Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
i too have a robust backend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

PleasureKevin posted:

i don't see this news anywhere on the site and everything looks the same

it's being rolled out gradually because of reasons

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Dr. Honked posted:

it's being rolled out gradually because of reasons

gradual roll-out of a beta for an invite-only social site that's also still in beta

it's gradual roll-out invite-only betas all the way down

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
mega mega ello~

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Jonny 290 posted:

i have a buddy that works over at ello, they're spendin monaaaaaaay

yosbbs is basically going to be ello with all the superfluous bullshit stripped out

will yosbbs ever be permanently up because at this rate it's the only social network worth a drat

yup they have 11 million dollars in vc but

quote:

Ello is a Public Benefit Corporation, with a legal obligation to never display paid third party advertising, sell user data to a third party, or sell our company to anyone that would ever do any of those things.

so we'll see how long that lasts

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Yo!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the only other "public benefit corporations" in american are transportation authorities http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-benefit_corporation#United_States

anyway, dog kennel lady etc

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Jonny 290 posted:

i have a buddy that works over at ello, they're spendin monaaaaaaay
mostly on cocaine, i home

quote:

yosbbs is basically going to be ello with all the superfluous bullshit stripped out
i thought the point of yosbbs was that it was mostly superfluous bullshit

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really want some VC money. Let's band together and make it happen

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Valeyard posted:

I really want some VC money. Let's band together and make it happen

did you implement my search engine ideas

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
well I got ello v2 rolled out to me & if you're post is too short it just cuts off your avatar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how is it so

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

well I got ello v2 rolled out to me & if you're post is too short it just cuts off your avatar

:shepface:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
ello v2 is unusable garbage just like v1

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

well the buttons are still illegible with whacky animations and the discover page is slow as hell

whatever it's good ok i guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

horse mans posted:

will yosbbs ever be permanently up because at this rate it's the only social network worth a drat

yep, by my normal september depression phase, it'll be ready to be permanent and will have all the games and a social feed and all that poo poo its gonna be hilarious

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

yep, by my normal september depression phase, it'll be ready to be permanent and will have all the games and a social feed and all that poo poo its gonna be hilarious

awesome

and i totally understand the depression phase thing, it's super neat how i'll spend a week or two manic as gently caress and diving into source code or trying to ascend in crawl and then dropping it on the floor for a month

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

We’ve even added CodePen support, so developers & hobbyists can embed short programs right in their Ello stream.

Is that just syntax highlighting in your stream, or are they actually letting you run arbitrary stuff ?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

jre posted:

Is that just syntax highlighting in your stream, or are they actually letting you run arbitrary stuff ?

Well, I managed to brute force dozens of valid invite codes using a 3 line function and /usr/share/dict/words with their invite code api in under a minute so...

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

emoji posted:

Well, I managed to brute force dozens of valid invite codes using a 3 line function and /usr/share/dict/words with their invite code api in under a minute so...

:owned:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

emoji posted:

lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you passed the test, expect a job offer from then any time now

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

emoji posted:

that was so good

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i think pictures are way too big now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

emoji posted:

drat

• Locked thread