Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
Finale episode out now!
We're actually going to finish Beyond Good and Evil during this episode (which I didn't expect during the time of recording).
After reaching the transmitter main station we are finally able to broadcast all of our pictures on all the televisions on Hillys. They actually use the pictures you took so you get to see your own pictures on the big screen which is a really sweet detail.
After that we directly go into two boss fights. First against the general of the Alpha Section inside his gigantic spider-ship which looks really badass. The fight ends up being nothing but an on- rail -shooter which makes using the Neutralizing Cannon super easy and thus the entire fight is rather simplistic.
After that we finally get to fight the leader of the DomZ. He has multiple phases but there's only one (the fight on the platform against him) which can cause you trouble if you don't understand what you need to do. Other than that it's simply avoiding his attacks, killing the smaller Domz and illusions and shooting some gyrodiscs at the boss whenever he has no protection.
The ending is kind of odd, we have absolutely no idea about Jade's past which actually seems to be important and also the DomZ leader, who's probably rather important, simply exists to have a big bossfight at the end of the game. Atleast that what it seems to me.
Anyways hope you guys enjoyed the game. By the way at the end is little cliffhanger which could be inspired in Beyond Good and Evil 2 (if it ever comes out)

SSNeoman posted:

The moon base is a bit disappointing. After the fairly lengthy slaughterhouse these hallways and backtracking are really boring.
The ending in general is kind of odd. There's a couple of things that just suddenly happen without any real explanations.
It seems like the game was supposed to be part of a bigger series but without any sequels that might explain a thing or two the ending is rather disappointing.

Edit:Just realised that I was missing out on 5 Mdisks. Just in case anybody wants to know what those disks contain:
9. IRIS 511 - An early, lackluster report from before you arrived. Pick it up in Ming-Tzu's backroom.
10. IRIS 512 - Another early report. Pick it up in Ming-Tzu's backroom.
11. IRIS 513 - Your finished report on the Nutripils factory. Pick it up from Ming-Tzu's backroom.
12. IRIS 514 - Your finished report on the slaughterhouse. Pick it up from Ming-Tzu's backroom.
13. Disc Game - On http://beyond-good-and-evil.ubi.com/beyond-good-and-evil-hd/..., you can enter the "Internet Code" given when you save your game. Not only does it include you in a leaderboard depending on your in-game stats, but it also give you a code to get the disc from the jukebox and play Francis' disc game online. This code is unique to each player.

Apepresident fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh poo poo I forgot the part with Secundo :allears:
And yeah I was clawing at my screen for you to take those PA-1's from Pey'j (at least) and Double H.

The DomZ High Priest is a spike in difficulty compared to the rest of the game. He's not that bad once you know what to do, but for a first timer he can be really rough.
You noticed that you can use the false Pey'js to destroy the crystals, but you can also use him to hit the Priest as well. In fact, just one Pey'j is enough to end that phase :fuckoff:

His hardest move is definitely his teleportation strikes. They give you no room for error and you can potentially get stun-locked for a few hits. This sucks because his attacks loving HURT OW.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I get the feeling the ending was supposed to be overwhelming and confusing, since we've had a lot of this game locked to Jade's perspective, and she can barely understand what's happening to her body right now.

I mean, was she once that giant robed alien that gives her space high-fives at the end? Apparently she's been taken away from the DomZ and passed around for centuries, with Pey'j and the rouge AI in her space backpack her current custodians, and I would lay even money on her not actually being a hominid originally. But you can't take a selfie and send it to the Science Center so there's no way to know for sure.

What matters right now is that she has the will and the staff to pry these kidnapping assholes the hell off of her planet. Everything else... well, Pey'j is kind to need a new antidote at some point, and IRIS are probably a galactic organization or at least have galactic connections to get him one. And they're going to go all guerilla activist on some whole other planet, I'd bet, but that's a story for later.

• Locked thread