Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2015

this thing is really long

"The average developer spends more than 7 hours per week coding on the side."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
thx for this boring poo poo failtard

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

thx for this boring poo poo failtard

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
pity bump

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

an accurate chart

e:

a really bad chart

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
coding

is the gayest

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
only 4% use emacs and 40% use notepad++

thats weird

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
lol, as if I'm going to write code outside of work like some idiot nerd fucker

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

displeased moo cow survey response spotted

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

echinopsis posted:

coding

is the gayest

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

snackoverflow hehe

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I thought "growth hackers" were just SEO people but they're listed in this survey along with actual developers :confused:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
is growth hacker a subgroup of zit poppers?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
"because i can't do my job without it" should be at like 100%

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I don't earn even close to what I could, but I actually enjoy my job, make "enough", and don't want to move!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

s/developer/idiot who needs stack overflow, plz

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

growth hacker is a euphemism for "wordpress comment spammer"

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

yard salad posted:

growth hacker is a euphemism for "wordpress comment spammer"

growth hacker is what i use to get rid of my beard

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

yard salad posted:

growth hacker is a euphemism for "spammer"

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

> “Our internal stats suggest the imbalance isn’t quite as severe as the survey results would make it seem, but there’s no doubt everyone who codes needs to be more proactive welcoming women into the field.”

[rant]This always drives me crazy. Are there probably some sexist idiots out there hiring (or not hiring) people? Yes, there probably are, there are some sexist idiots anywhere. But I really feel like the biggest “problem” is *not* coders “needing to be more proactive welcoming women”. I really don’t understand “feminists” who feel that the world won’t be perfect until perfect gender equity in all jobs (or presumably really just the *good* ones – you don’t hear anyone saying we need more female garbagemen or farm grunt laborers, except as reductio ad absurdum) is reached.

Now, is part of the issue cultural? Yes, you do hear plenty of stories of parents, teachers, etc., subtly (or sometimes not so subtly) encouraging boys towards science or engineering hobbies, while discouraging girls, and that is all kinds of dumb. Again, women (and girls) should totally be allowed to do what they enjoy. But if they don’t enjoy programming, why should we “proactively” seek them out and try to brainwash them into thinking they do? That’s the part that’s really never made sense to me. I’m not going to “proactively” welcome anyone. I will happily welcome anyone of any gender, but they have to decide they want to be there, first.
[/rant]

the SECOND FRICKIN COMMENT

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

a really bad chart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
what's so bad about cordova anyway

esp since angular.js seems fairly popular and the standard way of using cordova seems to be ionic (a thing built on top of angular)

• Locked thread