Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

come on you know you have to only get one :ssj: WHICH ONE DO YOU PICK :ssj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08dbXQFyOLI

are you ready to race like a big boy?

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

burnout

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

yeah im psyched for need for speed hot pursuit too, i cant wait to be a cop and do takedowns on cars

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn6INqP6Cow
loving hell look at the things blow up

Stink fag
Aug 21, 2014
poo poo/Fecund

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Split/Second is the correct answer op

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

motorstorm apocalypse

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Penny Racers for the Nintendo 64

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Penny Racers for the Nintendo 64

Wrong, the correct answer was Snowboard Kids.

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

the pc port of split/second is really bad, or so i've heard. which sucks, because the game looks fun.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

liquid courage posted:

the pc port of split/second is really bad, or so i've heard. which sucks, because the game looks fun.
It's a terrible port but I played that port to completion and I'll never regret that. Just get through the tutorial, then up the music and turn down the sound effects and you'll be fine. There's controller support but no native 360 controller bindings so you'll have to deal with that. Also, someone managed to unlock the framerate, which kills the car physics.

The sound files are all kept in default FMOD containers, so you might be able to mess with those to put in something more fun than the mindless soundtrack. The dynamic soundtrack system is pretty neat but most of the tunes are forgettable.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 5, 2015

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
The only thing I remember about split second is that that AI rubberbanded so hard mario kart would be embarrassed. So, Blur.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Pretty much. Only good thing I can say about the port is that the 30 FPS framerate is stable.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Great Joe posted:

Pretty much. Only good thing I can say about the port is that the 30 FPS framerate is stable.

The worst part about consoles being extremely underpowered compared to PCs is that it makes developers super, super lazy.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

The worst part about consoles being extremely underpowered compared to PCs is that it makes developers super, super lazy.
Before the Steam release only Brits were allowed to download it legally, and then only from GameFly.

This is the game that killed Black Rock Studio, by the way.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im really excited for 200cc in mario kart 8

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Hi-Octane

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

elf help book posted:

im really excited for 200cc in mario kart 8
Finally, Mario Kart will approach the greatness that is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Great Joe posted:

Finally, Mario Kart will approach the greatness that is Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed.

wow youre stupid, good to know

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Great Joe posted:

i hate you so much it might actually kill you

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's too bad Nintendo put time and money into fixing Mario Kart instead of being smart and making a new F-Zero.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Great Joe posted:

It's too bad Nintendo put time and money into fixing Mario Kart instead of being smart and making a new F-Zero.

Or any number of other franchises that they've chosen to neglect. Pilotwings, Wave Race, Star Fox, Metroid, Custom Robo.

At least they claim to be making a new Star Fox.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

None of those franchises have an entry as good as F-Zero GX, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There has only ever been one, maybe 2 good Star Fox games and for some reason people still want Nintendo to make more of them.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

There has only ever been one, maybe 2 good Star Fox games and for some reason people still want Nintendo to make more of them.

elf help book posted:

wow youre stupid, good to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Sorry you can't handle the truth, mr. robot

• Locked thread