Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Welcome to my Let's Play of The Colonel's Bequest (Laura Bow 1)

In this Let's Play we will be going for "Super Sleuth" , which means you must see almost EVERYTHING happen and must completely fill out the notebook. Any thing missed will cause you to not get the SS ranking.

This video walkthrough will show every scene that you must see, pick up every item and find the secret civil war treasure.

This is a brief character sheet. It will give info on some of the characters.

During the game you must tread carefully as snooping in the wrong places can kill you...so make sure to save often.

This is also a parser system game, so you must type verbs such as "Talk" "look" "examine" "push" "Pull" "ask" "take" etc... in order for Laura to do anything. The mouse is really only to move the character and I don't recommend using it.

This first video is pretty basic. It explains the game and the clock...which changes at 15 minute intervals until the hour, which will then change to the next Act on the hour. There are 8 acts.

Certain things you see will change the time...see too many things that can change the time and you'll move on...not all important info is gotten from time changing events so be careful.

We start out in Tulane University and are asked by our flapper girl friend Lillian to go to her Uncle's mansion and keep her company. You agree and two days later meet all of the people who could get Uncle Henri's fortune...which gives a TON of motive for death!

Here is the video section. Each video will be an Act.

Part 1 - Intro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Alright, so I love this game, and you seem to have a good dynamic with your co-host. Points for that!

I could have done without 10 minutes of you reading the booklet, please stop reading all the dialogue boxes, and for the love of all that's holy please stop doing screechy women's voices.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Bacter posted:

Alright, so I love this game, and you seem to have a good dynamic with your co-host. Points for that!

I could have done without 10 minutes of you reading the booklet, please stop reading all the dialogue boxes, and for the love of all that's holy please stop doing screechy women's voices.

Lol that ain't stopping. That's how I do it. I read all the dialogue. Sorry, but thanks for the critique of what I do.

Saxcat20 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 7, 2015

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
Alright, just so we're clear on what the secret tone of my post was:

When I said "I could have done without 10 minutes of you reading the booklet", I meant "10 minutes of what I assume was that, because there's no way on this bitter earth I'm spending 10 minutes listening to you slowly read character descriptions that could have been posted in-thread".

And when I said "for the love of all that's holy", I mean "in order to avoid an objectively terrible Let's Play".

But, I mean, more power to you I guess! Shine on, crazy diamond.

Saxcat20
May 8, 2013

Bacter posted:

Alright, just so we're clear on what the secret tone of my post was:

When I said "I could have done without 10 minutes of you reading the booklet", I meant "10 minutes of what I assume was that, because there's no way on this bitter earth I'm spending 10 minutes listening to you slowly read character descriptions that could have been posted in-thread".

And when I said "for the love of all that's holy", I mean "in order to avoid an objectively terrible Let's Play".

But, I mean, more power to you I guess! Shine on, crazy diamond.

Its ok. I've been doing this a long time. I have my style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Saxcat20 posted:

Yeah man. He's got over one hundred LP playlists on his channel and 13,000 subscribers. How dare you question this LP machine. How dare you go against the voice of the People. How dare you-

Okay, I think that's enough. At least he didn't link to an LP that he was already 5+ videos into and he didn't post "like comment subscribe" begging in the thread.

Saxcat20 posted:

Lol that ain't stopping. That's how I do it. I read all the dialogue. Sorry, but thanks for the critique of what I do.

Saxcat20 posted:

This is straight up youtubelpsuperstar.txt though. :allears:

• Locked thread