Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Symphony of the Night is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE to me because I can't remap the buttons on a Backbone ... it would be so perfect otherwise. (I think it's literally just one stupid mapping for the ... map ... that annoys the poo poo out of me, like touching the right-analogue stick activates it, in addition to the regular 'select' button.)

What's the issue with Slay the Spire ... I've put 600+ hours into it on Android (and 200 before that) and never had an issue with dragging the cards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

teethgrinder posted:

Symphony of the Night is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE to me because I can't remap the buttons on a Backbone ... it would be so perfect otherwise. (I think it's literally just one stupid mapping for the ... map ... that annoys the poo poo out of me, like touching the right-analogue stick activates it, in addition to the regular 'select' button.)

What's the issue with Slay the Spire ... I've put 600+ hours into it on Android (and 200 before that) and never had an issue with dragging the cards...

Galaxy S22 Ultra here, and card dragging is definitely bugged out in Slay the Spire. Touch a card, maybe to see what it does, I don't remember the exact circumstances, and it gets stuck in your "hand". You can wiggle it around and maybe it'll let you drop it, but there's a 95% chance you're stuck having to play that card even if it looks like you're going to drop it back into your hand of cards.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had many of the same issues with STS on android, so many cards played that I didn't intend to because the game thought I was trying to play something when I just wanted to get a closer look at the card. I stopped playing it because it was too frustrating to have a run go to poo poo because it wasn't clear if you were going to examine a card or play it. Felt like a pretty lovely port imo because the whole game was just shrunk down with no real changes to the UI or font so on top of the card issues I was doing a lot of squinting to read stuff (which led to the aforementioned accidental playing of cards that I needed to get a closer look at)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm sorry, that sucks. Literally never had that happen.

On my OP9, the camera cutout was over the button to see what's remaining in your deck which was annoying. It would weirdly still activate if I poked at it enough, so I didn't generally bother enabling rotation to 180 degree the screen.

... but even on an OP12 where it's not covered, it's still weirdly really difficult to activate.

Also on the 9 a lot of enemy status effects were covered by the foreground, but I believe if I tapped on the enemy itself I'd get a tooltip showing what was active.

There were a bunch of universal Android issues with the map in recent updates, but those finally seem to have been smoothed out. It's still a tad crash-prone when multitasking, but not as bad as it has been. It's mitigated by no longer having that minute+ sync on launch.

lovely some people can't drag cards properly. Is it possible Samsung has some kind of assist feature interfering?

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Wildfrost is coming to iOS and Android on the 11th

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

teethgrinder posted:

You have been doomed ever since you lost the ability to love

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Lowness 72 posted:

Wildfrost is coming to iOS and Android on the 11th

I honestly felt it was quite meh.

Loop Hero comes out at the end of the month, and then I just need Balatro and I'm set.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Suika Game on Android! Good price and no ads or microtransactions.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

Suika Game on Android! Good price and no ads or microtransactions.

Huh, I've been playing this one for months and had no idea it was a ripoff

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.superbox.aos.suikagame

Edit: now that I look at the app ID, I'm even more confused.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that superbox company appears to all be ripoffs, idk what to tell you

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I had that one too looking for a mobile fix, that one only uses spheres. I think the real Suika game has some shape elements like the grapes and strawberries.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just lost my best run so far due to a pineapple launching a grape into high orbit.

ngl I'm a little tilted right now

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I can tell it is made by a serious company, because it is not available in my country.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Minion Masters is finally out on android!!

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
A new Warcraft Rumble season starts today and brings a new mini as well as the Darkmoon Faire.

Here are some screenshots of the new stuff:

Patch notes
Season 5 info
Darkmoon Faire info

We have a guild (GoonSquadTwo) that is currently full but I can kick some inactives if anyone wants to join!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Is anyone still playing Tingus Goose? I went to reinstall and there were a bunch of negative reviews about the recent patch. What did they break?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Not sure if its the most recent patch but the game is an absolute chore right now. The neck grows very slowly and they limit you to 6 hours of queued growth at a time BUT of course you can watch ads to fast forward or buy an unlock to 12. Basically they crammed it full of annoyances to drive people to spend money.

I still have one unseen blossom in the rave party category so I poke at it from time to time but there are far better uses of time out there.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sooo not worth revisiting? I found another game I really like but it's SWIMMING in ads. I'd give good money for an ad free version but no dice.

Jows
May 8, 2002

Is it one you can start in airplane mode?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah but I don't want to have to every time. It's called Fisher Fish and it's pretty entertaining. I just fired it up for the first time in a while and it feels better than it did last week. Maybe they changed it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zzoo.aos.humanfish

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

New Leaf posted:

Sooo not worth revisiting? I found another game I really like but it's SWIMMING in ads. I'd give good money for an ad free version but no dice.

I went and read the reviews and it sounds like the patch removed the ability to move blossoms and also reset progress. Quite the choice the devs made! For some reason mine hasn't updated yet

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Horn posted:

I went and read the reviews and it sounds like the patch removed the ability to move blossoms and also reset progress. Quite the choice the devs made! For some reason mine hasn't updated yet

They likely sold the game to get a payout, and the new owner is trying to drive up spend per user.

RandExt
Jun 1, 2023
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twinworld.survivor.games.paid.gp

Extremely strange game, it's a $3 survivors-like parody of P2W games and all of the "paid" content in the game is unlocked by playing and "hacking" into it. Bizarre writing and some grammar issues, but I find it charming.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been enjoying Match Collector, it's a match 3 with a very simple design. There are ads but there's no IAP as far as I can tell.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.staplegames.matchcollector

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Another event is live in Warcraft Rumble: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warcraftrumble/24081861/collect-all-the-shinies-in-blingtron-s-bounties

This one is a solo event, but we could definitely use some new members in GoonSquadTwo (search it in the guild list)!

This is a good F2P-while-pooping game. I get most of my playtime in while pooping, honestly. I ain't afraid to admit it.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

RandExt posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twinworld.survivor.games.paid.gp

Extremely strange game, it's a $3 survivors-like parody of P2W games and all of the "paid" content in the game is unlocked by playing and "hacking" into it. Bizarre writing and some grammar issues, but I find it charming.

Hah, thanks for this, dropped the $3 solely on the premise. Plus because it's a straight purchase it's in the family library so the SO can try it too. And I should be able to install it on the degoogled handheld with Aurora!

Edit: On first run though it popped open a request to be able to make and receive phone calls (???) so hopefully I didn't just make a huge mistake.

vv Yeah it seems fine as far as I can tell. And I'm really enjoying the game! It's kinda hilarious, it drops a couple different 'premium' currencies and then gives you a bunch of 'hacker' coins that you can immediately use to get neigh-infinite of the other two currencies, buying a bunch of upgrades up to the things that are locked behind progression. Only done the first two acts so far but the game is silly easy after doing that.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 25, 2024

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I can't remember what permission it is but one of the weirdly unrelated permissions does that, so it's probably just that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
in one version of android you needed to ask that permission to be able to auto-pause the game when the phone rings
i thought they improved it though