Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enophos
Feb 29, 2008
After joining the U.S. Army 15 years ago and serving in Iraq and Afghanistan I am being Medboarded for Depression, Anxiety, and PTSD - I will get pension for my problems. I want to encourage anyone suffering deployment related issues to go to Combat Stress or Behavioral Health. Before 2014 I did not admit to any problems, even though I have social and emotional issues, since I feared I would get kicked out and render my years of service null and void. The VA has been helpful in diagnosing my current health problems and providing financial support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Enophos posted:

The VA has been helpful in diagnosing my current health problems and providing financial support.

The exact opposite has been true for me. gently caress the VA.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
the va has been p cool for me :shrug:

ymmv

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Some VAs are different than other VAs. Some hire rockstars and others do not. You won't know til you ask for help. There are organizations that specifically help veterans who aren't getting fair treatment from the VA. Many people in these forums can help with finding the right resource. People are out there willing to work to get you what you need/deserve, but you have to ask, and you will probably have to repeat your story a few times, and you will probably get frustrated. If you quit, the result is predictable. Don't quit. Comes bitch in hangouts with us, but don't quit.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Very glad it helped you out OP. I like hearing about the system actually working for people sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah, I had no issues when I filed. Went through some organization that did a "fully developed claim". Sent me to a shrink and she said I was crazy enough for 50%. Nice knowing that no matter what, rent is covered. This was also 3 years ago, so maybe they weren't as backlogged then.

• Locked thread