for a person to lose out to the system (which is at least designed to be as fair as they can make it) than to lose out because of individual case level interference.

Is that the lesson?

If things had turned out the other way*, would we say that the lesson to be learned is that public pressure and media campaigns to mess with organ allocation on a case-by-case basis is a good idea?

*Assuming we even heard about it, which we probably wouldn't since "another year passes and teen doesn't go on a crime spree" isn't headline news

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think the lesson we have learned is poo poo happens and sometimes poo poo doesn't work out.

Wait the Immigrant is posting here? lol.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 5, 2015

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

TheImmigrant posted:

I defer to Che Brigadistas on issues of Doctrine.

Ok, I don't want to be a racist, but I don't want to loathe myself either. Do you think if I look in the mirror and sigh in disappointment every now and then I'll achieve a healthy balance?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think the lesson we have learned is poo poo happens and sometimes poo poo doesn't work out.

Yes.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait the Immigrant is posting here? lol.

Well maybe there's one or two more lessons in here.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

TheImmigrant posted:

black people don't actually exist!

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I'm glad the mods are taking a hands off approach to this thread, it's really making a big difference

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes. Although I would go further and say that even when everyone is acting in the way they think is the best way to advance a good cause things can still end up going to poo poo.

Seriously, nobody did anything particularly heinous: the kid's parents did what any good parents would do in their situation, the activists tried to correct what they felt was an injustice, the hospital tried to navigate a goddamned minefield as best they could by first denying a questionable patient for legitimate reasons (non-compliance with medication) and then reconsidering that decision in the wake of new factors (public outcry and the kid apparently complying fully with the medication requirements), and the kid straightened up and complied with the medical requirements for the transplant.

If the kid hadn't gone back to being a shitass thug rear end in a top hat after the transplant this would've been a non-story. But he did, and since this isn't loving Minority Report or whatever, that sort of thing happens. Sucks for anyone who didn't get a heart because of this kid seeming to straighten up and fly right only to go back to being a junior dickhole gangsta, and it sucks for anyone who suffers from the fallout of this story in future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Good job everybody, we solved it

• Locked thread